London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Wouldn’t say best development , just offering incentives to players who are already good to get them to come to the O

Thanks for your contributions. Question for ya, how many drafted kids late 1st rd or later that weren't "flyer picks" or picks that played the won't report card and other teams passed on have made it ;) it's a long list. I'll get ya started Mete, Bouchard, Foudy, Forementon, Thomas.........let me know what else ya find. That's just a small sample.
You've added alot over the last couple days. Appreciated.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for your contributions. Question for ya, how many drafted kids late 1st rd or later that weren't "flyer picks" or picks that played the won't report card and other teams passed on have made it ;) it's a long list. I'll get ya started Mete, Bouchard, Foudy, Forementon, Thomas.........let me know what else ya find. That's just a small sample.

You raise some good points,

how about the highly touted players who come to play for knights who you know, regress?

McCarron comes to mind.

How do 19 teams miss out on Marner? For London to say hey, we see something in this player and somehow 19 teams totally missed his talents before hand? It doesn’t make sense to me really.

2013 ohl finals, Scheifele is about to take the chip single handed and the knights go after him and take him out of the series.

I’ve seen enough ohl to know there’s always something going on behind closed doors, but no one really says much

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Only way to know was to have actually been at the game - josh Anderson goes after Scheifele causing a head injury - did we ever see any replay after that? It’s extinct, you won’t be able to find it anywhere . If you are going to bring players in with your wealth, (although I can’t prove it but come on, just look at it year in and out), atleast take a fair loss when ur on the brink. That’s all I’m saying

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Mete literally turned down Owen sound and all of a sudden came to the O when his rights were traded, what are you talking about? The other guys are good players but I’ve seen equivalents taken by any other team?

heres development for you flash back to:

2011 - colts trade OA goalie maverick parks to Saginaw for Scheifele and a 2nd rounder

2014- mangipane gets cut from Pete’s camp, colts take him as a FA

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I think it goes both ways. Sure the Knights get some guys that were clearly better than where they drafted them, but it’s not for no reason that they would want to go there.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Mete literally turned down Owen sound and all of a sudden came to the O when his rights were traded, what are you talking about? The other guys are good players but I’ve seen equivalents taken by any other team?

heres development for you flash back to:

2011 - colts trade OA goalie maverick parks to Saginaw for Scheifele and a 2nd rounder

2014- mangipane gets cut from Pete’s camp, colts take him as a FA

Yup my bad BUT OS made out very well in that trade;)

Yup Barrie is the best. Happy?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Coincidence?

upload_2021-8-26_10-50-17.png

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Good afternoon,
Please see below for information on tickets to the first exhibition game, new game day protocol, and training camp information.
SEPTEMBER 3RD TICKETS
When can I purchase tickets?

Tickets for the exhibition game powered by Start.ca on Friday, September 3rd will be available for purchase starting on Monday, August 30th by season ticket holders only.
Tickets will be available over the phone and in person beginning at 10:00am and based on availability will be available online beginning at 12:00pm.
Are tickets included as part of my season ticket package?
No, the cost per ticket will be $20.00 and proceeds will be donated to local community organizations. Additional fees will apply for tickets purchased online. Any previous payments made on your account have been applied to the 2021-2022 regular season.
Will I be guaranteed my seats for the game?
No, tickets to the game are being sold as general admission, as such no seat will be assigned to you at purchase. For this game only the lower bowl will be open (excluding 101). The restaurant and 300 level will be closed.
What do I need to purchase tickets?
To purchase tickets, you will require your account number and a promo code which will be sent in a separate email. This will be required regardless of purchase method.
Please note that this non-transferable code is unique to each season ticket holder and can only be used once to purchase tickets for this game. You will be able to purchase up to the number of tickets which you currently hold as a season ticket holder based on availability. If you purchase less than that, you will not be able to use the code again to purchase more tickets.
How can I purchase tickets?
Tickets will be available in the following ways:
By phone: 519-681-0800 ext. 1
In person: At the Aluminum Associates London Knights Armoury (entrance off Talbot St)
Online: Click here you will need to sign into your season ticket account, and use the provided promo code
You can receive your ticket through email (print at home or mobile delivery) or have a ticket printed off. The Aluminum Associates London Knights Armoury is open Monday through Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm. On Friday the box office will be available at Gate 1 beginning at 4:00pm.
How many spectators will be allowed?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions there is a total capacity of 1,000 spectators for this game.
GAME DAY PROTOCOL
You will be able to choose seat(s) when you arrive as long as you are socially distanced from others
Please enter through Gate 1 (main gate/box office -Talbot and King) or Gate 5 (Talbot and Dundas), as all other gates will be closed.
Prior to entering Budweiser Gardens, you will need to show proof of full vaccination, either with a printed copy of your vaccination receipt or the electronic copy on your mobile device. Photo id will also be required. Masks must be worn at all times inside Budweiser Gardens.
There is a no re-entry policy, and the smoking area will no longer be available.
TRAINING CAMP
The London Knights will be hosting 2021 Training Camp presented by Start.ca starting Monday, August 30th until Wednesday, September 1st at Budweiser Gardens.
The 2021 Training Camp presented by Start.ca will be closed to the public, however intrasquad games will be streamed on Facebook Live.
For intrasquad game times and training camp roster, click here.
If you require any additional information, please contact us at 519-681-0800 ext.1 or reply to this email.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
You raise some good points,

how about the highly touted players who come to play for knights who you know, regress?

McCarron comes to mind.

How do 19 teams miss out on Marner? For London to say hey, we see something in this player and somehow 19 teams totally missed his talents before hand? It doesn’t make sense to me really.

2013 ohl finals, Scheifele is about to take the chip single handed and the knights go after him and take him out of the series.

I’ve seen enough ohl to know there’s always something going on behind closed doors, but no one really says much

Marner was extremely small when drafted thats why

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Ryan pyette said in the london free press that Steklov is trying out for a spot in the khl and wont be in training camp. Gazizov has expressed interest in signing but can't come until Sept 8th at the earliest because of covid-19 protocols, immigration, visas, and vaccinations. Not sure if russian vaccine has been approved by health Canada or not. Also brett brochu has been invited to pittsburgh's rookie camp.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't know either, but apparently the Soo's Russian will be here too (already signed), maybe the week after training camp.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Anyone waiting for the online @ 12:00 for tickets to Friday, may want to call, I spent 45 mins on hold after calling 20+ times and getting a busy signal/not available message. Doubt the 1000 tickets are going to last until noon.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Anyone waiting for the online @ 12:00 for tickets to Friday, may want to call, I spent 45 mins on hold after calling 20+ times and getting a busy signal/not available message. Doubt the 1000 tickets are going to last until noon.
I've been trying to get tics all morning without luck...started calling at 10 am.

EDIT: finally got through and picked up a single ticket.

Last edited:

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
I've been trying to get tics all morning without luck...started calling at 10 am.
I honestly thought i had lost my spot and tried calling from another phone, once you get the next available operator message at extension 1 do not hang up!

Reactions: nelli27

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I honestly thought i had lost my spot and tried calling from another phone, once you get the next available operator message at extension 1 do not hang up!

I went down to The Armory to pick up my tickets. The lineup was relatively short, but sort of resembled the line usually seen at the entrance to a Methadone distribution clinic. Everyone was waiting to get their fix, and those coming out with tickets in hand, looked like they'd just scored with their connection. Jubilation!!! I'm gonna get to see live hockey again, and who cares that it's just an exhibition game against the Sting.

Tip for those who've gotten tickets : Bring some photo ID ( preferably your Health Card ), since you may be asked to verify the Covid-19 vaccination proof that you're presenting as being yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad