London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so, but he is a far more effective player. Btw I am pretty sure I am right about this, but our record with Formenton and Bouchard in the lineup is 12 Wins 1 Loss
Oh there's no comparison...my statement was more about how each of Foudy and Forementon try way too many solo efforts and don't use their linemates

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Oh there's no comparison...my statement was more about how each of Foudy and Forementon try way too many solo efforts and don't use their linemates
True...I think its also the style that they both play (North-South)...I hope one or both of them gel with Hancock and start using their linemates....If those 3 gel they could be the #1 line in the OHL for the 2nd half

Reactions: Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Also did McMichael see any time in OT? I am surprised at Dales usage of Nelson...I think Nelson has been doing great this year, but McMichael should get the opportunity in OT

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Yes McMichael was out there. I personally would like to have seen Stranges out there with his skill set and three on three and all that open ice. I am not fretting the loss and look forward to watching this team when Forms comes back. Bouchard and Boqvist Tuesday will make a difference and with practise time I think Hancock will be even better and we will have 4 good lines. I like Turko,Tymkin and Moskal, Dunkley, McMichael and Guskov, Hancock, Foudy and Nelson and Cotter, Stranges, (Popov, Panwar or Evangilista ) until Forms returns. Bouchard/Regula, Boqvist/Lochead, Keane /Golden,Coome,Keane)

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Yes do take last night ex: (Niag. game) and do tell us why they had to come from behind by two goals again, oh and who was in net ? He's no better than Kooy and why are we blaming goalies, when 5 other players out front made their mistakes before the puck got to them and for a long while there were only three of them in the Soo game. They do work them hard at practice everyday and it's absolutely not BS needing more game action to stay sharp and game ready, the reason why Kooy needs more game action is well explained above in your very own post.
I'm still of the opinion that Razor gives us the best chance to win. Kooy is a more than capable back up. But that's it. I can't trust him to carry this team. For the rest of this season it should be Razor's crease if we want to go deep into the playoffs. Give Kooy a few games here and there, especially against the weaker teams, but for the important matchups the rest of the way it's gotta be JR32. We're getting into crunch time and every point from here on in is important, especially with the rest of the division and conference loading up at the trade deadline. Experience and talent trump potential here. And that's what Razor gives you. Kooy has potential and he will be the starter next year for sure but for the remainder of this season we have to Ride The Red Razor Wave.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So we face Saginaw on next Friday and Ottawa the following day. I say bring it on and let’s run them over!!

Like I said before, we’ll see a better Matvei Guskov, and more creative Antonio Stranges and hopefully Foudy enjoys another quality scorching second half.
I expect big things from Foudy, Stranges and Guskov....they all show glimpses of their potential. Looking forward to a great 2nd half

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
So....when are we gonna just give Foudy his own line? That selfish/one dimensional play rubs off to your linemates and causes dead play after dead play. Too many plays die on #18's stick for my liking and it'll only get worse when Formenton gets back as they seem to compete to one up each other with solo effort after solo effort.

Easily.

I said it early and late last year. I said it this year.......He is a complimentary piece on this club. Too many holes in his game right now. To worried about the wrong things.

Too many got caught up in his goal streak, 2nd half last year. He still wasnt doing all the little things, paying the price you like to see. He can help ya win games but there are probly 6 Fs or more Id rather from this team come POs to do the heavy lifting.

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
I thought I basically said the same about Foudy last night as the 2 posts above!!!. There were some disagreements among certain posters that insinuated that I was wrong ............. Oh well HHHMMMMM

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Not to worried about yesterday's result. I cant wait to see them gel the new guys already contributing. Those long road trips to the Soo will be good for team bonding :thumbu::popcorn:

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I’m not sure what happened with Foudy, didn’t he finish last year super strong? I think a line with him Formenton and Hancock could be pretty solid....maybe Hancock would rub off on him?

And I won’t beat a dead horse (too much), but I’ll say it again Kooy is a good goalie and isn’t a whipping boy (not mine anyways). But the bad angle goals were not good...sure he made some good saves, kinda expect that. Ah well, one game doesn’t define anyone.
And ya PP I’ve never seen a 5 on 1 before lol, that was nuts. In fact when our D slid, he was almost out of the play making it a 5-0. The shooter didn’t use anyone as a decoy, he got robbed.

Anyone think we make anymore trades? (For picks since we can’t add cards)

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Starting to look like you guys won't have an easy road in the west. Saginaw and Guelph loading up and the Soo holding steady...for now.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Starting to look like you guys won't have an easy road in the west. Saginaw and Guelph loading up and the Soo holding steady...for now.

No sane person thought it would be an easy road.
Its never a gimme.
I do like the make up of our squad thou. As always the best team in POs will make it thru the East and West to the OHL finals.
Should be fun to watch.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
By “Easy road” do you mean winning 17 PO and MC wins in a row Easy Road. Probabbly not, but, you never know.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Now, we wait to see how well those teams manage all their new super stars on and off the ice.
While we continue to Gell with a well coached bunch of Hunter hand picked kids.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
After reading some discussion about our goalies my feeling is that they both show inconsistency and it is my hope the defense tightens up in the second half and limits the good scoring opportunities.
Getting the big save when it's needed inspires confidence in a team but you still have to limit the good chances.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
After reading some discussion about our goalies my feeling is that they both show inconsistency and it is my hope the defense tightens up in the second half and limits the good scoring opportunities.
Getting the big save when it's needed inspires confidence in a team but you still have to limit the good chances.
Totally agree. And with Bouch and Boq coming back GAA should go down. With B and B in the lineup, scoring 4 goals usually wins us the game

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Frustrated to see all the moves being made around us while we watch helplessly. Disappointed in how Mark handled the cards this season. Nothing against Hancock... He's going to fit in perfectly, but I would have liked to pick up a pure goal scoring sniper above all.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
It wasn't going to be an easy road three weeks ago, why would it be now?
Short answer 3 weeks ago speculation was rampant the Soo and OS would sell. Soo has not yet. Also at that time Saginaw and Guelph were not even close to matching up with London imo. So simply things have changed and I do think the road is harder than 3 weeks ago.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Frustrated to see all the moves being made around us while we watch helplessly. Disappointed in how Mark handled the cards this season. Nothing against Hancock... He's going to fit in perfectly, but I would have liked to pick up a pure goal scoring sniper above all.

I believe this will be our downfall. Our defense and goaltending will be fine....it's our lack of scoring (and lack of offensive creativity) that will hurt us in the long run!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad