London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino200022

Ya, Think about it, maybe he brings his A game when he thinks it is beneficial for his career!!!!. really , can you honestly say, Wow, Foudy is a great first round pick. Has he shown enough for you to say that!!!!! Do you watch other hockey teams and players?. Has he proved that for the Knights this year that he is playing like a first rounder???

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Ya, Think about it, maybe he brings his A game when he thinks it is beneficial for his career!!!!. really , can you honestly say, Wow, Foudy is a great first round pick. Has he shown enough for you to say that!!!!! Do you watch other hockey teams and players?. Has he proved that for the Knights this year that he is playing like a first rounder???

He is as good as at least half the first rounders and he isnt a third liner. Just saying

Reactions: KnightsWatch

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Seriously for my 4000th post, I would like to take this opportunity to wish both Andrew Perrott and Matthew Timms the very best in Owen Sound and Barrie respectively and on their future hockey careers. As well as extending the warmest of welcome to Kevin Hancock as he's finishing up his junior career here in London before he continue on to pros and/or other things in stored for him in his future.

Congrats on #4000!

You started in 2015, that is only three years.

There are three kinds of people in this World, those that can count and those that can’t but by my calculation that is three posts per day!

That kinda posting is a very FastPace....

FrozenWookiee

Jul 31, 2018
E92E0D3F-F8EC-463A-AB5C-A67E66DA9622.jpeg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OS deal for Perrott for has connections to OS what can we expect out of Andrew??

He was here 1 1\2 year, he didn't play much because of numbers game and as of today the day of his departure not one fan said or wrote one bad word against him, that's how I can describe this kid for you. But now that he is an Attack he will surely make us find something to say or write against him, that's how we will dread his plays against the Knights for the next 2 1\2 seasons. He will be liked in Owen Sound, if that helps you AttackSound ?

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
First of all, I do like the Hancock acquisition, but I am not at all a fan of the asset management or the fact that we had to give up Perrott to get him....AND, if I had known we only had 2 cards left, I never would've gone after another defender (ie. Joey Keane).

Obviously, acquiring Timms was a mistake. I don't believe the Knights brass did their due diligence on Timms. I'm sure he didn't all of a sudden turn into a turnover machine after the Knights acquired him, and he cost us an ever-so-valuable card (Mistake #1).

Secondly, from what I can see, the handling of Perrott was brutal. Sure, he made mistakes, but man, he could've developed into another Lochead....and we are going to need him next season!!! I love Hancock, but not at the cost of Perrott. Yes, I am aware that he had requested a trade, but that's only because of the way we mishandled him in the first place. I still believe he could've been a very capable 5th or 6th defender this season and top 4 next year. Instead, we just traded away our two most capable 6th defenders. Now we have to rely on Golden, Coome or Keane Jr. to fill that role. I like Jr., but he's not ready for that responsibility this season (Mistake #2).

Thirdly, if we knew we only had two cards left, why go after another D, when what we really needed was a legitimate top line right winger?! Bouchard/Regula, Boqvist/Lochead and Timms/Perrott would have made a very strong and capable top 6 and would've allowed us to go after 2 solid forwards. Yes, we have a lot of good forwards, but what we don't have are game-breakers, and I hope I'm wrong, but this team reminds me too much of the Memorial Cup teams that had a hard time scoring when they needed it most (Mistake #3).

I'm not even convinced we can win the OHL (depends on how much more the other contenders load up), but if we do, I'd be shocked if we ended up beating Prince Albert....and like GKG44 said, that should've been our goal!

Again, I hope this team can prove me wrong, but I'm afraid we're gonna come up a little short and still have no D left for next season. :(

Maybe they picked up Keane because they had already targeted Hancock and knew they needed to get rid of Timms to do it ;) And wanted one of the best top 5 D this team maybe has ever had?
Of course they did their due deligemce on Timms. Cmon, ya think they just read the stats sheet and took a gamble? It was insurance in case other D didn't return and it was cheap.
The Perrott writing was on the wall for a while. I was the first to pump him as a player when drafted. Love his potential but giving him up for a Hancock is no big deal. And according to many on post on here thete were other reasons
Yes i agree and have posted it didnt seem like great card management but it happens occassionally and they wanted the 4 rookie kids here all year. That was the plan going back to early August ( i know for a fact)
They also wanted insurance against a slow start so used up a couple cards, maybe unneccessarily, in Sept/Oct hindsight but I get why with Koly.

I wanted one more forward as well but with 2 cards left, Perrott wanting out ( and them wanting to accomadate him) I think they did a fantastic job adding one of the best D and Fs avail at a fantastic cost. Add Cotter for free and the fact previously mentioned, that we have had Formenton and Bouchard for only under 15 games. Sit first in the O in GF and GA per game. The rookies will continue to get better.

I think they have a fantastic job. Sit back and enjoy. If they dont win it all, oh well. But I would take my chances with this squad vs. any other. Even after additions

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Congrats on #4000!

You started in 2015, that is only three years.

There are three kinds of people in this World, those that can count and those that can’t but by my calculation that is three posts per day!

That kinda posting is a very FastPace....

"Oh OMG67", Thank You ! - And there are the kinds that are retired like myself who are so ever hooked on junior hockey as well, all kinds of junior kids and the minors too. Anywhere I go I hang my hat to watch kids play hockey and that's in any province in this country, wouldn't never do this much for NHL hockey or pros, kids are so much more entertaining when they put all their heart soul into their games.

Reactions: OMG67

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I am little surprised at the lows some people have stooped to. In a time of cyber bullying, this is what was posted. The kid puts up 24 pts in 35 games. I believe is one or two in assists on the team . I actually spoke with him once. Very nice kid, soft-spoken and courteous. Received award for community service while here I think.

I see people question what happened to Lochead in Niagara and then we do it to one of our own. Sad. Maybe some time to question yourself and what qualities you are bringing that make this world a better place. Just a thought!

Great post... the hypocrisy on this board is rampant

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
And you expect "a scout" to tell you who the Knights were attempting to trade? Good chance the scouts don't even know what's going on
They know a lot more than you think. I hear about trades way ahead of time usually from scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad