London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Pretty sure Keane hasn't seen the ice since heading to the bench after his penalty. With good reason.
Give him the Stranges treatment...seemed to work with Stranges.
Best treatment would be to get rid of him.
Period.
Roger,Montgomery and even Winslow are more valuable assets to the team.
Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: mnaslund86 and LDN

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
I haven't had a chance to see many Knights games this season, how has Merkley been defensively? I've been keeping a close eye on him tonight and he's been fine on that end of the puck.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Hey everyone! I was hoping you might be able to help me.

I'm in the process of mounting my 2005 Memorial Cup jersey. Doing it myself to save some money. Anyway, from what I remember from almost 15 years ago, I was pretty sure I got the whole team on here, but now I'm not sure. I'm trying to identify the signatures by comparing it to the roster from the Wikipedia page 2005 Memorial Cup - Wikipedia.

I think I've got most of them right, though some of the writing is a bit rough. I've attached a pic of those that I think I've correctly identified (but feel free to let me know if I got any wrong). Assuming I'm right thus far, that means I'm either missing or haven't identified:
  • #4 - Matt McCready
  • #52 - Jeff Whitfield
  • #37 - Gerald Coleman
And even if those are on there, then I have extra autos too. Now, I was getting autos all throughout the year, so it's possible some of these are from players who were traded away. According to the hockeydb London Knights 2004-05 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com these are the players that were on the team at some point in the season:
  • Rick Steadman #26
  • Mathis Olimb #41
  • Alexei Ivanov #13
  • Shawn Futers #42
  • Ryan Pottruff #24
  • Kole Bryce
  • Scott Aarsen #6
  • Mike Steadman
  • Andrew Wilkins #26
  • Kris Belan #14
  • Ryan McDonalad #1
The numbers above are my best guesses based on Google image searches. Some of them do line up to the unidentified autos, but in most cases the names don't seem to match the writing (e.g. there's clearly a #26 on the jersey, but I don't think the signature looks like Wilkins or Steadman). The only one I thinking might be correct is the Kris Belan #14 just below AJ Perry (U7)... but I dunno.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can post better pics of the unidentified autos if it helps.

View attachment 286881
U6 =MIKE STEADMAN

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Another WTF defensive game like the Flint one about a month ago.
Maybe Keane would interest Barrie since they had his brother?
Tyler Tucker would be a great add for this Knights team, as would Serron Noel.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
November was a good month. Now we're seeing what it looks like vs top teams. And there are some costly weaknesses and gaping holes.

I've said it a few times and will say it again …. #1 need: a solid DEFENSIVE defenseman. Someone has to cover for Merkley when he turns the puck over up ice.

Tonight's experiment with 11-40-18 showed it won't work. Stranges and Foudy are too much alike. They are "free-form" skaters going any direction, trying to skate around everyone. Extremely talented, of course. But they both want the puck on their stick and are "me-first" players. McMichael goes north-south. McMichael needs a passer. Go back to 11-14-44. McMichael was piling up points playing with those guys.

Some of these guys need to be told the cold, hard truth: They are NOT good enough to stickhandle around an entire team. These few guys want to carry the puck up ice to score an unassisted, highlight goal that will all of a sudden make the NHL teams take note. Sorry, it's a dream.

But hey, let's find the bright spot: no stupid penalties for Tymkin !!!

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Another WTF defensive game like the Flint one about a month ago.
Maybe Keane would interest Barrie since they had his brother?
Tyler Tucker would be a great add for this Knights team, as would Serron Noel.
Noel made a great end to end rush to set up Oshawa's first goal in Kitchener. A real burst of speed. But a lot of the game he wasn't noticeable. Makes you wonder.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I predict Keane kicks another one into hi own net Sunday against Guelph for the Hat Trick 3 goals in 3 games against his own team then gets traded for a broken bag of pucks on Monday!! :mad:

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Noel made a great end to end rush to set up Oshawa's first goal in Kitchener. A real burst of speed. But a lot of the game he wasn't noticeable. Makes you wonder.

My first viewing this year of Noel. To me, he seemed like he can turn it up but only when he wants to. He looked to take shifts off but at times looked top shelf, as rangerblues said about Oshawa’s first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad