London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
looked to me as though our defence sucked not our goaltending - thought we had the best defencive core in the league - not tonight

Reactions: LDN

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Always the same, they have 6 players on the ice (incl, goalie) they lose a game and it's automatically only the goalie's fault.
Yes, but at some point you have to rely on your goalie to make the big save to keep you in the game. Didn’t get that tonight from Kooy. He almost blew the Rangers game as well.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Not to sound like a broken record but there was no TEAM defense. Saginaw had 49 shots on goal. If they were playing the dump and chase and pressure forecheck game, it would have been a different outcome. Stop throwing Kooy under the bus.
I’ve thrown Kooy under the bus the whole season. Why stop now?

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
I just got back from the game and am surprised to read some here.

Kooy is the ONLY reason Saginaw didn't score 12 goals. The defense was brutal tonight. How many times can an opponent curl out of the corner, untouched and get to the net for a goal or quality chance? Are you kidding me? What game did people watch where they would try to pin this on Kooy? London was brutal in their coverage tonight. Kooy made a number of saves that will be highlights of the week for the OHL.

What happened tonight, which was easier to see live with the wider perspective, was how Saginaw totally shredded the man-to-man defense scheme when it was being run by totally gassed players. Regula CANNOT play 25-30 minutes a game. I'm sorry. You know your 1 D down, you're playing PP minutes - skating harder as a forward - and taking your regular shift plus. Then you go and try to rush the puck up ice yourself?? His challenge is he still needs to learn when to pick his moments. He was logging a ton of minutes and STILL insists on rushing the puck up ice himself, turning the puck over, then coming back late as usual. Late in the 3rd period, I saw him throw some lazy careless passes that you see come from a player that is exhausted.

And while I was thrilled to see 11-17-70 playing together, I was NOT excited to see them play for 2-minutes shifts. That line ended up with -2, -3's. They were gassed after that first goal, and instead of coming off, they went back to center ice … and ended up giving up another goal.

I don't understand why this ice time is left up to the players to manage. Shift lengths cannot be left up to the players. I wondered - since Tymkin is gone, are players competing to take his place as the Player Most Likely to Avoid Coming Off.

The only exception was at the end of the game where Dale left the kids out there for the last 3 minutes. At least that was his decision, not them. But heck, why not - the Kid Line was the best line tonight.

With that said, Foudy continues to play well both ways. Hancock had a solid game. And freaking Tippett can shoot the puck!!

As for Lochead, I sat in behind the LK bench and saw it clear as day. Prosvetov skated directly into the LK group, flapping his jaw at them. He went right at Will and swung the stick. Now, I would like to think that if I was Lochead and a goalie swung that axe and connected with my middle seam, that maybe I would be able to control my temper. But I doubt it. IMO, Prosvetov would have been tossed too if the Ref saw it.

Last edited:

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
If they play against the sault like they did tonight. It be another stinker. Its like this team cannot get themselves up for road games. Playoffs will be a early exit if their road play continues at this pace... kooy is an unproven goalkeeper. Ride razor. Whys kooy playing saginaw, he should be in net for the spitsts, sting, flint.. i dont get Bouchard, looks like hes playing pond hockey going 50% in his play. Kid lost interest ever since the draft. He will end up in the farm system next yr, kid wont have a shot playing in the nhl if he plays the way he is now.. between his giveaways,, sloppy play and the look on his face every game like hes half asleep, keep his rear end on the pine. Who cares about the letter on his jersey , coaches should send a strong message. Dont care who you are or how good you were. If your not giving 100 percent every shift . Your butt will sit on the bench. Bouch and the team need a wake up call.

Reactions: Fastpace

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
If they play against the sault like they did tonight. It be another stinker. Its like this team cannot get themselves up for road games. Playoffs will be a early exit if their road play continues at this pace... kooy is an unproven goalkeeper. Ride razor. Whys kooy playing saginaw, he should be in net for the spitsts, sting, flint.. i dont get Bouchard, looks like hes playing pond hockey going 50% in his play. Kid lost interest ever since the draft. He will end up in the farm system next yr, kid wont have a shot playing in the nhl if he plays the way he is now.. between his giveaways,, sloppy play and the look on his face every game like hes half asleep, keep his rear end on the pine. Who cares about the letter on his jersey , coaches should send a strong message. Dont care who you are or how good you were. If your not giving 100 percent every shift . Your butt will sit on the bench. Bouch and the team need a wake up call.

They play the Soo tomorrow at 2. Of course they play Kooy tonight. It’s either that or start Raay tonight and Kooy tomorrow.
Saginaw is a good team. The Knights will lose games this season, let’s hope it’s against the good teams.

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
Yes, but at some point you have to rely on your goalie to make the big save to keep you in the game. Didn’t get that tonight from Kooy. He almost blew the Rangers game as well.

OMG...we lost a game! Get over it! It will happen again before all is said and done!

Can we expect this same response next time Raay gets a loss??

Pretty pathetic...you either support this TEAM or you don’t. I can guarantee that there isn’t a single player or coach who shares your attitude. It’s a team game and Kooy didn’t loose this game alone!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Kooy. got 49 shots on him he let 6 by him, what happened to the 43 others shots have they all disappeared ? And how many more shots would it take to keep his team in the game for him to get recognition?

On average most top players will play approximately 20mi. in a game, how many mistakes they make for that time on the ice ?

How many mistakes would a player make if he was on the ice for the full 60 minute game like a goalie do each game?

Reactions: zman77

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
As for Lochead, I sat in behind the LK bench and saw it clear as day. Prosvetov skated directly into the LK group, flapping his jaw at them. He went right at Will and swung the stick. Now, I would like to think that if I was Lochead and a goalie swung that axe and connected with my middle seam, that maybe I would be able to control my temper. But I doubt it. IMO, Prosvetov would have been tossed too if the Ref saw it.

I mean to be fair both guys were given 2 for slashing so they were equally penalized for the stickwork. Not like the ref didnt see it or call it one sided. The altercation was right during the in house Veteran of the game presentation so I didnt see what happened till they were both on the ice. Didnt seem to me like Lochead got the game for the slash, but for the unspecified unsportsmanlike conduct which means more than likely said something out of bounds to Prosvetov or the ref. Hopefully with it being a import goalie he didnt bust out any slang that's gonna get him any more missed time.

Ps as a Saginaw fan not sure how anyone is hating on your goalie. Guy robbed Perfetti on a dead to rights goal early and played his butt off when he wasnt left out to dry. Also, no way any goalie was stopping that first Tippett goal and that penalty shot was an admittedly weak call (probably a slight makeup for the 5 on 3 late in the 3rd)

Does Locheed get a suspension for the spear .
Not once the Knights send the tape in. Provie should have been tossed too

Exactly how I saw it...full on blade to the junk. I would have snapped too

Last edited:

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
At the game last night also and Kooy made many big saves. The big let down for the Knights was on Saginaw's 3rd goal. Down 2-1 with 28 seconds left, your 2 defensemen played patty cake behind the net with the puck and then coughed it up. With the time remaining, the puck needed to get safely out of the zone. Goals that late in a period kill.

Tell you what, your team has some great skaters who can flat out fly.

At the game last night also and Kooy made many big saves. The big let down for the Knights was on Saginaw's 3rd goal. Down 2-1 with 28 seconds left, your 2 defensemen played patty cake behind the net with the puck and then coughed it up. With the time remaining, the puck needed to get safely out of the zone. Goals that late in a period kill.

Tell you what, your team has some great skaters who can flat out fly.
and to take a page out of a Niagara Ice Dog fan's excuse book..."we were missing 2 of our best players"

Last edited:

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Agree to disagree, but if I’m Hunter I ride Razor the rest of the way. I do not trust Kooy. Hasn’t shown me he can single handedly win a game for us like Razor has.

Are we to take you literally here? Twelve games in the next three weeks and Razor plays them all? We have a very good pair of goalies, I view that as a strength going forward.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I was at the game and Kooy was top shelf. For all the Kooy haters on this board who don’t know their a$$ from a whole in the ground please shut the $$$k up because you are embarrassing yourselves for you nearsighted crappy observations. Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder could have seen the stupid giveaway after giveaway that hung the Jordan out to dry. Regarding Lochead Ivan instigated it and should have got a match penalty and be suspended. Whoever said Lochead was stupid stop by section 108 Friday and I will whack you in the nuts and check out your reaction!

I was at the game and Kooy was top shelf. For all the Kooy haters on this board who don’t know their a$$ from a whole in the ground please shut the $$$k up because you are embarrassing yourselves for you nearsighted crappy observations. Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder could have seen the stupid giveaway after giveaway that hung the Jordan out to dry. Regarding Lochead Ivan instigated it and should have got a match penalty and be suspended. Whoever said Lochead was stupid stop by section 108 Friday and I will whack you in the nuts and check out your reaction!
I counted at least 10 off the charts saves by Kooy that I don't think another goaltender makes. The diving glove save to me is save of the year for the Knights this season. Kid kept us in it when it seemed like the rest of the team wasn't even in the rink.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Regarding your threat to me I don't retract my statement it was still a dumbass move. What good came of it?
To say the Spirit goalie initiated the altercation would also have to assume you have similar eyesight to Stevie Wonder... Lochead bumped into Ivan first... then the first spear, then the second spear... I'm sure words were exchanged at the time of the bump... do you know what was said?

Fun fact.. and to stay on topic.. Stevie Wonder is from Saginaw

Last edited:
Reactions: bcspragu

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We saw exactly what a team of 20 minds at once all wanting to win from start to finish. Saginaw were ready to play last night right from the start, they stole the Knights playbook , they played like the Knights normally plays. I am not saying the Knights didn’t play well after all they did sent 58 shots on net but most of them in the final period. They didn’t play the first two periods like the third, unfortunately it was too late against the twenty others minds wanting to beat them right from the start of the game. London put their minds together too late into the game.

Motivation as well as playing with emotions is so important in junior hockey, not so much in the Pros but it’s essential in teenage hockey. IMHO

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
To change the subject slightly, will Lochead be elegible to play in today's game vs the Hounds ? Does his game misconduct trigger an automatic suspension ? If he's scratched and the Knights are forced to go with 5 d-men, will Regula still get added PP time ? Being down 1 d-man it might be prudent to use a 5-man defensive rotation, and a more normal Power Play. Just my opinion, but the situation in Saginaw led to the d corps getting worn down, and against the Sault, they'll need all the energy level they can bring.

Reactions: Fastpace

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
To change the subject slightly, will Lochead be elegible to play in today's game vs the Hounds ? Does his game misconduct trigger an automatic suspension ? If he's scratched and the Knights are forced to go with 5 d-men, will Regula still get added PP time ? Being down 1 d-man it might be prudent to use a 5-man defensive rotation, and a more normal Power Play. Just my opinion, but the situation in Saginaw led to the d corps getting worn down, and against the Sault, they'll need all the energy level they can bring.
Hence why Locheads move was dumb... think about the team first

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I don’t believe Lochead will not miss any other game. He only got a game misconduct , no major penalty no double game misconduct and no Gross misconduct, the penalty was only for the remaining of that one game he was in. I could be wrong, someone can correct me but I do believe Lochead will be dressed for today’s game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad