London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Flint 6 Soo 4 Final.. North Bay 5 Guelph 2... Are they really that tough??? Oh yeah, Hamilton 5 Niagara 4 for Niagara's third loss in a row.

Weird question. Didn't you lose to North Bay Friday, SSM Saturday? Hockey's a weird game where weird things happen. The best get beat by the worst but beat everyone else in between. Can't wait to see Hayton and Frost dress for our next game.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Weird question. Didn't you lose to North Bay Friday, SSM Saturday? Hockey's a weird game where weird things happen. The best get beat by the worst but beat everyone else in between. Can't wait to see Hayton and Frost dress for our next game.

No we havent played North Bay this year yet but Flint has beaten Soo twice this year so far so Flint must have their number but the good thing is that Flint wont make the playoffs so they dont have to worry about them.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Who are you referring to?
London beat Niagara on Thursday and lost to the Soo Friday if you’re talking about London.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Still missing Samorukov (top D), who was with Russia; Hanley, Hillis and Gogolev (2 top 6 forwards.)
It's going to take time for Guelph to get healthy and gel.

Are you using the players missing excuse ?
- Because I counted 19 OHL caliber players on both side of the scoresheet, and if the Storms are planning to go for it, and I think they should by the way, where's their depth since the players dressed today can not do the job without some missing players ? I don't mean to be harsh here I just don't believe in 2 or 3 players missing excuses as I don't view them as the sole representatives of a whole team, I will however grant you a period od adjustment for new players.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I liked him more than Boqvist.
He is way better defensively.

I liked the kid too and raised the thought of trading Boqvist but was quickly shut down, understandably mind you, but would have been happy with Kolyachonok on this year Knights roster just the same

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Are you using the players missing excuse ?
- Because I counted 19 OHL caliber players on both side of the scoresheet, and if the Storms are planning to go for it, and I think they should by the way, where's their depth since the players dressed today can not do the job without some missing players ? I don't mean to be harsh here I just don't believe in 2 or 3 players missing excuses as I don't view them as the sole representatives of a whole team, I will however grant you a period od adjustment for new players.

No excuses, just responding to a post that only pointed to the score. Guelph had 5 players out (Didn't count Stevenson because he is depth) and 3 who probably hadn't even practiced with the team. Full credit to NB though, they played their system and Propp was hot. If it highlighted anything for Guelph it's that Poppy had a stinker of a game. I'm just happy that they managed 17 skaters today.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
No we havent played North Bay this year yet but Flint has beaten Soo twice this year so far so Flint must have their number but the good thing is that Flint wont make the playoffs so they dont have to worry about them.

Woops yes sorry I thought you guys had played and lost to NB recently. Carry on! lol

Reactions: Knights2729

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Everybody liked Koly but frankly his days were numbered when the Windy City sent Adam back . Some people on this board don’t have a frigging clue and know diddly squat about hockey by some of their posts. Seriously? Mark had to cover all the bases in case we never got Boqvist or Bouchard . If that meant burning cards it had to be done. Hancock and Keane were awesome pickups and come hell or high water this TEAM is going to be tough moving forward. They DID not have to throw their future away just to be competitive. Look at the success of this franchise since Dale,Mark and Basil bought it and some people sitting in their mother’s basement in their underwear are doubting them Ffs. What a crock of s*** that is. In case you haven’t noticed Keane Sr. Is very good and if Mark was targeting Hancock he needed to get Keane.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Everybody liked Koly but frankly his days were numbered when the Windy City sent Adam back . Some people on this board don’t have a frigging clue and know diddly squat about hockey by some of their posts. Seriously? Mark had to cover all the bases in case we never got Boqvist or Bouchard . If that meant burning cards it had to be done. Hancock and Keane were awesome pickups and come hell or high water this TEAM is going to be tough moving forward. They DID not have to throw their future away just to be competitive. Look at the success of this franchise since Dale,Mark and Basil bought it and some people sitting in their mother’s basement in their underwear are doubting them Ffs. What a crock of s*** that is. In case you haven’t noticed Keane Sr. Is very good and if Mark was targeting Hancock he needed to get Keane.

Hey ! another one with a clue, this board is starting to have a full team of them. Yes I am one who does not have a frigging clue as you say, so I will be very happy to steal one from you, I need to educate myself about the diddly squat your are talking about. Come next year this very board will have the name Kolyachonok written all over this board wishing the Knights had kept him. You're right their hands were pretty much tied and they had to release him with the arrival of Boqvist a proven under 10 NHL draftee with a baggage of up skills to go with him. But to lowering someone for recognizing the skill level of an other player and wishing he'd had stayed I think is bit much myself even if you had a whole baggage full of clues.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Hey ! another one with a clue, this board is starting to have a full team of them. Yes I am one who does not have a frigging clue as you say, so I will be very happy to steal one from you, I need to educate myself about the diddly squat your are talking about. Come next year this very board will have the name Kolyachonok written all over this board wishing the Knights had kept him. You're right their hands were pretty much tied and they had to release him with the arrival of Boqvist a proven under 10 NHL draftee with a baggage of up skills to go with him. But to lowering someone for recognizing the skill level of an other player and wishing he'd had stayed I think is bit much myself even if you had a whole baggage full of clues.
I wasn’ t targeting you or that Koly situation as much as the fact that everybody that doubts Mark and Rob and thinks we should have sent Evangelista and Perrot and 5-6 2nd and 4 thirds for Suzuki and Phillips and not get Keane and keep Timms have serious flaws in their thinking. It was the same ones who daily bashed Timms. Unfortunately the deal with Chicago was already in place and we ended up with 3 awesome imports instead of zero like last year. Sadly Koly knew the deal as well as anybody and the Knights were up front with him and gave him an opportunity to show his wares.You are right in saying that it is going to be hard to watch him next year knowing he could have been a Knight and that said I think Mark’s hand was dealt and that was the only way he could play it without pissing off Chicago. Adam Boqvist is getting better every shift as is Gusty so it is what it is. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I wasn’ t targeting you or that Koly situation as much as the fact that everybody that doubts Mark and Rob and thinks we should have sent Evangelista and Perrot and 5-6 2nd and 4 thirds for Suzuki and Phillips and not get Keane and keep Timms have serious flaws in their thinking. It was the same ones who daily bashed Timms. Unfortunately the deal with Chicago was already in place and we ended up with 3 awesome imports instead of zero like last year. Sadly Koly knew the deal as well as anybody and the Knights were up front with him and gave him an opportunity to show his wares.You are right in saying that it is going to be hard to watch him next year knowing he could have been a Knight and that said I think Mark’s hand was dealt and that was the only way he could play it without pissing off Chicago. Adam Boqvist is getting better every shift as is Gusty so it is what it is. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I know you weren't directly targeting me, but I was, actually I was trying to make a point that this was a board of opinions and all good or bad posts should be read without personally attacking it's writer's hockey smarts. There are many other ways to bring your hockey knowledge and views across without demeaning a fan sharing his/her thoughts with other fellow hockey fans, sarcasticism can be use if it's done in a good taste or in fun humor. Boy oh boy do I have faith in the Hunters system ever since Mark brought in Drew Larman, I could not figuring out a positive reasoning at the time and was actually angree at Mark. As it would turn out Drew soon made me forget my anger as he was plaisantly demonstrating his defensive ability as a centerman for the Knights, fans were starting to see what would turned out to be our real first glance at what the Hunter hockey system was going be like from then on.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Maybe the OHL have accidently not registered one card, and another trade is possible!

Are you talking about today's recent draft picks trade with Oshawa

Lon 2 2019. to Osh. for Ham 2 2020 and Osh 4 2021

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

Please everyone load up! This is gonna make for an amazing playoffs. Imagine the semifinals of LDN vs Guelph and SSM vs SAG. Pretty awesome!

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad