London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone have any news on Kooy? I'm assuming JR and Foudy are still at camp. I know its start of season, but every win will count so we need our best lineup. I am looking forward to seeing Dunkley, Stranges and Regula step up and lead the charge vs the Spits...Even with it being early in the season I really think we need to move some of our extra guys to get them somewhere where they can play. If you look at the Flint board it seems the Firebirds are starving for players....We obviously have a surplus and I am sure with more opportunity you could see some guys who would get limited playing time here get regular minutes there

Reactions: Fastpace

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Anyone have any news on Kooy? I'm assuming JR and Foudy are still at camp. I know its start of season, but every win will count so we need our best lineup. I am looking forward to seeing Dunkley, Stranges and Regula step up and lead the charge vs the Spits...Even with it being early in the season I really think we need to move some of our extra guys to get them somewhere where they can play. If you look at the Flint board it seems the Firebirds are starving for players....We obviously have a surplus and I am sure with more opportunity you could see some guys who would get limited playing time here get regular minutes there
Would prefer if they held 'the depth' guys until next week. Should have Razor, Foudy and Boqvist by that time. Flint is more likely to deal with Saginaw due to proximity and higher quality spare parts. Granted, they are one of the few teams that can help with the import situation. The others being Hamilton, Kingston, Kitchener, and the Soo.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Tonight: Winnipeg @ Edmonton
Evan Bouchard playing with Darnell Nurse

AWVTzgvc_bigger.jpg
Edmonton Oilers‏Verified account @EdmontonOilers 2h2 hours ago

On the back end,
#Oilers pairings will be Klefbom-Larsson, Nurse-Bouchard &
Garrison-Bear with Jerabek as the extra.
Talbot-Koskinen is the goalie tandem.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So who finishes 2nd?

I thing Guelph slowly built a good team through draft picks and strategically made good trades
I think Owen Sound will have a strong team but no better to last year’s team

To answer your question Guelph in my opinion should finish second behind London and Owen a close third place behind Guelph

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Expectations high as refocused Knights hit ice

Ryan Pyette
Updated: September 20, 2018

They’re on the younger side.
They don’t know if their best players will return from their NHL teams — soon or ever.
But these are the London Knights. The expectations are always sky high.
That comes straight from the top.
“Our goal is always to win the Memorial Cup and develop kids for the National Hockey League,” London GM Mark Hunter said. “It’s going to be fun.”
They plan to live up to their pre-season No. 2 ranking in the Canadian Hockey League and improve it, if possible.
So watch out, Halifax.
Their first test comes against rival Windsor Friday, starting at 7:30 p.m. at Budweiser Gardens.
The Spitfires are a youthful team, too, but even with all-star goaltender Michael DiPietro, no one’s picking them to win the league.
The respect the Knights get stems from their history of winning.
That’s why last season was so jarring.
They started 1-8-1 out of the gate, ended up selling off their top four assets — captain Robert Thomas, Max Jones, Cliff Pu and Sam Miletic — and were swept in a first-round playoff series for the first time in 23 years.
They worked hard in what coach Dale Hunter called a “long off-season” to make sure that won’t happen again.
They hit the draft jackpot in April by securing four 16-year-olds — Luke Evangelista, Antonio Stranges, Sahil Panwar, Gerard Keane — they believe can help right away.
If the pre-season is any indication, they will contribute.
“They’re dedicated and it’s been pretty impressive to watch them, day in and day out,” said Mark Hunter.
If you want to evaluate a hockey team, the place to begin is at the back end.
The Knights have one of the better goaltending tandems in the league with Joseph Raaymakers and Jordan Kooy, expected to start against the Spitfires.
Their defence, if captain Evan Bouchard and import Adam Boqvist return, is elite.
They won’t boast a line like the Mitch Marner, Christian Dvorak, Matthew Tkachuk unit in 2016 and there doesn’t appear to be a 50-goal player on board. But they will find enough scoring, either by squeezing it out of some unsung heroes or trading for it by January.
The biggest boost is, of course, is Mark Hunter’s presence.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Lucas Rowe played well with #40 Antonio Stranges.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
FIVE THINGS TO FOLLOW IN THE KNIGHTS’ 2018-19 SEASON
The start
Ryan Pyette

1-8-1. How can you forget? That was London’s record for the first 10 games of last season. Plenty of fans in rival cities loved it. The Knights recovered but not enough for home-ice advantage in the playoffs. The Hunters aren’t getting burned again. They have assembled a roster they expect will start winning right away, no matter how many stars are missing. They also ease into the schedule with only three games in the first two weeks.
Five things to follow in the Knights' 2018-19 season

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Just finished watching Bouchard play tonight (Edm 7-3 over Wng) he had one assist and was at plus 2 for the night.
Made some great passes as we've seen here in London but he also cough up the puck several times in the D zone as we've seen him do here as well. He played the most minutes on the team with 22:50

I could be wrong, but I think Edmonton are going to take a long look at Bouchard but I also see the Oilers sending Bouchard back to London for more seasoning after he plays the 9 regular season games. His skating is not at the Pro level yet and his defensive plays needs more work. But right now he's doing well in Edmonton and we wish him well and luck.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I thing Guelph slowly built a good team through draft picks and strategically made good trades
I think Owen Sound will have a strong team but no better to last year’s team

To answer your question Guelph in my opinion should finish second behind London and Owen a close third place behind Guelph
Considering all the teams mentioned are in the same division then they cannot finish second. division winners are ranked 1-2

Reactions: LDN

dino200022

Just finished watching Bouchard play tonight (Edm 7-3 over Wng) he had one assist and was at plus 2 for the night.
Made some great passes as we've seen here in London but he also cough up the puck several times in the D zone as we've seen him do here as well. He played the most minutes on the team with 22:50

I could be wrong, but I think Edmonton are going to take a long look at Bouchard but I also see the Oilers sending Bouchard back to London for more seasoning after he plays the 9 regular season games. His skating is not at the Pro level yet and his defensive plays needs more work. But right now he's doing well in Edmonton and we wish him well and luck.

I agree 100 percent...he will see his share of regular season games on the third pairing and 2nd PP unit...but has a lot to learn on his half of the blueline which will make him OHL bound at some point this year IMO anyways. He would be AHL bound if it was a possibility but we know that is not the case in his situation. As for Boqvist, I am scared of his AHL eligibility!!!

stips

Apr 3, 2016
What exactly is your purpose?

It is easy to say this, as the posters sure have "Hunter's Homeboys" far exceeding any OHL team in history.

Let's see how easy it is to win everything!

dino200022

It is easy to say this, as the posters sure have "Hunter's Homeboys" far exceeding any OHL team in history.

Let's see how easy it is to win everything!

:stanley::deadhorse:nopity::wedgie:

I am feeling a solid 68-0 season this year even with none of the best coming back...someone sounds a little Jelly.

And if London does not win the OHL championship I have a gut feeling 1 of the other 19 teams will? Is that a better prediction stips...does that make your PC heart feel better?

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010

Ryan Pyette

They’re on the younger side.
They don’t know if their best players will return from their NHL teams — soon or ever.
But these are the London Knights. The expectations are always sky high.
That comes straight from the top.
“Our goal is always to win the Memorial Cup and develop kids for the National Hockey League,” London GM Mark Hunter said. “It’s going to be fun.”

Did Mark forget about the Robertson Cup? Just saying.....

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No... I don't... because you still haven't answered the question

I was not talking about ranks per say in that post but more like the teams with highest total points finish on down

You're right in terms of league ranking when it says each division leaders with fewest pointst of each conference gets second seed regardless of points total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad