London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Stats on London-Soo Game
Shots on Net:
London 38......Soo 29
London was 2/4 on the Power Play.
Soo was 1/6 on the PP including 2 Man short twice.
Kevin Hancock was 21/29 on FO's.............1 Goal 1 Assist..........3 Shots
Nathan Dunkley 1 Goal 1 Assist..........3 Shots
Connor McMichael was 7/9 on FO's.
Billy Moskal was 11/17 on FO's.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Sticking up for your boy or being told you don't know anything about goaltending has two different meanings, and yes I do "Get It"

The sentence structure of my post looked like the “get it” was directed at you but I said “I get it” as in I understand. No slight intended.
That’s fine if you don’t see it, and if you want to blame other players (whatever 5 guys were on the ice) but I’m going to blame Kooy for having a bad game and letting in some poor scoring chances. The replays don’t lie, they were bad goals. Btw I never said Kooy has to be run out of town, I think he’s a decent goalie overall. But this game, it’s on him. And I never said “you” don’t know anything about goaltending, you outted yourself on that

Going forward, I think Kooy is an excellent backup and can provide the team a good chance to win when the starter isn’t playing. I don’t recall last when a team used an O/A card on a goalie only to have him play second fiddle. 32 is your man, like it or not. At least, he’ll be given every opportunity to run with it.

Just gonna throw this out there....if it wasn't for Kooy..we don't even earn a point. Made about 10 10 bell saves in the game..6 I counted in the 2nd period alone including stopping two 2 on 1's and an incredible save on the 5 on 1...yep you read that right the Soo had a 5 on 1 break. I've got the best seat in the house in the 2nd period to see if a goalie is on or off his game..Kooy was on point with every angle. Yes he got beat on 2 or 3 he would like back, but we're not skating in OT if it wasn't for Kooy's saves early

Last edited:
Knights fans just being Knights fans.... got to rip on somebody.. Timms is gone I guess Kooy is the new target to go along with Golden.
With Golden's play it's actually justified a lot of the time. but...that said he did play arguably his best game of the season last night. I'll give props when you earn them.

I really don't quite understand ripping on Kooy having been a goaltender and goaltending coach myself. The kid bailed them out numerous times in the game. Nobody said a word when Windsor pumped 6 past Rayzor because we won 8-6..also Rayzor looked VERY weak on 3 of the goals the Dogs scored Thursday night. But you only see comments on Kooy when we lose a game. The other problems on this team will haunt us longer than our goaltending will this season

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Fans are never happy. When Razor starts it should have been Kooy. When Kooy starts it should have been Razor. Guy near me last night couldn't understand why Razor wasn't in the net. After all he was there, at the end of the bench "just sitting there".

Reactions: Fastpace and Otto
Fans are never happy. When Razor starts it should have been Kooy. When Kooy starts it should have been Razor. Guy near me last night couldn't understand why Razor wasn't in the net. After all he was there, at the end of the bench "just sitting there".
I had people around me saying all game...WTF does Kooy have to do to get the #1 spot? SO...depends on what area of the rink you sit in

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
He is fantastic! You all are correct he is a fit for the Knights. Faceoff guy, Skill guy, PK Guy, Good Shoot, Good Passer, Can hit......he's an all around guy who will have a solid pro career (NHL if he is fortunate enough)...Just needs to keep working hard...He looks like he got a long with the boys as well which is great! Just needs time to gel
Attack fan here. I'm going to be a regular here just to follow our guy. Everything above described Hanner to a tee. Glad he had a great first game. The more I think about this deal I tip my hat to Mark IMHO trading for Hancock was a move of brilliance. If you guy's get him his license he can probably drive the team bus to.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
So....when are we gonna just give Foudy his own line? That selfish/one dimensional play rubs off to your linemates and causes dead play after dead play. Too many plays die on #18's stick for my liking and it'll only get worse when Formenton gets back as they seem to compete to one up each other with solo effort after solo effort.
That is absolutely accurate

Reactions: Fastpace

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Wow tough crowd! I guess I should turn in my season tickets because apparently I have no idea what I am watching?

I thought I went to a game last night between the top 2 teams in the western conference, with both teams missing some key pieces due to the WJC but still put on a great show. I thought both teams were playing fast physically hockey, both teams having a great transition game turning some blue line turnovers in to odd man rushes that both goalies were very sharp on, making some great timely saves, albeit both goalies let in a goal they wish they had back.

I was under the impression that when 2 teams that are within a handful of points of each other play a game that is close in chances with each team grabbing momentum back and forth a few times the night, that ends up being decided in extra time on a play where a guy comes in alone and beats the goalie because the defenseman lost an edge, was good hockey. I thought that was the kind of hockey that makes the game worth watching. Close good games that could go either way right down to the last second.

Turns out I am way off base. Apparently good hockey is handily beating everyone a la the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals. If a goalie makes a great save on a 5-1 but let’s a weak side snap shot go through later in the game he should probably be cut from the team. If we win some hard fought games in overtime, this team and that game were awesome, when we lose one, the sky is falling, the teams in shambles and someone needs to answer for this.

The Soo is a good team, London is a good team. We have 2 high calibre goalies. A bounce here a call there last night and it’s a totally different outcome. We’re spoiled with consistently great hockey here in London guys. Stop scapegoating and enjoy it

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So....when are we gonna just give Foudy his own line? That selfish/one dimensional play rubs off to your linemates and causes dead play after dead play. Too many plays die on #18's stick for my liking and it'll only get worse when Formenton gets back as they seem to compete to one up each other with solo effort after solo effort.
Formenton is a step above Foudy

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Wow tough crowd! I guess I should turn in my season tickets because apparently I have no idea what I am watching?

I thought I went to a game last night between the top 2 teams in the western conference, with both teams missing some key pieces due to the WJC but still put on a great show. I thought both teams were playing fast physically hockey, both teams having a great transition game turning some blue line turnovers in to odd man rushes that both goalies were very sharp on, making some great timely saves, albeit both goalies let in a goal they wish they had back.

I was under the impression that when 2 teams that are within a handful of points of each other play a game that is close in chances with each team grabbing momentum back and forth a few times the night, that ends up being decided in extra time on a play where a guy comes in alone and beats the goalie because the defenseman lost an edge, was good hockey. I thought that was the kind of hockey that makes the game worth watching. Close good games that could go either way right down to the last second.

Turns out I am way off base. Apparently good hockey is handily beating everyone a la the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals. If a goalie makes a great save on a 5-1 but let’s a weak side snap shot go through later in the game he should probably be cut from the team. If we win some hard fought games in overtime, this team and that game were awesome, when we lose one, the sky is falling, the teams in shambles and someone needs to answer for this.

The Soo is a good team, London is a good team. We have 2 high calibre goalies. A bounce here a call there last night and it’s a totally different outcome. We’re spoiled with consistently great hockey here in London guys. Stop scapegoating and enjoy it

Beautiful

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Formenton is a step above Foudy

Easily.

I said it early and late last year. I said it this year.......He is a complimentary piece on this club. Too many holes in his game right now. To worried about the wrong things.

Too many got caught up in his goal streak, 2nd half last year. He still wasnt doing all the little things, paying the price you like to see. He can help ya win games but there are probly 6 Fs or more Id rather from this team come POs to do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:

Shut up Rubbers you're not allowed to make sensible posts here

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Actually we had more chances in OT than the Soo did.
I really like Keane Sr ,just wish he would shot more.
Sambrook is also a Kn killer
'he did it when he was an Otter.
Reminds me of Hancock.
Kooy and Raay gives us good goaltending .

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
but still can be very selfish with the puck
I guess so, but he is a far more effective player. Btw I am pretty sure I am right about this, but our record with Formenton and Bouchard in the lineup is 12 Wins 1 Loss

Actually we had more chances in OT than the Soo did.
I really like Keane Sr ,just wish he would shot more.
Sambrook is also a Kn killer
'he did it when he was an Otter.
Reminds me of Hancock.
Kooy and Raay gives us good goaltending .
The Soo buried on their only chance in OT..we failed to bury on our 2 prime chances. Difference right there

a player sweeping wide around a defender and shooting in stride is a HARD shot to stop at any level. You're moving as he's moving not knowing when the shot will come off....very tough stop to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad