London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Agreed I think the Rangers could open some eyes especially if they have or can address their need for an experienced and skilled goaltender. As hockey is not my real focus in the summer have they hired a Coach relieving MM of his dual role? Really feel they need an established coach as MM is a strong GM not blown away by his coaching skills.

MM has taken over for this season as well. I like him more for this year’s team more than I did last season. He uses his bottom 6 a lot more at even strength and gets the most out of them, which in a retool season is huge and something McKee failed to do in 18-19. You need to build up the confidence in the young guys playing down the lineup

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
MM has taken over for this season as well. I like him more for this year’s team more than I did last season. He uses his bottom 6 a lot more at even strength and gets the most out of them, which in a retool season is huge and something McKee failed to do in 18-19. You need to build up the confidence in the young guys playing down the lineup

I wonder if maybe he has someone in mind that is under contract for an additional season somewhere? Regardless I really like his GM performance he has drafted exceptionally well. I like how he drafts for his teams needs rather then take the easy way out and simply draft the highest available talent. I think it’s a mistake him coaching BUT who knows what may be going on behind the scenes? If not this season certainly it’s not far off where Kitchener will return to the elite of the OHL if they have patience and let this guy do his job.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I wonder if maybe he has someone in mind that is under contract for an additional season somewhere? Regardless I really like his GM performance he has drafted exceptionally well. I like how he drafts for his teams needs rather then take the easy way out and simply draft the highest available talent. I think it’s a mistake him coaching BUT who knows what may be going on behind the scenes? If not this season certainly it’s not far off where Kitchener will return to the elite of the OHL if they have patience and let this guy do his job.
Is it possible they are just not adding to the payroll with the uncertainty surrounding this season. Its not like MM did a bad job behind the bench last season far from it but I would agree that he probably isnt the permanent solution.

Reactions: Buttsy

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Tonight is the night where Dallas can punch their ticket to the Western Conference Finals. I’ll be cheering for Dallas to get another Stanley Cup. It’s been 13 years since Corey Perry has lifted the Cup and I bet you he’s ready to lift it again.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Michael Hutchinson, Nazem Kadri, Vladislav Namestnikov, and Nikita Zadorov getting no love from you?

Colorado is young team on the rise. They win the Cup in 1-3 years. Dallas has a bunch of veterans like Perry who it might be their last shot...

boknows

Oct 15, 2015

SUPER ----- back on July 13th, I asked if anyone knew what was status for Isaiah and the board was quiet. I am glad that he is signed as I feel that he will be a very good defensive defenceman. Now to make sure he and Edward get enough ice time

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Tonight is the night where Dallas can punch their ticket to the Western Conference Finals. I’ll be cheering for Dallas to get another Stanley Cup. It’s been 13 years since Corey Perry has lifted the Cup and I bet you he’s ready to lift it again.
I never cheer for Texas teams, the mere mention of that state makes me nauseous. I'll refrain from explaining, please refrain from asking. Plus Corey Perry has won so many hockey awards, I'll cheer for Colorado, Kadri, Zadorov, etc...

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Good for Isiah. But it leads me to a question...how many 2004s is a team allowed to dress? Is there even a limit ?

I ask only because I don’t know how it works and pretty sure Isiah is the 6th signing from the 2004 group.

Can anyone shed some light?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
4 is the limit I believe. Then if you trade for them you can keep more than 4.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
But you can send some up and down as affiliates so you can end up rotating through more.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Interesting excerpt from the article on the December start in the Freep's.

The Knights expect Estonian defenceman Kirill Steklov to return to London before the season, but are not against him seeking training opportunities in Russia until it’s time to report to camp. They are still in contact with German world junior forward J-J Peterka about calling Budweiser Gardens home this winter.
“We talk to him usually once a week, if not more, and his agency,” London associate GM Rob Simpson said. “We’re still working on that and when the kids come back in November, he’ll be one of them.”

It reads to be as if Peterka will be a Knight this season, however it could be wishful thinking of Simpson's part or a poorly written quote where he is speaking about Steklov. Thoughts?

OHL commissioner hopes to see fans in stands for December puck drop | London Free Press

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
This signing is aggressive on the Knights part as college and USHL were mentioned quite a bit with him. This explained why he fell into their laps at 4th round.

Reactions: TheCoach

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Don’t think this was posted. Nice little show featuring Mailloux and Mark Hunter from over a month ago:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Good for Isiah. But it leads me to a question...how many 2004s is a team allowed to dress? Is there even a limit ?

I ask only because I don’t know how it works and pretty sure Isiah is the 6th signing from the 2004 group.

Can anyone shed some light?

Not referring to Isiah but signing doesn't mean you will make the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad