London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What would I do if I were the London Knights and I have three cards left? OK you asked, so here goes:

I go hard after Sudbury's UPL. I trade Guskov the other way in the deal. This could be close to a one for one trade.

Then I move Raaymakers out (maybe as part of the Sudbury deal) which leaves me an overage spot available to be filled by one of the high-end OA's in the league. I throw a package together that Butler can't refuse for Brazeau. Kooy becomes the backup and the go to guy next year.

Then in the off-season, you dip into the import draft twice because you still have Boqvist protected as an NHL first round pick.

And you still have one card left open.

If the others teams would agree, that wouldnt have been a bad plan. Well thought out.

Oh well just gonna have to play with what we got.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Well dream on because we don’t have 3 picks. 1) UPL won’t be traded, 2) Butler won’t trade Brazeau for anything less then Popov and 5-6 picks. I like what Mark pulled of with Keane and Hancock keeping picks and our core group moving forward.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I like your post in general but this question of what would the knights do with 3 open cards , I thought I'd try to answer it. - How about taking three big name players away from your competition and for good measure having them put on Knights uniforms..

That could mess with chemistry it still reminds to be seen how other teams additions fall into place. How they react to not being the only star on the team. Majority of knights roster has been together for a year and they know their roles. No matter how big of a superstar you are if you cant learn your role you're not much use to the team

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Adding too many pieces can have an adverse effect see 2017 knights...

Sit back and enjoy the ride. Sault was top dogs last year and how did their season end?

That wasn't a case of adding too many pieces.....just the wrong pieces.

A GMs job is to maximize his team's chances of winning and I just feel we could've done a better job. Not only did we need mess up on cards, but we brought in yet another defenseman when what we really needed were a couple of gifted forwards.

Reactions: count35

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That could mess with chemistry it still reminds to be seen how other teams additions fall into place. How they react to not being the only star on the team. Majority of knights roster has been together for a year and they know their roles. No matter how big of a superstar you are if you cant learn your role you're not much use to the team
Agree, and that's probably why the Knights went after overage Kevin Hancock over MacKenzie Entwistle by having team chemistry in mind. And also why they got Jacob Graves in 2016 instead of Stephen Desrocher or bringing Miles Liberati back to London, it turned out the best all around move they could have done for the team

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Here's how I'd line them up

Formenton/Hancock/Foudy
Guskov/McMichael/Dunkley
Tymkin/Moskal/Cotter
Stranges/Turko/Nelson

Just roll 'em

Putting Hancock between Foudy and Formenton is a smart move, it will force both wingers to move the puck around more and have a whole lot less individualistic plays that kept dying at the end of their sticks.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Here's how I'd line them up

Formenton/Hancock/Foudy
Guskov/McMichael/Dunkley
Tymkin/Moskal/Cotter
Stranges/Turko/Nelson

Just roll 'em

Still looks fairly solid. I just would've liked to see a Brazeau in for Turko. Yes, Turko is a hard worker and good defensively, but he offers pretty much nothing offensively. That would also allow Cotter to return to center and drop Foudy down a notch or two.

Still looks fairly solid. I just would've like to see a Brazeau in for Turko. Yes, Turko is a hard worker and good defensively, but he offers pretty much nothing offensively. That would also allow Cotter to return to center and drop Foudy down a notch or two.
When you look at our roster...we actually have 8 "natural" centers that dress every game and have taken over 100 draws this season

Hancock
McMichael
Dunkley
Cotter
Moskal
Turko
Nelson
Foudy

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
When you look at our roster...we actually have 8 "natural" centers that dress every game and have taken over 100 draws this season

Hancock
McMichael
Dunkley
Cotter
Moskal
Turko
Nelson
Foudy

Which isn't a bad strategy, but it would've been nice to have one natural right-winger....other than Tymkin, that is. ;)

Reactions: Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Hancock
McMichael
Dunkley
Cotter
Moskal
Turko
Nelson
Foudy
Almost all of them are good a faceoffs...

Reactions: Fastpace

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Still looks fairly solid. I just would've liked to see a Brazeau in for Turko. Yes, Turko is a hard worker and good defensively, but he offers pretty much nothing offensively. That would also allow Cotter to return to center and drop Foudy down a notch or two.

At the expense of who? Brazeau would give us 4 OA’s.

I’m not bothered by the one pickup. I just would have preferred Suzuki to Hancock. More expensive, but more of a need as well. A RH RW/C.
The Knights have a ton of LH C’s.
Mark said he wanted character tho, and by Gawd it seems he went out and got the one of the biggest character guys of them all.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Loving the panic... its 2016 all over again

This is not the 2016 team though. The Knights really needed one thing, a RH defensive defenceman. And they filled that perfectly with Graves. Hancock is a great pickup, but it wasn’t a need IMO. The Knights have an over abundance of assets still as it is.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
At the expense of who? Brazeau would give us 4 OA’s.

I’m not bothered by the one pickup. I just would have preferred Suzuki to Hancock. More expensive, but more of a need as well. A RH RW/C.
The Knights have a ton of LH C’s.
Mark said he wanted character tho, and by Gawd it seems he went out and got the one of the biggest character guys of them all.

....at the expense of Timms (instead of getting Keane).

I like Keane, I just think we needed a big skilled right-winger more than another defenseman.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

I like Keane, I just think we needed a big skilled right-winger more than another defenseman.

Agreed 100%
But that still would give them 4.
Brazeau instead of Hancock?

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
other than which hand a player shoots there isn't really a designate for "natural" on the wings. It isn't a right or left thing anymore

Yes, I was just being a little facetious....what I really meant was a right-handed shot with size and offensive talent.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Agreed 100%
But that still would give them 4.
Brazeau instead of Hancock?

Yup....I really like Hancock too....but I don't think this team was really lacking in character....we were lacking in offensive creativity.

If it came down to overagers....I'd rather have Brazeau, but Hancock is good too. I probably would've tried to get Brazeau and another (non-OA) forward....or just two non-OA forwards with size & skill.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Hancock
McMichael
Dunkley
Cotter
Moskal
Turko
Nelson
Foudy

Dunkley is listed as LW but they do also have Guskov and Panwar listed as centermen as well though.
That is actually awesome, never realized it until I checked your list, this mean any time a center gets kicked off the dot another center moves in for the draw, maximizing their chances to take control of the puck every time. I like it

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
This is not the 2016 team though. The Knights really needed one thing, a RH defensive defenceman. And they filled that perfectly with Graves. Hancock is a great pickup, but it wasn’t a need IMO. The Knights have an over abundance of assets still as it is.

Double G:
The Knights have had him for 1.5 years.
His name is Alec Regula............6'4" 200 lbs.............shoots right................+23

Reactions: jamemcca

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

One thing that we have noticed, my friend, is we are seeing a much better play out of Golden since Timms departure and the arrival of Keane sr. That's probably what the Knights were envisaging when they made the move since trading Golden was not an option and having him playing with Timms was a disaster itself, this was their next best thing to do in finding someone that would make other players better around him. Keane fits this role perfectly

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

I think you need to go back and review the posts from that year post deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad