London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Corey Perry:
Championships are his Amazing Résumé!

OHL championship
: Check
Memorial Cup: Check
Stanley Cup: Check
World Junior gold: Check
World Cup: Check
World Championship gold: Check
Olympic gold: Check and check again
Former London Knight Corey Perry is one of just two players to compile a list like that in the game of hockey. Perry’s former teammate Scott Niedermayer is the only other person to tick all of the boxes.
“I still have fond memories of tournaments, of championships as far back as Atom or Pee Wee. But one that stands out was in Bantam at the OHL Cup. It was in Peterborough and it was the draft year to go to the OHL and that’s about where it started.”
“It has gone by so fast,” Perry admits. “Sometimes you hear people say to take everything in and don’t take anything for granted and I can tell that is a true statement… you never think that’s where you career is going to end up and that’s what you are going to get to do for your life.”
By: Mike Stubbs
Corey Perry on the verge of playing his 1000th game in the NHL

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Barret Hayton still hasn’t played his 10th NHL game

If he’s returned he could be a huge difference maker if he’s traded to a contender.
He'd become arguably the best player in the league. That would be a hell of a boost for the playoffs, as long as he doesn't play pouty for being sent back

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
He'd become arguably the best player in the league. That would be a hell of a boost for the playoffs, as long as he doesn't play pouty for being sent back
Has the same amount of points as Lawson Crouse who has played 9 games more than Hayton.
Hayton's stats are quite good for a rookie.
Guessing Arizona keeps him.
29Barrett HaytonC9Gms1G3A4Pts1012000-06-0919Peterborough, ONT6.01190
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Steklov left home long ago – and making a new one in London

Ryan Pyette
Updated: November 14, 2019

But not the moving away from home.
Kirill Steklov left Tallinn, Estonia, a long time ago, at age 10, when it had already become clear he needed a bigger hockey challenge.
“The sport is not as popular or developed (in Estonia) as in Russia,” the 17-year-old London Knights rookie defenceman said this week through translator and teammate Matvey Guskov. “I don’t think people have heard about Estonian hockey.
“So I played in Russia for seven years. I was already away from home, so I’ve already spent a lot of time alone. You miss your parents, but they do visit and I hope they will come (to London) this year.”
If they do, they would be proud of a son already immersed in the winning London culture and instantly accepted by his teammates. He earned further respect recently when he returned quickly from a whiplash injury suffered in Oshawa and blocked a difficult shot on the penalty kill that led to a tight win over North Bay.
“I like to help the team win,” the lanky 6-foot-4 rearguard said with a grin. “Sometimes, you have to pay a price on the PK and feel pain to win games."
Steklov left home long ago – and making a new one in London

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So apparently Mississauga is debating on making Thomas Harley available via trade, so I got a fun game for you. If you had to choose, who would you rather acquire:

Thomas Harley

Arthur Kaliyev

Akil Thomas

Give me your answer and why... ;)

LondonLarry

Oct 29, 2019
So apparently Mississauga is debating on making Thomas Harley available via trade, so I got a fun game for you. If you had to choose, who would you rather acquire:

Thomas Harley

Arthur Kaliyev

Akil Thomas

2 of the 3 would be nice...but Harley first....require more D depth than scoring punch if we decide to make a serious run for it.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Thomas Harley

Arthur Kaliyev

Akil Thomas

The ranking of skill level & character is: 1. Harley 2. Kaliyev 3. Thomas
The ranking of coming back next year is 1. Kaliyev 2. Harley (Almost made it this year) 3. Thomas (99% chance he isnt back.

I would say Harley cause as you know Defence wins chips :P

Reactions: KnightsWatch

4kmm4

Jun 12, 2013
Wouldn't it be nice to go to the game tonight and have Kathy back doing the announcing instead of the endless
string of yelling DJ's. Kathy was the BEST!

Reactions: Knights2729

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
To follow it up how can we make a trade for 2 or 3 of them?

Each trade has to start with 2-2nds & 1-3rd

Players who we could make available very easily: Dunkley ( low value, but a player who has scored in this league and will for sure come back as an OA), Nelson (low value OA), Panwar (Medium value, really just needs a shot and will develop into a solid forward in this league), Rolofs (High value, 1st rounder with potential to become a right shot power forward, needs more ice time), Keane (Medium Value, Hunters seem to like him so its unlikely they would let him go, but does have potential to be that puck moving offensive D), Winslow (Medium Value, Hunters probably wont trade him as they had to convince him to come), Roger (Medium Value and still growing into his size. He will be a good D in this league...I wouldnt want to trade him, but for the right piece everyone is available)

IF my assumption is correct and we have 5 cards I would want to see this type of thing

2-2nds, 1-3rd, 1-4th (conditional becomes a 2nd if he returns next year), Rolofs for Kaliyev
2-2nds 1-3rd, 2-4ths ( one conditional becomes a 2nd if he returns next year), Roger for Harley
2-2nds 1-3rd, Panwar for Thomas
Nelson(OA) and 1-3rd for Chenier (OA)
2-3rds, 2-4ths and (Keane or Winslow) for LeGuerrier

2019-2020 lineup

Gruden-McMichael-Kaliyev
Chenier(OA)-Foudy-Thomas
Stranges-Guskov-Evangelista
McCue-Moskal-Tymkin(OA)
McGurn

Harley-Regula
LeGuerrier-Merkley
Steklov-Skinner
Montgomery, (Keane or Winslow)

Myskiw(OA)
Brochu

2020-2021( if everyone came back)
Stranges-McMichael-Kaliyev
McCue-Guskov-Evangelista
McGurn-Moskal(OA)-X
X-X-X

Harley-Skinner
Steklov-Montgomery
Mailloux-(Keane or Winslow)

Brochu
Onuska

That would be great for a two year window...Are my prices low? Are the cards lining up?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Players who we could make available very easily: Dunkley ( low value, but a player who has scored in this league and will for sure come back as an OA), Nelson (low value OA), Panwar (Medium value, really just needs a shot and will develop into a solid forward in this league), Rolofs (High value, 1st rounder with potential to become a right shot power forward, needs more ice time), Keane (Medium Value, Hunters seem to like him so its unlikely they would let him go, but does have potential to be that puck moving offensive D), Winslow (Medium Value, Hunters probably wont trade him as they had to convince him to come), Roger (Medium Value and still growing into his size. He will be a good D in this league...I wouldnt want to trade him, but for the right piece everyone is available)

IF my assumption is correct and we have 5 cards I would want to see this type of thing

2-2nds, 1-3rd, 1-4th (conditional becomes a 2nd if he returns next year), Rolofs for Kaliyev
2-2nds 1-3rd, 2-4ths ( one conditional becomes a 2nd if he returns next year), Roger for Harley

2019-2020 lineup

Gruden-McMichael-Kaliyev
Chenier(OA)-Foudy-Thomas
McCue-Moskal-Tymkin(OA)
McGurn

Harley-Regula
LeGuerrier-Merkley
Steklov-Skinner

Myskiw(OA)
Brochu

McCue-Guskov-Evangelista
McGurn-Moskal(OA)-X
X-X-X

Harley-Skinner
Steklov-Montgomery

Brochu
Onuska

That would be great for a two year window...Are my prices low? Are the cards lining up?
Like your line up only thing id change is McGurn should not be extra he like McCue are little pit bulls always on the puck none stop

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
I'm all-in on the idea of Kaliyev we have lots of skill but we need another proven scorer who can score at any moment like McMichael to scare teams come playoff time.
You can scheme against one player and hope the rest of the team won't beat you. But having them on the same or alternating lines would strike fear in any defence/goaltender.

I'm all-in on the idea of Kaliyev we have lots of skill but we need another proven scorer who can score at any moment like McMichael to scare teams come playoff time.
You can scheme against one player and hope the rest of the team won't beat you. But having them on the same or alternating lines would strike fear in any defence/goaltender.
Definitely...Hamilton...who do you want that is draft eligible or younger and how many picks. I'm all in

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Kaliyev is goal a game type of player. If he can figure out how to play a bit defensively he will make it.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

2019-2020 lineup

Gruden-McMichael-Kaliyev
Chenier(OA)-Foudy-Thomas
McCue-Moskal-Tymkin(OA)
McGurn

Harley-Regula
LeGuerrier-Merkley
Steklov-Skinner

Myskiw(OA)
Brochu

McCue-Guskov-Evangelista
McGurn-Moskal(OA)-X
X-X-X

Harley-Skinner
Steklov-Montgomery

Brochu
Onuska

If all we are offering is 2 second rounders and a third in terms of picks, then expect to be outbid every single time. Teams won’t just hand us there good players, and there are team out there that refuse to trade with us and would rather see us overpay and hurt our own team.

For example, I’m not even starting the conversation with anyone for Kaliyev if he was my player unless it’s 3-4 second round picks and a young promising player.

To answer my own question, it’s got to be Harley. I think it would literally be Bouchard and Boqvist 2.0 from last year with Harley and Merkley. Having offense from the backend is super nice to have and Harley isn’t a liability. Kaliyev just has too much stuff to work on if I had to choose, but would love his scoring knack with McMichael.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If all we are offering is 2 second rounders and a third in terms of picks, then expect to be outbid every single time. Teams won’t just hand us there good players, and there are team out there that refuse to trade with us and would rather see us overpay and hurt our own team.

For example, I’m not even starting the conversation with anyone for Kaliyev if he was my player unless it’s 3-4 second round picks and a young promising player.

To answer my own question, it’s got to be Harley. I think it would literally be Bouchard and Boqvist 2.0 from last year with Harley and Merkley. Having offense from the backend is super nice to have and Harley isn’t a liability. Kaliyev just has too much stuff to work on if I had to choose, but would love his scoring knack with McMichael.
WOW I suppose thats the London tax included.

So its a package of 3-4 2nds and 2-3 3rds and Rolofs for Harley OR Kaliyev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad