London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Formenton wins fastest skater at AHL all-star skills competition, 13.35 (3rd fastest all time for AHL players).
Evan Bouchard second in hardest shot (103). Frk won with a record breaking 109.2...that's crazy!
:thumbu:

Formenton would have beaten everybody in the NHL comp with that time except Barzal and McDavid...

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Formenton would have beaten everybody in the NHL comp with that time except Barzal and McDavid...

Anthony Greco did 13.251 last year @ the AHL All Star Event. That was faster than McDavid's time.
Mike Gartner was very fast. He set the record in the fastest skater event with a time of 13.386. Larkin broke it.
Alex Formenton's time of 13.356 is in elite company. He'll be back in the NHL soon as one of the fastest players today.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Maybe says a lot about the Senators but 3 years ago now I think they had this kid making the team coming out of camp? Never my favourite Knight (should have scored a lot more then he did?) but good luck to him he has some strong skills and should legitimately be in the NHL shortly!

Reactions: zman77
Maybe says a lot about the Senators but 3 years ago now I think they had this kid making the team coming out of camp? Never my favourite Knight (should have scored a lot more then he did?) but good luck to him he has some strong skills and should legitimately be in the NHL shortly!
The difference between being fast in the AHL and being fast in the NHL is the end result. You can be fast and still go nowhere if you don't produce. Formenton needs more finish to make that next step and stick. Ask Rob Drummond how it went being fast in the AHL with no stats. Formenton is having a nice season so far with Belleville, hopefully he can keep it up

Last edited:

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Anyone else at the game yesterday notice how often McMichael is slapping his stick on the ice, calling for the puck? Been noticing it a lot lately. Don't see it as easily on TV, but live ... it's really obvious when you first notice it.
All players call for the puck at some point, of course. But when a potential 150 pt scorer is doing it all game long, that's a problem, IMO.

Reactions: TheCoach

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If Stranges goes in the 1st round that would be the epitome of poor scouting. He'll be lucky as a 2nd round pick

Well man, anything is possible. If Liam Foudy can be an NHL first rounder, it’s possible that Stranges could be a first rounder. We all know Liam Foudy is only gonna be a bottom six forward in the NHL so it’s not like he’s gonna be a top 6 guy either.

So why not take a guy with upside like Stranges or Foudy and hope that he’ll be ready after for years of junior and rounds out his game a little more. And maybe some minors action too.

Not saying he will be a first rounder, but I’m not putting it past teams to pick on upside in the later half of the first round. Heck Ryan Merkley got drafted in the first round and some teams had a “no draft” policy for the kid. Skill and talent is there for both Stranges and Evangelista, but is there another level to their game?? I don’t know..... but just not ready to give up on the kid.

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
McMichael is pounding his stick on the ice because Foudy just doesn't pass the puck = very selfish

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Speaking of delusional, allow me to change subjects. A member on the Soo boards (I'll let you guess who - rhymes with Bischaber) still insists that the Hounds, currently, in 9th place in the conference and with a walloping .478 win percentage, are contenders and can take out anyone in the west. Reason? They're giving up the same amount of shots per game as previous successful seasons. What a hoot!!

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Speaking of delusional, allow me to change subjects. A member on the Soo boards (I'll let you guess who - rhymes with Bischaber) still insists that the Hounds, currently, in 9th place in the conference and with a walloping .478 win percentage, are contenders and can take out anyone in the west. Reason? They're giving up the same amount of shots per game as previous successful seasons. What a hoot!!
I just went and looked at the guys posts cause I wanted to see for myself what you are talking about and holy cow the man is delusional.

Reactions: dirty12
Well man, anything is possible. If Liam Foudy can be an NHL first rounder, it’s possible that Stranges could be a first rounder. We all know Liam Foudy is only gonna be a bottom six forward in the NHL so it’s not like he’s gonna be a top 6 guy either.

So why not take a guy with upside like Stranges or Foudy and hope that he’ll be ready after for years of junior and rounds out his game a little more. And maybe some minors action too.

Not saying he will be a first rounder, but I’m not putting it past teams to pick on upside in the later half of the first round. Heck Ryan Merkley got drafted in the first round and some teams had a “no draft” policy for the kid. Skill and talent is there for both Stranges and Evangelista, but is there another level to their game?? I don’t know..... but just not ready to give up on the kid.
Not giving up on Stranges, but what he has shown this year just doesn't merit a 1st round selection in the NHL Draft. Should he go guns blazing the remainder of the year he could squeak in late 1st round, but right now I think he's looking at a mid 2nd round selection based on what he has done thus far. Still very raw in many facets of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad