London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What do you guys make of this tweet? London is the only team anywhere near running out of cards...

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
It’ll be tough. I agree with you about the forwards. People are going to flip out about Guelph, Saginaw and the Soo but after the dust settles, they’re all arguably weaker than London on paper if you look at the entire roster of each team.

London made veteran additions already between yesterday and the beginning of the season - Hancock, Keane, Cotter, Lochead. Bouchard, Boqvist and Formenton were all returned so no underagers hung up in pro.

London can still improve internally. Lochead and his needless penalties, he could also take better routes in the D zone. Stranges I’d like on PP1 and on a line with better, older players. Cotter moving back to center. Unforced turnovers, etc.

There’s also other development of players that I’ve liked. I think Regula is arguably a legit top pairing d-man now. His gap control is very good. Dare I say - better than any other Knight D? He has underrated speed. Knows what to do with the puck in all zones. Him and Bouchard will require no “gelling.”

Guskov is a player who I could see becoming a game breaker by the end of the season. He plays well in all three zones and is one of London’s most creative forwards imo.
Yeah their roster might be better on paper,but the game is not played on paper but on the ice. Soo fans k ow that all to well like last year their team was hands down the best on paper but look what happened in the playoffs.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
If they have no chance of playing after April why keep him up there

So you think they'll send him down for the sake of a play-off run, when there's still over a month and a half left to play when it literally benefits Ottawa in O ways possible.

They didn't even loan him to the U.S.A for the World Juniors and you think they're going to have him miss 10-20 games for the sake of London?

He doesn't develop against teens, we've already seen that.

Reactions: three dog night
So you think they'll send him down for the sake of a play-off run, when there's still over a month and a half left to play when it literally benefits Ottawa in O ways possible.

They didn't even loan him to the U.S.A for the World Juniors and you think they're going to have him miss 10-20 games for the sake of London?

He doesn't develop against teens, we've already seen that.
You also don't develop on the golf course in early April

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Currently. Unless those rights are traded.

I can't think of what else OHL Insiders was alluding to. But London would have an import issue if that was to transpire. Just not sure what others on this board think about that tweet.

Guskov or Boquist would have to go.

15+ games in the NHL is far more valuable than playing against kids for an extra 10-15.
True...but playing meaningful games until late May NEVER stunted any player's development

by the way the main reason I posted the idea of Tkachuk back to London is I like to see people squirm and possibly some heads explode. I'm kinda funny that way ;)

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
True...but playing meaningful games until late May NEVER stunted any player's development

They're not meaningful in his development. Besides, Ottawa doesn't even have their first round pick. Why would they send one of their best forwards down for? To give Colorado Jack Hughes?

I see an almost 99.9% chance he doesn't go anywhere.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
So you can pick up the rights to a player before January 10th does that mean they can be rostered in mid Feb and not use a card ?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Currently. Unless those rights are traded.

I can't think of what else OHL Insiders was alluding to. But London would have an import issue if that was to transpire. Just not sure what others on this board think about that tweet.

I think nothing of the tweet.
You are trying to read to much into tying London to it.

Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad