London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
;)
Have you watched all the games?
Is this opinion just based on speculation or reading media releases?

I don't disagree that stats don't tell a full story but wondering about where the context you post comes from.
Seeing it? Hearing it? Making assumptions based on numbers and jr team affiliation?
All good just curious where your strong opinion comes from.

I have watched every game and some, have you??? Have you noticed how Hay's been utilizing Foudy the last four games and why, Foudy started the tourney between Noel Serron and Alexis Lafreniere and was doing really well producing until he was moved for a diferent role, and Raphael Lavoie was now centering that line

Sorry to disturb all that hockey nowledge once again my friend, would you like a contact call first before I write down another disappointing post ;)

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
;)

I have watched every game and some, have you??? Have you noticed how Hay's been utilizing Foudy the last four games and why, Foudy started the tourney between Noel Serron and Alexis Lafreniere and was doing really well producing until he was moved for a diferent role, and Raphael Lavoie was now centering that line

Sorry to disturb all that hockey nowledge once again my friend, would you like a contact call first before I write down another disappointing post ;)

No need to be sorry lol, but your post has corroborated everything I was thinking n posted. VS his peers the raw talents are inticing but....

This was a much longer post, but no need.

Last edited:

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Foudy was moved down because Akil Thomas arrived and took his spot on the top line.
Thomas was on the team last year. It’s a Team Canada thing.

Thomas ended up pooping his pants in the tourney with only and empty net goal however.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Fouty was moved down because Akil Thomas arrived and took his spot on the top line.
Thomas was on the team last year. It’s a Team Canada thing.

Thomas ended up pooping his pants in the tourney with only and empty net goal however.

You could be right, it does not change the fact Foudy was given a different role from around that time. We did see alot of Akil Thomas centering the Jack McBain and Alan McShane line though

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
An all time low ?

What is an all time high?

Is an all time high means someone with grammar errors in their posts has no values to this thread, and all posters whom are not in harmony with a certain few must mean it’s down valuing the value of this thread. Sorry we can’t all agree on the same things and we are not all fully grammar language educated like a certain few on this thread.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
An all time low ?

Is an all time high means someone with grammar errors in their posts has no values to this thread, and all posters whom are not in harmony with a certain few must mean it’s down valuing the value of this thread. Sorry we can’t all agree on the same things and we are not all fully grammar language educated like a certain few on this thread.

Bien dit mon ami! ;)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Top Ten 2018 NHL Draft Prospects *APRIL*
Includes Dahlin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Boquist and Tkachuk

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Lethbridge Hurricanes trade with Swift Current.
Gets huge haul and makes Big Impact in WHL Play-Offs.
Lethbridge vs Swift Current Tied 2-2 in Semi-Finals in WHL PO's.

ncZaVJYA_bigger.jpg
Mike Stubbs‏Verified account @stubbs980 15h15 hours ago

Mike Stubbs Retweeted Danny Stuckless
If you want to be even more impressed -
check out the trade between Lethbridge and Swift Current earlier this year.
https://bit.ly/2r5p6lz
https://twitter.com/dannystuckless/status/989893661461753856 …

Mike Stubbs added,

Danny Stuckless @DannyStuckless
@stubbs980 @WHLHurricanes @JCVH60 @GoLondonKnights
I don’t follow the WHL a whole lot but how about that Lethbridge team!!
A 500 record and in their Eastern Conference Final!
Wow!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Here's hoping some of our posters here take the summer as an opportunity to train and get better much like our young players are right now. The quality of posters and input on this board hit an all time low last season. Do your homework, learn to spell, follow due diligence.

I won't hold my breath

Agreed. This board was painful to read quite often this year.

Trolls were out in full force as well.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
An all time low ?

Now ask yourself why you took my sweeping comment personally.

The information posted here this past season was below par. I'm not the only one that feels this way or has noticed the diminished quality of posts/posters here. I'd like to see the board regain it's luster. It's not a Knights based comment...the entire OHL board lacked quality. So like I said...ask yourself why my comment struck a nerve in you. If I offended you by the comment..don't expect an apology. It was a general comment not a personal attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach
Agreed. This board was painful to read quite often this year.

Trolls were out in full force as well.
Exactly my point...and a lot of times the trolls/misinformed wore Knights jerseys

sorry if anyone is grated by my comment.....I just think it's been very lax(mod wise)...and polluted this past season

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Bob McKenzie...........The Top 15 2018 NHL Draft
Below are 1-6.

rasmus-dahlin.jpg

1. Rasmus Dahlin
Defence | Frolunda (SHL) | 6'2 | 181 lbs. | Apr. 13, 2000

andrei-svechnikov.jpg

2. Andrei Svechnikov
Right Wing | Barrie (OHL) | 6'2 | 188 lbs. | Mar. 26, 2000

filip-zadina.jpg

3. Filip Zadina
Right Wing | Halifax (QMJHL) | 6'0 | 195 lbs. | Nov. 27, 1999

brady-tkachuk.jpg

4. Brady Tkachuk
Left Wing | Boston U (NCAA) | 6'3 | 196 lbs. | Sept. 16, 1999

evan-bouchard.JPG

5. Evan Bouchard
Defence | London (OHL) | 6'2 | 193 lbs. | Oct. 20, 1999

adam-boqvist.jpg

6. Adam Boqvist
Defence | Byrnas (SWE-J20) | 5'11 | 168 lbs. | Aug. 15, 2000

https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-solidify-spots-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.1066345

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
OHL Cup.............Starts May 3rd, Thursday
London Knights:
(The ones I could recognize)
#14 Sean McGurn............Team HNO Maroon
#18 Sahil Panwar.............Team HNO Yellow
#6 Ben Roger....................OMHA White
#9 Luke Evangelista......OMHA White

Mark Edwards Retweeted
OHL Gold Cup‏ @OHLGoldCup Apr 26

One week out from the 2018 OHL Gold Cup!
1f3d2.png

#OHLGC
Full schedule:

http://ow.ly/IYcc30jHDC2 pic.twitter.com/MY1O9S9tbA
Dbvw18RV0AEo3ok.jpg

London Knights (7):
Dario Beljo (NOHA)
Luke Evangelista (OMHA White)*
Vincent Labelle (HEO)
Brendan Mairs (ALLIANCE)
Sean McGurn (HEO)
Sahil Panwar (HNO)**
Ben Roger (OMHA White)

Rosters Revealed for 2018 OHL Gold Cup – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Now ask yourself why you took my sweeping comment personally.

The information posted here this past season was below par. I'm not the only one that feels this way or has noticed the diminished quality of posts/posters here. I'd like to see the board regain it's luster. It's not a Knights based comment...the entire OHL board lacked quality. So like I said...ask yourself why my comment struck a nerve in you. If I offended you by the comment..don't expect an apology. It was a general comment not a personal attack.

I am fully aware of my making spelling and grammar mistakes and lots of them, that's why I took it personally. Tell me, should I shut the h...l up and stop posting, what does missspells has to do with hockey itself or the value of this board.

I thank you for pointing them out to me, it does help me now with correction of my spelling errors and will continue to do so, but I too surelly not about to apologize for them as I continue to carry on posting my views on hockey. Knights' players don't go around apologizing to their fans for every errors commited on the ice, they too are trying to correct them as they carry on with their playing

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Delete... not worth the effort

I hope you will reconsider to bring that effort back Otto. Good or bad all clean views should always have a place on this board with respects.
If we could stick to hockey alone on this boad it would solve 60% of our problems, we are on each other's back probably because we Knight's fans are not used to long off seasons.

I am fully aware of my making spelling and grammar mistakes and lots of them, that's why I took it personally. Tell me, should I shut the h...l up and stop posting, what does missspells has to do with hockey itself or the value of this board.

I thank you for pointing them out to me, it does help me now with correction of my spelling errors and will continue to do so, but I too surelly not about to apologize for them as I continue to carry on posting my views on hockey. Knights' players don't go around apologizing to their fans for every errors commited on the ice, they too are trying to correct them as they carry on with their playing
If I was directing at comment at you or anyone else..I wouldn't make a sweeping comment. I think anyone who knows me well enough knows I skirt no issue. I just feel this forum as a whole has been of poor quality the past year or more. Unfortunate, because I feel there are many quality posters being driven away from this forum because of it.

Anyway...carry on..I've said my piece

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Having withdrawal symptoms . The rookie scrimmage helped for a bit. I look forward to next season and think the Knights are going to have a tough job trying to fit returning players and the 2017 and 2018 kids into the lineup without sending a few packing. As much as I like Tymkin's grit and presence in front of the net he takes far too many bone head penalties to keep moving forward. I know it is too soon to speculate but depending on who drafts Bouchard I still believe even in a watered down NHL he comes back. I think Alex does as well even as bad as Ottawa sucks they don't have cap issues and Brown probably gets a look ahead of an OHL player who can play in the OHL. Bangs, Whittaker and Pierce + the 4 kids they just signed means they have to find room for 5 bodies because they might only lose two Rollo and Collins. Add 2 imports and a couple OA's it will mean a lot of bodies heading out the door. With the possibility of 5 3rd round picks to go with our 1st and Oshawa's 2nd they are going to have a huge influx of new talent next year. I would venture to guess Winslow and Dowiak could be in the mix as well as Truscott if he chooses to play in the OHL. In 2020 they have 4 2nd round picks. The future looks very bright and depending on how well these kids develop. I predict McMichael and Rowe to have big years this season. Hope I am not on Phlyer's list.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The thing about Tymkin is that he brings a physical game that this team pretty much doesn't have at all. He can chip in offense too.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Having withdrawal symptoms . The rookie scrimmage helped for a bit. I look forward to next season and think the Knights are going to have a tough job trying to fit returning players and the 2017 and 2018 kids into the lineup without sending a few packing. As much as I like Tymkin's grit and presence in front of the net he takes far too many bone head penalties to keep moving forward. I know it is too soon to speculate but depending on who drafts Bouchard I still believe even in a watered down NHL he comes back. I think Alex does as well even as bad as Ottawa sucks they don't have cap issues and Brown probably gets a look ahead of an OHL player who can play in the OHL. Bangs, Whittaker and Pierce + the 4 kids they just signed means they have to find room for 5 bodies because they might only lose two Rollo and Collins. Add 2 imports and a couple OA's it will mean a lot of bodies heading out the door. With the possibility of 5 3rd round picks to go with our 1st and Oshawa's 2nd they are going to have a huge influx of new talent next year. I would venture to guess Winslow and Dowiak could be in the mix as well as Truscott if he chooses to play in the OHL. In 2020 they have 4 2nd round picks. The future looks very bright and depending on how well these kids develop. I predict McMichael and Rowe to have big years this season. Hope I am not on Phlyer's list.

Great post superdee, I agree with your every words in that post. Many reternees will be traded likely for future picks, if not for dirt cheap just to ensure a place in the O’s for them to play. The Knights are in an excellent position to be high on the contentions list for the 2 or 3 years and possibly more with the loads of picks in their cupboards.

I really like the way Popov was playing near the end of the season along with McMichael, this team will be loaded with all kind of talents this year.

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad