London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
So unless there are any compensatory picks:

19th overall pick - London
20th overall pick - Ottawa
21st overall pick - North Bay
22nd overall pick - London (from NIA)
23rd overall pick - Sarnia
24th overall pick - SSM
25th overall pick - London (from KGN)
Just a question. I thought that first round picks could not be traded? So are these just numbered as 19th, 20th and 21st etc. as second round picks?

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Stranges-McMichael-Evangelista
Guskov-Dunkley(OA)-Rolofs
McCue-Moskal (OA) - Panwar
McGurn -X -X

Steklov-Skinner
Mailloux-Keane
Roger-Montgomery

Brochu
X

Roughly 3 spots up for grabs...
Highly doubt Panwar returns and pending playoff production, Guskov may be on the hot seat too. If the right deal came for Stranges would 100% Athanasiou him.

Still hoping the Hawks can twist Vlasic's arm to sign but that's a pipe dream.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Highly doubt Panwar returns and pending playoff production, Guskov may be on the hot seat too. If the right deal came for Stranges would 100% Athanasiou him.

Still hoping the Hawks can twist Vlasic's arm to sign but that's a pipe dream.

Guskov will be interesting.

There is a very real possibility we end up drafting a better import, and Steklov is going nowhere.

I can also easily seeing Guskov making a big jump in his 19 year old season though. He has tools.

I also think McMichael is a goner.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Most games are sellouts at just over 9000 (or close to it), but tickets are sold online as well, some from STH who can't make it to a game. Friday night games (our typical home date) provide more energy and excitement in the building than you'll find on a 'sleepy' Sunday afternoon...playoff hockey being an exception.

Well if you hear of any tickets going on sale behind the night where the Gens would attack twice fee free to dm me. Everyone shows sold out online.

Thanks man!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well if you hear of any tickets going on sale behind the night where the Gens would attack twice fee free to dm me. Everyone shows sold out online.

Thanks man!

Check box office again on game day. Group tickets sometimes get released day of.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Stranges-McMichael-Evangelista
Guskov-Dunkley(OA)-Rolofs
McCue-Moskal (OA) - Panwar
McGurn -X -X

Steklov-Skinner
Mailloux-Keane
Roger-Montgomery

Brochu
X

Roughly 3 spots up for grabs...

That D will an addition or 2 from players not in the system as of yet. Happens every year seemingly. And that group above would be to inexperienced.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Im also sticking with Guskov. Liked his game last year.
He has been challenged this year to work on different aspects of his game. Unless an AList import is available and a sure thing (A Boqvist type talent) Id keep him.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
So unless there are any compensatory picks:

19th overall pick - London
20th overall pick - Ottawa
21st overall pick - North Bay
22nd overall pick - London (from NIA)
23rd overall pick - Sarnia
24th overall pick - SSM
25th overall pick - London (from KGN)
Let's hope North Bay keeps on winning (4 points back right now) and make 8th place so Knights would get 21st and 22nd picks

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I was just reviewing some special teams stats courtesy of the OHL website, and here are some things that stood out regarding our PP.
Overall, the Knights' PP is 2nd.
Yet, here is the more interesting stat that debunks the myth that officials display favouritism toward the Knights. The Knights rank 15th in PP opportunities (221). In other words, in simple language, 15 out of 20 teams go on the PP more than London. These numbers refute the notion that there's biased officiating, that referees are eager to make calls that put the Knights on the PP.
And if you still think that there's favouritism, but it's only at London home games, you'd be wrong. There's no marginal difference between the number of PPs at home (112) and on the road (109).
I would like opposing fans to continue to hate us, but not for spurious reasons. Just find a better reason!
Hopefully, we get to the point where even suggesting that refs favour the Knights will be treated the same way as those who think the earth is flat. Just one of my pet peeves...
:popcorn:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Guskov will be interesting.

There is a very real possibility we end up drafting a better import, and Steklov is going nowhere.

I can also easily seeing Guskov making a big jump in his 19 year old season though. He has tools.

I also think McMichael is a goner.
NOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: Knights2729

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
So. Do we start Myskiw tonight with the 'easier' game and ride Brochu Sat-Sun or go with Brochu-Myskiw-Brochu on Fri-Sat-Sun?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Anyone know what happend to Gruden saw him slide into he string net then I look he's being carried off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad