London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Is Power even interested in playing in the OHL
Don't think there's been a definitive 'no'. He could fast track to Michigan. Pull a Werenski of sorts because there's no way he plays two more years of USHL.

Just be nice to use a forward asset to get an '01 D. PP is right, they'll make an OA D trade by September. Plus, it would make sense to go defense with the available import pick.

Still keeping my eye on Cameron Rowe. UND already has two goalies on roster for next year. Know Owen Say is a popular choice around here but adding a possible NHL pick would be nice.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Don't think there's been a definitive 'no'. He could fast track to Michigan. Pull a Werenski of sorts because there's no way he plays two more years of USHL.

Just be nice to use a forward asset to get an '01 D. PP is right, they'll make an OA D trade by September. Plus, it would make sense to go defense with the available import pick.

Still keeping my eye on Cameron Rowe. UND already has two goalies on roster for next year. Know Owen Say is a popular choice around here but adding a possible NHL pick would be nice.

Does Rowe give up UND if he’s not the definitive starter in London though?

As for the OA trade, you almost have to wait out Joey Keane before you trade for another OA dman. Take your lumps the first few weeks if you have to.

I forgot about Vlasic in my first post about next year. He would be a huge get.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Yes this year was a “missed” shot but as I have stated many times it was determined early when they inked the 4 draft picks. That to me is last year and we have to move forward. Starting Saturday

Reactions: Fastpace

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Does Rowe give up UND if he’s not the definitive starter in London though?

As for the OA trade, you almost have to wait out Joey Keane before you trade for another OA dman. Take your lumps the first few weeks if you have to.

I forgot about Vlasic in my first post about next year. He would be a huge get.
For his development, it's better here than UND. He's looking at third string for two years compared to 20-25 games next year in the O. The goalies ahead of him are a junior and sophomore, respectively, next year. Neither will probably jump early so he has to steal their spot or look elsewhere. Granted, the DP does a great job of hammering home the importance of education.

True on J. Keane. I see they have four Hartford D signed for next year and two RFA's. It's possible NYR could send him down. Think Cotter will be the one returned of the signed prospects.

Vlasic and Gruden are must get's for contention.

Looking at that roster, I'd say our window was this year.....and we blew it! :(
September isn't the time for any team to go into panic mode when it comes to card management. Bottom line is the Knights sh!t the bed on that one. Sure, Championships are not won in September but your thought pattern that early can definitely define your season and take away your chances at winning one. Point blank, they screwed up and someone needs to own it. The early panic handcuffed them at the deadline and they were forced to make what turned out to be lateral moves. I liked the Hancock move..but bringing in Keane still is a head scratcher. The D would have been pretty much the same with Timms in that slot. That last card should have went to get a player like Tippett

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and shanewalsh

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
2019/2020 Lineup:
Forwards: (10)
Stuart Rolofs 16
Sean McGurn 17
Luke Evangelista 17
Antonio Stranges 17
Sahil Panwar 17
Connor McMichael 18
Matvei Guskov 18
Billy Moskal 19
Liam Foudy 19
Nathan Dunkley 19
Defence: (5)
Logan Mailloux 16
Ben Roger 17
Gerard Keane 17
Liam Whittaker 17
Alec Regula 19
Goalies: (2)
Jordan Kooy 19

Not sure Foudy is back. Fast, skilled & cheap player option for Columbus.
Looking at the list above, (didn't include OA's) could be a very very young team.
Unless US guys show up & an Euro.
Not sold on Dunkley.Playoff invisible and easily neutralized.
Hunter should package him and Evangelsta to Flint for some center size upgrade.
Next years teams is again undersized .Get some beef Hunter, use your stockpile of picks to aquire trade for known established talent.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Hahahahahahahaha best defenceman is Bouchard, omg that’s classic. Amazing what a bunch of points does for your stock eh. Kid has more giveaways than a charity, and has the tenacity of a kitten in a dog kennel. I think it’s hilarious that Edmonton think they drafted a defenceman. The only way Bouchard has success in the show is if they convert him to wing and introduce him to his own goalie.
Samarokov love him or hate was the Best Dman in the series.
He was the complete package .
Bouchard while great offensively along with Bovquist was terrible defensively.

Reactions: LDN

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
The Knights were lacking gamebreakers in their 12-14 forwards post deadline. Everyone knew it. And their goal prevention wasn’t nearly good enough for the caliber of defencemen they had. It’s interesting that Dylan handles that group. Someone mentioned bringing in a defence coach.

As far as the contention window - that’s difficult to say when there are so many unknowns during the offseason. Furthermore, London generally isn’t too old or too young year to year, so it makes identifying the contention window harder versus a team like Guelph who had a veteran lineup heading into the season. It was more obvious that this year was Guelph’s ‘window’ to contend.

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Not sold on Dunkley.Playoff invisible and easily neutralized.
Hunter should package him and Evangelsta to Flint for some center size upgrade.
Next years teams is again undersized .Get some beef Hunter, use your stockpile of picks to aquire trade for known established talent.

Dunkley didn’t produce much offensively but I thought he was one of the few forwards winning board battles and puck battles consistently through the Guelph series. I keep him.

I do agree that the size gap was a factor in Guelph winning the series. The only way London could win is if they were able to use their speed to their advantage. Once Guelph neutralized that, it was over. That was London’s one competitive advantage before the series started.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
September isn't the time for any team to go into panic mode when it comes to card management. Bottom line is the Knights sh!t the bed on that one. Sure, Championships are not won in September but your thought pattern that early can definitely define your season and take away your chances at winning one. Point blank, they screwed up and someone needs to own it. The early panic handcuffed them at the deadline and they were forced to make what turned out to be lateral moves. I liked the Hancock move..but bringing in Keane still is a head scratcher. The D would have been pretty much the same with Timms in that slot. That last card should have went to get a player like Tippett

....or Suzuki. ;)

....or are you still in denial? :)

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Also touching base on the coaching staff (minus the trainers) leaving the ice and not shaking the players hands. I don't agree with that at all. Show some damn class. I bleed Knights green and gold and that pisses me off seeing the Hunters do that. It's things like this that make the hockey world hate on the Hunters and the Knights.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
wow agree good sir Generals did it years ago to us Petes fans ? Branch should handle this???? or not lol

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Hockey is also a game of pshychology with the minds of skillful and talented players in a team assemble. If your team is playing the defensive game as the Knights did in the last 4 games against Guelph, they could not allow themselves defending against the puck in the end. It’s so much more difficult and tiresome chasing a fast puck in your end then chasing a 6’5 » 230 bls players (Ratcliffe) when he’s found all by himself by the crease to tip in a nice pass from Suzuki on the fourth goal of game 7. Knights players hypnotized by the movement of the puck so much so to blind themselves to movements of big players around them.. So much easier to chase a big player than a small black rubber puck. IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Hockey is also a game of pshychology with the minds of skillful and talented players in a team assemble. If your team is playing the defensive game as the Knights did in the last 4 games against Guelph, they could not allow themselves defending against the puck in the end. It’s so much more difficult and tiresome chasing a fast puck in your end then chasing a 6’5 » 230 bls players (Ratcliffe) when he’s found all by himself by the crease to tip in a nice pass from Suzuki on the fifth goal of game 7. Knights players hypnotized by the movement of the puck so much so to blind themselves to movements of big players around them.. So much easier to chase a big player than a small black rubber puck. IMHO

The fifth goal of game 7 was scored by Suzuki on the pp.

The seventh goal of game 7 was scored by Ratcliffe and the pass came from Durzi, not Suzuki.

Moskal was the one who turned his back on Ratcliffe.

Carry on

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
The whole coaching staff went immediately to Guelph bench and shook hands so I don’t know what the big deal is all about.

Reactions: aresknights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad