London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I think the Knights were prepared for no Kirill Steklov. They've got Montgomery, Roger, Keane, Mailloux returning. Signed Edward, George, MacKinnon, Federkow, Bonk. That's 9 guys for 6-8 spots. Having Steklov would mean probably 3 or 4 OHL-capable players don't have spots.

Reactions: LDN

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think the Knights were prepared for no Kirill Steklov. They've got Montgomery, Roger, Keane, Mailloux returning. Signed Edward, George, MacKinnon, Federkow, Bonk. That's 9 guys for 6-8 spots. Having Steklov would mean probably 3 or 4 OHL-capable players don't have spots.

6 rookie D amongst the 9 that you have listed,and the 3- 19 year olds only have 153 games of OHL combined experience will make for very interesting times for London especially goalie Brochu who I felt was the best rookie tender in the OHL when the league last played.
While I know most teams in the league will be hurting experience wise with their D corps,wouldn't be surprised if an oa dman will be acquired though good ones will be hard to find.
Thinking this will be a rebuild year London,though they wont be the only ones.

Reactions: LDN

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
imports can sign at any time during the season. I wouldn't assume he's not coming just because of no signing yet. Last season (2019-2020) Nick Malik came at the trade deadline.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I thought it usually takes a while. What about the defense man they took with their 2nd pick?

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
imports can sign at any time during the season. I wouldn't assume he's not coming just because of no signing yet. Last season (2019-2020) Nick Malik came at the trade deadline.
Its also more likely a vaccination issue than them not reporting. I think it will figure itself out

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
If anyone is able to help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Looking to get a women's jersey online but no clue what size to get. I'm 5f 6 inches.
Thanks in advance.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
If anyone is able to help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Looking to get a women's jersey online but no clue what size to get. I'm 5f 6 inches.
Thanks in advance.
Depends on your build. If you are under 140 lbs, small should fit. If you are fat (1980s word), today called 'heavy set', go with medium.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
It looks like Kirill Steklov will not be returning for next season. He is going to play in Russia instead.
It will be a loss, but not a huge loss.

If this is true really makes me scratch my head. Why would they pass on the second import pick?

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I think 5000 is even ambitious. Provincial number is currently 1000 indoors. With that many STH’s, there’s no perfect solution. The best I’ve come up with is dividing up the games to the STH’s, but even that’s not great because how do you decide who goes to what games, etc.

If the OHL is mandating that only fully vaccinated people be allowed in, then Ford should allow full capacity. What's the point of getting vaccinated if we are still going to be restricted in the things we do.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
If the OHL is mandating that only fully vaccinated people be allowed in, then Ford should allow full capacity. What's the point of getting vaccinated if we are still going to be restricted in the things we do.

I agree, but that’s the Ford govt. for you. At some point they have to understand that they are not going to change the minds of those who don’t want it.

The OHL needs full capacity, or at least close to it. There have been 2 Stanley Cups, 2 NBA titles, a Super Bowl and a World Series awarded since the OHL last played a game. In a league where they aren’t exactly strapped with cash, that’s put a lot of teams behind big time.

Reactions: jimbarrou

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I agree, but that’s the Ford govt. for you. At some point they have to understand that they are not going to change the minds of those who don’t want it.

The OHL needs full capacity, or at least close to it. There have been 2 Stanley Cups, 2 NBA titles, a Super Bowl and a World Series awarded since the OHL last played a game. In a league where they aren’t exactly strapped with cash, that’s put a lot of teams behind big time.

There's s significant difference between indoor/outdoor venues with respect to Covid-19. In a closed environment, the likleyhood of infection is somewhat greater, plus arena temperatures are more often colder. Those colder situations do seemingly foster better odds of contagnion....just look at the incidences of infection in meat packing/processing plants.

If the threshold is 1000, then what advantage is there for me to pay for Knights season's tickets? There's a base of roughly 5000 STH in London, so if attendance is limited, and done rotationally, I'd only get to see 1 game in 5 or 20%. Even if the seasons ticket package is priced at 80% off ( which I find to be highly unlikley ) I'd just as soon watch the games on the OHL Action Pak, and avoid any and all Covid restrictions that live attendance will surely be in place.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I fully expect them to pro-rate seasons tickets, so you only pay for what you get. If you don't want to attend live games in the covid era, then certainly you should probably consider getting rid of your seasons tickets. But the waiting list in a city like London might be long, and it might take a while to get them back, which is another consideration.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I think the cap for seasons tickets is 6750 so if they are letting 2000 in you will be going to roughly every 3 home game.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Were getting too close to do this. But I thought maybe they would ask who wants to "opt out" but still keep their seats for next season and then run a lottery to the rest of the season ticketers.

But to what percentage do they do seasons versus general? I doubt it's 100% cause that's a scalpers dream but also not a great way to get new fans.

it's a mess and I understand why teams are waiting as long as they can to announce it. They are just waiting and hoping for a plan that allows them to sell more tickets.

Bardownsky

Apr 6, 2020
This may not be a popular opinion but I think there should be no limits on the number of fans so long as they can show they are double vaccinated. I like what QC is doing with a passport and giving people who are double vaccinated more privileges.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
This may not be a popular opinion but I think there should be no limits on the number of fans so long as they can show they are double vaccinated. I like what QC is doing with a passport and giving people who are double vaccinated more privileges.

I don’t think that’s too unpopular of an opinion. Anyone who can/wants to get vaccinated can do so now, and will have been able to for some time come October. The point of getting vaccinated is to get us reopened. Can’t see why we couldn’t have full capacity, but I still don’t expect it to happen.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Knights will be a good team.. no chance against barrie tho .. with or without Foerster that team looks scary

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Knights will be a good team.. no chance against barrie tho .. with or without Foerster that team looks scary
Well.. considering that they wouldn't play Barrie until the finals should both teams make it that far.. and a lot will change between now and then... I don't think it's a concern of the Knights

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Well.. considering that they wouldn't play Barrie until the finals should both teams make it that far.. and a lot will change between now and then... I don't think it's a concern of the Knights
0.1 seconds still haunts me

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad