London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Oh brother.... what exactly tells you that she "doesn't seem to want to let go"?
This was over and done until the draft article was written and instead of moving on saying the apology she got wasn’t good enough. Let it go yesterday is gone and can’t change it so move on and get better.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
An update on next season: Report from Brent Lale yesterday says that currently 1,000 fans will be able to attend games and that because the rinks are municipally owned the League cannot require the fans to be vaccinated in order to attend, that will be up to each respective Health unit

Knights gonna have to get creative with season ticket holders.
I'd offer any season ticket a pass on this season with their seat saved for next year to help ease the # of people they will need to figure out a rotating schedule for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ward Cornell

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
When I got both the 1st & 2nd doses of the Pfizer vaccine, the Health Dept. sent me an e-mail confirming the doses I received, and the dates those were administered. Want proof ? Just print out their confirmations, and that should be more than adequate.

I've been waiting over a week since shot 2 n still no email after 2 requests. Maybe I'll drop.in a get a 3rd lol.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Knights gonna have to get creative with season ticket holders.
I'd offer any season ticket a pass on this season with their seat saved for next yrmear to help ease the # of people they will need to figure out a rotating schedule for.
Why do I have a feeling we STH are going to be offered a cardboard cutout of ourselves for the sale price of $50?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The LM situation has caused a great deal of discussion and polarizing opinions.
I'll just say I hope he learns and grows from it, and gets his op to pursue a career if lessons learned and that the young lady is ok and suffers no long term issues from it.
Not a good situation for either person. Big mistake by LM. Ill leave it at that and not get into a blame game as I know either person nor have intimate knowledge of any specifics that lead to it.

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
The LM situation has caused a great deal of discussion and polarizing opinions.
I'll just say I hope he learns and grows from it, and gets his op to pursue a career if lessons learned and that the young lady is ok and suffers no long term issues from it.
Not a good situation for either person. Big mistake by LM. IL leave it at that and not get into a blame game as I know better person nor have intimate knowledge of any specifics that lead to it.
Exactly. What irks me is all the people that want castrate him. I get it that he made a huge and very stupid mistake but he seems genuinely remorseful and wants to learn from this and become the person the Knight's, their fans, and everybody would be proud of. Given the exact same situation I probably would have f**ked up and did the same thing . When I played the only cell phones were on the Jetsons . Nobody would have believed me that I got that lucky in a week !!

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Exactly. What irks me is all the people that want castrate him. I get it that he made a huge and very stupid mistake but he seems genuinely remorseful and wants to learn from this and become the person the Knight's, their fans, and everybody would be proud of. Given the exact same situation I probably would have f**ked up and did the same thing . When I played the only cell phones were on the Jetsons . Nobody would have believed me that I got that lucky in a week !!
I didn't think your takes could get any worse.. and yet here we are.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Why should I see Twitter?

Don't really care what so many on Twitter tweet lol.

I only said not surprised he was picked.

Probably because people are putting pressure on montreal to rescind the pick. Now mailloux is back into the spotlight and mostly not for good reasons

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
I

We're not the ones that made Mailloux's choices *for* him - that's on him, and him only. Whatever consequences that come of this are something he'll have to deal with; if this affects his career prospects he's got nobody to blame but himself. The one thing I'd be asking you is this...what if the victim in this case was your sister, or your daughter? Would your answer be " Sorry sister/daughter...But I want him to be drafted, we should show tolerance and perspective" or would you back your family member first and want him to face some measure of consequence for his actions? Man, I hope you *don't* model yourself after Brock Turner's daddy....
You know, he who defended his son (and trashed the victim) on a rape charge, saying...."It seems like a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action...."

I have 3 sons of my own - 16, 13 and 8. I expect better behaviour from them all than what Logan Mailloux has shown here. I love all 3 of them no end , but if they show such poor judgement it affects their futures they need to suffer the consequences that come with their decisions. To defend them against something indefensible would mean I have failed in my job as a parent.

Should have known better (and that's the messed up part) - what the young woman in this case went through means absolutely nothing; Marc Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens couldn't give a damn about her. All they cared about was giving "their guy" Mailloux an opportunity he didn't earn and doesn't even deserve right now. I'm sorry - but at 18, if you can't stop yourself for a second and think before doing something you *know* is wrong, than there is an issue with the kid that goes deeper than a simple suspension will remedy.

Otto

As a Habs fan, I'm shocked and disappointed in the pick. It really makes no sense. It puts the team in a negative light. What impact will this have in the dressing room? How will this affect signing free agents? And theres still that cryptic message from Dave Branch, to me it reads that Logan is suspended indefinitely.

Bergevin has done a lot lately that make him look really smart, but in this case I think he flew too close to the sun

Reactions: EvenSteven

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Should have known better (and that's the messed up part) - what the young woman in this case went through means absolutely nothing; Marc Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens couldn't give a damn about her. All they cared about was giving "their guy" Mailloux an opportunity he didn't earn and doesn't even deserve right now. I'm sorry - but at 18, if you can't stop yourself for a second and think before doing something you *know* is wrong, than there is an issue with the kid that goes deeper than a simple suspension will remedy.
Bullshit! What more do you want? Tarred and feathered? Lynched down by London Courthouse? The kid made a serious mistake and is trying to be a better person. He was 17 years old for Christ sakes! Boycott the Knights and Habs and do whatever you feel you have to do whether it be moving on or dwelling on it forever. It really must be nice to be perfect. Get used to it because that is the social media world we live in.

Reactions: Fastpace

Otto

If I’m Bergevin and am adamant on Mailloux, I trade up to an earlier 2nd round spot and I pick someone else at 31.

Of course, he may have tried that for all we know.
The thing is, he was rated in the first round. The optics of this would still be bad no matter where he was taken. And as a fan I'd be more pissed knowing we traded assets to pick him

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The thing is, he was rated in the first round. The optics of this would still be bad no matter where he was taken. Ad a fan I'd be more pissed knowing we traded assets to pick him

I believe it would have been worse if the canadiens were to have selected LM @64 or later. The selection seems wrong as it is, imagine the reaction of teams taking the moral high ground just to see another team taking advantage of the player falling in the draft due to his wrong doing. Or some other team selecting LM, then try to justify the pick by stating the 1st round would just be wrong but round ?, that’s ok.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Bullshit! What more do you want? Tarred and feathered? Lynched down by London Courthouse? The kid made a serious mistake and is trying to be a better person. He was 17 years old for Christ sakes! Boycott the Knights and Habs and do whatever you feel you have to do whether it be moving on or dwelling on it forever. It really must be nice to be perfect. Get used to it because that is the social media world we live in.

So what is the price Mailloux is paying?? A paltry $1600 fine in Sweden?? Coming back to Canada telling the NHL not to draft him, never opting out and still getting drafted?? Seeking couselling is a form of rehabilitation not exactly a penalty. So is the price he only pays is that fine?? If this happened to a daughter or sister would you have similar views?? Social media didn't tell him to do this. Logan decided to do this on his own. Yes people will move on but if you can't grasp the seriousness of what's happening in society we can't help you. Bergevin was part of the Blackhawks organization with the current scandal blowing up. The problem is now sports and many organizations only care about the wins and losses a moral compass is thrown out the window. This isn't about clutching pearls this is about whether or not you believe Logan has paid his price and got a just penalty. As of now being a 1st round pick I don't believe there's been any price paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad