London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

No disrespect to Bouchard, but Mac Hollowell was the only choice for this award. He put up similar or better offensive numbers in more games. He was also perhaps the best defensive blueliner in the game. He brought a level of consistency that is rarely seen in the O. I thought he was the best player in the league to be honest.

Bouchard was a little inconsistent defensively in my viewings and London fans seemed to be a little harsher than that. He's an absolute beast on offense, but all things being considered I thought he was second best. Here's hoping he has a great career with my favourite NHL team though.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
No disrespect to Bouchard, but Mac Hollowell was the only choice for this award. He put up similar or better offensive numbers in more games. He was also perhaps the best defensive blueliner in the game. He brought a level of consistency that is rarely seen in the O. I thought he was the best player in the league to be honest.

Bouchard was a little inconsistent defensively in my viewings and London fans seemed to be a little harsher than that. He's an absolute beast on offense, but all things being considered I thought he was second best. Here's hoping he has a great career with my favourite NHL team though.
I agree it should have been Hollowell. He had a great year and hopefully will continue on and have fantastic pro career.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
This is a bit of a puzzling pick - not the most points, the best plus/minus? Usually it is somewhat of a scoring thing and he is 11th in scoring. Not sure what to think on this one - ( insert Otto post here).

maybe points per game or having a high plus/minus in a lower amount of games than most.

the standard for the voters in all categories seems to be the most highly touted Canadian player (higher draft selection, WJCs, NHL games played etc.), regardless of how they actually played. 2 other examples include:
Byfield over Perfetti ROY (1st overall vs. 5th overall)
Byfield over Rossi ROY (Canada vs. Austria)

Essentially the most recognizable name always wins

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Still waiting on the Knights signing Rolofs and Mailloux......maybe they want to group them with another big fish (Vlasic, Dowiak)
Dowiak is not a big fish

Vlasic needs to be drafted by nhl team with good relationships with London to have a chance of coming

Reactions: STS and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I dont believe he was the best in the OHL but thats just my opinion

Bouchard should have gotten it last year but they decided on Nicolas Hague instead, guess it's a league's costmary to award it to a less deserving defenseman. Kind of a pay back for Bouchard I guess, but "man" was he ever off his game the last five games of the Guelph series, what turned out to be of his OHL career.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Still waiting on the Knights signing Rolofs and Mailloux......maybe they want to group them with another big fish (Vlasic, Dowiak)

How many spots on the roster are available ? What about last years high draft picks that chose the ohl & sat in the stands many games ? Where do they fit in ?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

No disrespect but who's Mac Hollowell ?

Nah ! Just kidding, he had a very good year with good numbers to tag along, he could have as easily won it. He is an o/a with a year older in his fith OHL season that may of have had a little to do with the decision making, in any case Hollowell had a great season for sure, no doubts here.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How many spots on the roster are available ? What about last years high draft picks that chose the ohl & sat in the stands many games ? Where do they fit in ?

How ever many the Knights does with the signing of new faces , I am sure many will agree if they would leave at least a half of a dozen spots open for the Juanuary trade deadline, just in case.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Vlasic isn't that good that he'll be signed by an NHL team right away IMO

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I read this forum and wonder if some posters think London has a 100 player protected roster and 45 cards to dish out. And 2 rosters to fill. ;)
Power, Vlasic, Dowiak, insert 20 other names that are either former picks, FAs or hold outs from other squads, plus sign 4 draft picks and/or FAs cause they looked ok at a spring skate, then add draft picks that played jrB last year.................

Nice to chase dreams, I hope the odd kid signs but Ill focus on who is on the protected list and who is signed.

I know its just a discussion board but try n look at it realistically.

They will add a vet or two. A rookie or two. A surprise FA or signing and thats aboit it, as always. Anyq else added will be a kid rotated in and playing mi or minutes and limited games or someome acquired in a deal that moves a body out.

1/2 picks from this year. Vet D . 1 kid from last years draft (already signed) ....... Doesnt leavd much room for the FA standouts at spring skate plus all the previous "flyers" drafted to sign n get minutes.

Everyone has a fav or two they would like to join the green n gold but a couple posters want 10 guys signed based on a spring skate, a youtube clip or some minor hockey stats they saw.

Slow down, itll work out.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Foudy has a legitimate chance to stick in the NHL.

I know some posters on here aren't fans, but he was one of the best Knights forwards once he got going. He'd be a valuable asset in the bottom 6 of Columbus. I watched some Columbus pre-season games before this season and he looked pretty good. His early success in the AHL isn't a surprise to me.

Foudy/Formenton are both better NHL prospects than they are OHL players.

Everyone has a fav or two they would like to join the green n gold but a couple posters want 10 guys signed based on a spring skate, a youtube clip or some minor hockey stats they saw.

Slow down, itll work out.
Considering how our card situation turned out this season..I'd argue team management needs to slow down as well. Talk about premature ejaculation. To a TEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad