London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Am I the only one who thinks of this guy when he sees Daniel D'Amico?
CugB0HbWIAI6EO3.jpg

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
London has 14 games remaining this season. 3 vs Guelph, 3 vs Owen Sound, 2 vs Sarnia, 2 vs Soo, 1 vs Erie, 1 vs Kitchener, 1 vs Flint and 1 vs Oshawa.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The gap in skill with the top end players on each team is noticable but Windsor seems to be able to lull London into a "do as much as necessary" type game. And have over the last few years in the reg season.

Never had that feeling London wouldn't make the "next" play and win the game. Just kinda seemed like they were going thru the motions at times. (or Windsor forced them into it- combo of both realistically)

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights clinch playoff spot for 20th straight year with 4-2 Win

globalnews_headshots_300x300_mikestubbs1.jpg

BY MIKE STUBBS 980 CFPL
Thursday’s win over the Spitfires was anything but a given. Windsor is big, skilled and can make life miserable for their opponents, but London played patient hockey and took advantage of their opportunities.
“It was definitely a tough game,” admitted Knights co-captain Alec Regula who scored one of the four London goals.
“They play hard every night and it is a pretty big rivalry between us, so it was a good game and a good win.”
The Knights once again got some big stops from Brett Brochu who made 35 saves in all. His biggest may have happened as London protected a 3-2 lead into the final minute of the game.
“[Brochu] is making a habit out of making those big saves,” pointed out London assistant coach Dylan Hunter.
“He lets us feel calm on the bench because he’s really confident pushing pucks into the corner on tough rebounds.”
READ MORE: ‘Around the OHL’ meets the ‘Unnamed Hockey Podcast’
Brochu, who is from Tilbury, Ont., used to watch Windsor games with his dad when he was younger.
He ended up as first star of the show on Thursday in a second straight 4-2 win by the Knights. Brochu was named second star in Ottawa on Monday as London knocked off the 67’s.
Jonathan Gruden scored the game winner against Ottawa and scored the Knights first goal against the Spitfires to tie the game 1-1 in the second period after Cole Purboo had opened the scoring. Gruden credited the fact that the veterans on the team “don’t let the players get too high or too low and that leadership trickles right down to the young players.”
London Knights clinch playoff spot for 20th straight year

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
20 seasons in a row and never missed the playoffs since Dale and Mark have been owners! Impressive and a monster “Thanks” to all the Knights executive past and present one heck of a job performance!

Not only do they push a lot of kids into professional hockey but also a lot of off ice support staff as well.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012

That 20 year streak is impressive. Anyone know what the record is?

The record is 27 by Peterborough (1977 to 2003) 3 teams are tied at 23 Plymouth Whalers (1992-2014), Oshawa Generals (1978 to 2000), Guelph Storm (1993-2015), The Whalers never missed a playoff dating back to them becoming the Jr. Redwings in 1992 (Missed their first 2 year in existence as the ambassadors) until their last year in Plymouth. Guelph also missed their first 2 years and then didn't miss again until 2016.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Merkley will turn the puck over ( as does every player with the puck on their stick looking to make plays)
But i do appreciate how he trys to set the D player up to chase and this forces lanes to open or odd man opportunities. He does it in all 3 zones. Gets a player on his hip and goes to work. Its subtle at times leaving the D player thinking they got him locked up and a quick move has them outta position. Sneaky lol
When we first got Merkley and I saw him interviewed all I could think was “wow” just a kid that loves and wants to play hockey. I don’t know about all the claimed crap that went on prior to London but I’m really happy for him and I hope his season in London ends on a high note! What a pickup..... and he is talented no doubt about that.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
The Knights need to take advantage of their opportunities tonight.
Not doing so last time against Guelph was why they lost.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't know if a goalie has ever won Rookie of the Year, but I would have to think this year it's a two horse race between Brochu and Wright. However, the league has a lot invested in Wright after granting him exceptional status, so I think it's an uphill climb for Brochu after the season Wright is putting down as a 15 year old. Brochu has easily won the Dinty already.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Question that I don't believe has been raised... does anyone think that Brochu has a chance at winning the Rookie of the Year?
Any other year hes the easy choice but with Wright i dont think he stands much of a chance :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad