London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I love when lastpace talks about the zoo love reading what he says

Sorry soo hound girl, I didn't mean to get you upset, but your hounds needs to get themselves a little more organized in the team system department to claim a place on my list of favorites. I must however say they may have enough talent it's in the team structured system that is lacking to win in a high end short series (semi or finals) and yet they do well for the good part of long seasons. Tell me if I am wrong, you find your team changing their style doing things they were not doing before new players arrives and it carrie into the playoffs. Soo beat London twice this season I know and to most pairs of eyes they are seeing the winning team as the better team. What is hidden in a team system is what most are not seeing, it's very hard for a new coach or GM to break an old team habit instill inn for a few years now but it's very possible. Better hope for your team sake that I am wrong and hope your favorite team do well and if they do I trust you will join your team cup victory celebration, and I of course will continue to cheer for the team at the other end of the ice hoping for our own celebration.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Wings fan popping in. How has Regula looked this year? His stats are much improved from last year, but I’m interested to hear how he has looked from those of you who watch the Knights consistently.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Sorry soo hound girl, I didn't mean to get you upset, but your hounds needs to get themselves a little more organized in the team system department to claim a place on my list of favorites. I must however say they may have enough talent it's in the team structured system that is lacking to win in a high end short series (semi or finals) and yet they do well for the good part of long seasons. Tell me if I am wrong, you find your team changing their style doing things they were not doing before new players arrives and it carrie into the playoffs. Soo beat London twice this season I know and to most pairs of eyes they are seeing the winning team as the better team. What is hidden in a team system is what most are not seeing, it's very hard for a new coach or GM to break an old team habit instill inn for a few years now but it's very possible. Better hope for your team sake that I am wrong and hope your favorite team do well and if they do I trust you will join your team cup victory celebration, and I of course will continue to cheer for the team at the other end of the ice hoping for our own celebration.
You are making a strong case for me to root for the Soo

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Wings fan popping in. How has Regula looked this year? His stats are much improved from last year, but I’m interested to hear how he has looked from those of you who watch the Knights consistently.

Compared to last year, he's added a lot more confidence with the puck and is now willing to rush the puck up the ice or walk the line in the offensive zone.

Regula has NHL upside and is comparable, perhaps, to Esa Lindell.

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I wish we could make another trade....is it absolutely certain that we have no more cards left?....so many good players are moving...

ya ya LDN..........No more Cards.
Gotta like this team with character players like Lochead, Cotter, Keane and Hancock.
Not including Bouchard and Boqvist coming this week as well as Formenton in a few weeks.
Team chemistry is primary with championship teams. Rob Simpson mentioned
the 3 'stars' that came in 2016-17 but they weren't a good fit for a successful play-off run.
Ryan Pyette:
Explains that all 30 Players Cards have been used by the Knights.
Soo Greyhounds 5, London Knights 4 (OT)

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
He’s not one of the top D in the league by any stretch

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I wish we could make another trade....is it absolutely certain that we have no more cards left?....so many good players are moving...

Somehow I think there is something else brewing, it just don't feel they are done yet. Could be because we waited in the past right up to the last hour before Mark would come out with an announcement, maybe this is where I get this feeling from.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

The more you post the clearer it becomes for everyone.

You have no clue.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
No I am not upset with you I just wanted you to see I called you lastpace because you always call the Soo the Zoo just playing is all I really like coming on London’s board to see what you guys are thinking is all but I find it hard to keep up with you guys because there is a new post every other minute it seems

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alec Regula has been a dominant player for the London Knights all season long.
34 Gms 4 Goals 16 Assists = 20 Pts +23 all while not playing the Power Play.
He's an excellent skater at 6' 4" 200lbs.
Scouts knows he's NHL bound.

“Easily one of my favourite prospects available from the OHL. Perfect pick for the second or third round and a guy with a ton of upside at both ends. Six-foot-four and 190-pound defenders with mobility don’t grow on trees. Played a ton for London this year, especially as a D-partner to fellow top prospect Evan Bouchard. Had 13 points in the final 17 games of the regular season. It’s all about projection. Regula is raw. He’s coming off his first season in the OHL. He has some maturing to do physically. He needs to play with more intensity, more consistently in the defensive end. He needs to pick his spots better to jump into the rush and can be turnover prone with the puck. But, for every questionable play he makes, he makes two great ones that make you see the potential that he possesses. Confidence really grew as the season went on and I’m extremely intrigued by his pro potential. Is he Brian Lashoff, or is he Colton Parayko?” –
By: Brock Otten/OHL Prospects Spring, 2018

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The more you post the clearer it becomes for everyone.

You have no clue.

I know! I am just an old guy that is out of touch of today’s hockey. I know the kind I’ve met many that tried to tell me all their clues before I always listened to them very attentively because You can learn of things not to duplicate . I do say my piece every chance I can, you take it or leave it and we all move on to the next clue. At my age you don’t have time to let smart aleck bother you, you wish it well and you go on your way to better things. Love being a London Knights fan, how about you?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Just a thought hypothetically what if Gruden leaves Miami University. He would surely be on the knights protected list still. I doubt it happens but it could

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No I am not upset with you I just wanted you to see I called you lastpace because you always call the Soo the Zoo just playing is all I really like coming on London’s board to see what you guys are thinking is all but I find it hard to keep up with you guys because there is a new post every other minute it seems
Ya I noticed the miss spell, I figured you might have the same problem with your own spell check as I have with S to a Z and etc. I should proof read more but at my age time is precious. Enjoy your rest of the season, oh by the way "Go Knights Go"

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Timms didn’t play for Barrie today. Guess he’s not going and it’s just a 15th.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Love being a London Knights fan, how about you?

Fastpace there is nothing better my friend that’s why although I to would have loved to had all our cards available I understand fully and appreciate it was circumstance that put us at zero cards left, not poor management.

The Hunters are truly the best in the business we are very lucky to have them. Every year we are always “in it” who possibly can complain. Eventually they will want to retire I am sure I just hope not to soon!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I know you don't see the Greyhounds very much, but I find that they are a very strict system oriented team. They rarely bring in players from outside the organization because it takes a very specific kind of player to fit in on the Greyhounds. If you don't do things their way then you will sit no matter who you are.

They remind me a lot of the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA in that regard. It has a lot of advantages and disadvantages, but it works for them.

I find the Knights are a lot more adaptive and change their system to adapt to the talent. Coach Hunter is a brilliant tactician and always finds the right setup for the team. That's the proper approach when you have access to a lot of American talent that other teams can't afford. One thing I find consistently with Coach Hunter though is that he likes his defensemen to pinch. The Greyhounds have exploited that a lot in the last 10 games with many quick transition goals. I'm sure that would be addressed in a playoff series, but it's just something I've picked up on over the years.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad