London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
We have great depth in our lineup right now, just remains to be seen if they did enough with the moves they made. I'd argue our top 5 on the blue line rivals anyone in the CHL right now
Nothing like that team although the league is much weaker imo. No where near the star power of that McDavid, Marner era.

Reactions: hockjock

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So if you think the Soo is too weak to go for it do you think the same about London, Niagara, Guelph , and Saginaw? Why bother even playing the games?

No sir I do not, yes I do notice all the talent on each respective teams and some fields older and more experience to others' but what set some aparts is team coaching coupled with a team system, London is very talented, younger with experienced back end but they also do have the complete team system package. The Zoo despite all their seasons success and all the talents they brought in the last five years have not been able to closed the deal, meaning they do not have the winning package yet and less so today with a weaker team. I could be wrong and have been many times but from what these old eyes have seen over the years and was to place a bet, London is my team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Lol, really? I know what the Knights fans think (tunnel vision). London is far from the clear cut favourites in he west now!

Please dont assume he speaks for the majority of Knights fans. Be better than that. Its weak.
Just like I wouldnt assume you or any other Attack fans posts are representative of the masses.

Reactions: tbkght77 and Otto

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Lol, really? I know what the Knights fans think (tunnel vision). London is far from the clear cut favourites in he west now!

Honestly Atttacfan72, what did an Attack fan expected to read on the London Knights fans board, London fans having tunnel vision in favor of your favorite Attack, you are very welcome here but be very prepared to dish out what you will read too.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Don't believe I ever said EVERY fan. But hey maybe I am wrong! ;)
Ya didnt use the word "every" but read what you posted.
"Lol, really? I know what the Knights fans think (tunnel vision). London is far from the clear cut favourites in he west now!"

Clearly lumping all fans together. Like I said weak, and Ill add lazy.

Reactions: Attackfan72

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Ya didnt use the word "every" but read what you posted.
"Lol, really? I know what the Knights fans think (tunnel vision). London is far from the clear cut favourites in he west now!"

Clearly lumping all fans together. Like I said weak, and Ill add lazy.
Ya I see that now. Not what I meant but yes, I did make an error. I can see why they were upset!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jacob Graves was the perfect match for the Knights.
Character guy like Kevin Hancock who was a key performer winning the Mem Cup.
By: Brad Coccimiglio, May 30, 2016
“I like to be simple,” Graves said.
“I try to be two-way sometimes but I’m more of a simple guy. I like to be gritty now and then.”
Knights Coach Dale Hunter spoke of how Graves “does everything well.”
“He’s a character guy and he’s playing lots of minutes for us,” Hunter said. “He wants to win. He’s been very good. He’s been moving the puck well.
He does everything well and he really cares.”
“He makes good outlet passes and he’ll do anything to win,” Hunter also said.
Barrie product playing integral roll at Memorial Cup - BarrieToday.com

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
No sir I do not, yes I do notice all the talent on each respective teams and some fields older and more experience to others' but what set some aparts is team coaching coupled with a team system, London is very talented, younger with experienced back end but they also do have the complete team system package. The Zoo despite all their seasons success and all the talents they brought in the last five years have not been able to closed the deal, meaning they do not have the winning package yet and less so today with a weaker team. I could be wrong and have been many times but from what these old eyes have seen over the years and was to place a bet, London is my team.
So you are saying the Soo are weaker than Guelph & Saginaw despite having better records than them? And they are weaker the London despite beating the Knights both games this season?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So you are saying the Soo are weaker than Guelph & Saginaw despite having better records than them? And they are weaker the London despite beating the Knights both games this season?

Oh for a big yes, for sure and more so now with Guelph two new defenders on their back end. Even if soo were to bring in Nick Suzuki and Matthew Strome.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
This week will be a very good test for the boys.
Preparation for optimal team play will be key in the next few days.
Guelph............Tuesday
Saginaw..........Friday
Ottawa.............Saturday
Kitchener........Sunday

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Give Mark, Dale Rob and staff full props with their moves these past few weeks.
Chemistry is very important on and off the ice with a winning organization.
Jacob Graves seemed like a minor move at the time. He was a perfect fit.
Cotter, Keane, Lochead and Hancock are all very good players in the O.
Knights got quality players without mortgaging the future.
I like Rob Simpson's comments on Kevin Hancock.
“We thought he was the perfect fit,” London associate GM Rob Simpson said.
“Throughout this process (while they were trying to find out about him as a person), we heard a lot about character. People were saying that to us without us even asking. Back in 2016-17, we brought in players that had a lot of talent that didn’t quite mesh.
Sometimes the star player with the big name doesn’t suit you. Kevin is versatile.
He scores a lot on nifty shots and stuff around the net.
You think it’s a fluke but he does it consistently.
“It translates well to the playoffs when you have to find different ways to score.”
Soo Greyhounds 5, London Knights 4 (OT)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Saginaw..........Friday
Kitchener........Sunday

We are in the very middle of the Battle of the Bulges, starting from our last two games Niagara and Soo last night, I also believe Ottawa is coming down too sometime soon as well

Last edited:

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Saginaw..........Friday
Kitchener........Sunday

Tuesday will definitely be interesting to say the least. Don't think Guelph is done making moves yet either. Remains to be seen if their remaining deals will be before, or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad