London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Razor is the 1sr Star of the 1st Period vs Guelph....... 18 Saves on 19 Shots.
Liam Whitaker dressed today.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So I feel like at the moment we are a middle of the pack team....I truly think and hope this team is going to improve throughout the season, but I dont know if it will be enough to be the top team

Wow ! - LDN you are fast losing faith on our London Knights team, remember how they started last season and this season's team is lot better overall talented wise. Even without Bouchard and Formenton they will be right up there by season's end after they fully get Dale's system and they get a couple trade deadline pick ups

I am an old fan, I have seen many fall team starts and this young team is ahead of last year's and are quick to learn the team system. They are very young and inexperience but they are as talented as any Knights team we've seem and they are growing with it

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
3-2 loss to Guelph on a powerplay overtime goal, talk about bad luck

If not for a goal called back there is no overtime and a 3-2 win for London

Last night in O. S. if not for that bad second goal bounce it's a 3-2 game for London or at the very least going into overtime

We're there playing with best in the west in the O's, we're doing just fine

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Are you guys going to bring in Keighan Gerrie at any point? I did not notice him in training camp this year (not sure if that was because of London or Gerrie), and I am not sure if he is still on the Knights' protected list, but he's going over 3 PPG in his first 8 games. 25 points (including 11 goals) in 8 games in the SIJHL. Also put up almost a PPG last year in the SIJHL, and over a PPG in the playoffs. That's the production Tymkin put up in the SIJHL as a rookie, although obviously he provided physicality and size on top of it (Gerrie is not that big). I'd say that's worth noticing. He's also a few years younger than the guys who are close to him in production (and #2 still has 6 fewer points despite being 3 years older).

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
3-2 loss to Guelph on a powerplay overtime goal, talk about bad luck

If not for a goal called back there is no overtime and a 3-2 win for London

Last night in O. S. if not for that bad second goal bounce it's a 3-2 game for London or at the very least going into overtime

We're there playing with best in the west in the O's, we're doing just fine

The penalty wasn't bad luck as you suggest.
The goal called back was the right call so no use with what ifs...
VS. OS...bounces happen, they capitalized...Good teams do that.
The teams that should have won did. Not worth making excuses.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The penalty wasn't bad luck as you suggest.
The goal called back was the right call so no use with what ifs...
VS. OS...bounces happen, they capitalized...Good teams do that.
The teams that should have won did. Not worth making excuses.

Thanks for the reply aresknights, how ever you want to frame it for the good teams, where the good or bad bounce ends up it's still a luck of the bounce. Had they been lucky they would have won both games

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Id rather rely on talent, work ethic n systems than complain about "luck" in losses.
Its weak.
The better team in the OS and Guelph game won. They earned it based on play thru 60.
Its simple.

Having bad or good luck does not take away talent and hard work, it’s part of the game. Some like to dwell on the negative and others on positive and at the end we are all talking about the same game with the same group of young talented players

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Having bad or good luck does not take away talent and hard work, it’s part of the game. Some like to dwell on the negative and others on positive and at the end we are all talking about the same game with the same group of young talented players

It's not negative or positive. Its not luck of the bounce as you suggested for the reason London lost last 2 games.
The team that plays better wins almost all of the time. And that happened Sat and Sun. Its not luck.

Of course luck doesn't take away from talent and hard work. That was my original point to you. When you said it was just bad luck.

London lost. Other team was better. Nothing to do with luck. (I can see why you are an HL fan)

I guess if you take both sides in a convo you'll always be half right lol.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's not negative or positive. Its not luck of the bounce as you suggested for the reason London lost last 2 games.
The team that plays better wins almost all of the time. And that happened Sat and Sun. Its not luck.

Of course luck doesn't take away from talent and hard work. That was my original point to you. When you said it was just bad luck.

London lost. Other team was better. Nothing to do with luck. (I can see why you are an HL fan)

I guess if you take both sides in a convo you'll always be half right lol.

There you go, you are finally getting it on open minded discussion, never argue only share opinions viewed from all angles , there are no need to pick sides on the same team you see. ( lol )

That's reason I respect and often push the like botton fairly often

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
This is in response to Otto’s last comment « it happens at every sports level »

In some way yes you are right, I go along with that. But you would have to agree junior players are looking for consistency if they want to become pros, while pros players would have found consistency or they wouldn’t stay at that level for long.

Because of their raw inexperience it happens in junior hockey with more regularity that may not otherwise happen at pro levels as often.
buffalo bills schedule - Google Search

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Pretty sure fastpace uses the same whitehouse speech writer that Dubya Bush used

I am pretty sure Fastpace is not using the same whitehouse speech writer.

You can bring many version of opinions at the Fastpace table and still be on the same team.
A good competition from oponents is healthy for the Knights, a good competition of ideas is also healthy to form a best.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
SNAPSHOTS: Senators like the way they've started the NHL season

Bruce Garrioch
Updated: October 14, 2018

OFF THE GLASS

Injured Senators players are showing signs of progress. Cody Ceci (upper body), Ryan Dzingel (lower body), Max McCormick (unspecified) and Alex Formenton (concussion) won’t play against Dallas, but some could return for Saturday’s contest against Montreal. “They’re all going really well,” Boucher said. “I don’t know how many are going to get the OK … nobody before (Monday), but, after (Monday), because there’s quite a few days before the next game, for sure there will be guys back. How many? I don’t know. They could all be back. That’s possible. All these guys are doing well, but you know how that is because they can be doing well today and then all of a sudden ‘whoops’ and it backtracks a little bit.”
SNAPSHOTS: Senators like the way they've started the NHL season

Reactions: Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
"Tim Fallowfield is with the Wellington Dukes (along with recently signed Ben Roger's) and Harrison Cottham is with Niagara Falls Canucks.. Both are still Knights at this point in time."

I didn't verify, just got a text a few days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad