London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
It wasn't passive aggressive at all... it's a legitimate question I believe you stated you were not the only one who felt this way about Kooy.. I could be wrong but I'm watching the Masters and I really don't feel like searching through your scores of mud-slinging posts to see for sure.... anyway I am curious how many people feel the same way you do... because if it's a lot then maybe I've been looking at the situation all wrong.

Now .. as for these private messages you've received I would be curious as to why you cannot count them.. generally that would mean that you have received a very large number on the subject I'm curious as to how large a number has to be so that you cannot count it.
My bad, I took it as passive aggressive Truthfully, I can only count to 5.
The point being is that I'm not the only one that shares these opinions.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
My bad, I took it as passive aggressive Truthfully, I can only count to 5.
The point being is that I'm not the only one that shares these opinions.
I'm sure you are not... and that won't surprise PP31 either I bet... just like a few Ice Dogs fans are not the only ones with an opinion of you... but somehow that makes people self-righteous...weird how that happens.

I have edited my initial post asking how many people agree with you about Kooy asking them to PM me and that the reasoning is that I may be looking at the situation all wrong.

I can't count how many responses I've received because I haven't received any. :popcorn:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I guess I cursed enough last night and because today is the Sabbith I am taking on the role of my best behaviour. Tomorrow is another day PP

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I'm sure you are not... and that won't surprise PP31 either I bet... just like a few Ice Dogs fans are not the only ones with an opinion of you... but somehow that makes people self-righteous...weird how that happens.

I have edited my initial post asking how many people agree with you about Kooy asking them to PM me and that the reasoning is that I may be looking at the situation all wrong.

I can't count how many responses I've received because I haven't received any. :popcorn:
Don't get me started with Ice Dogs fans. Between myself and DTP we are the anti-christs. Just curious as to what you think my opinion of Kooy is? I've made no secret that I was not a Kooy fan this season, but I admit he has played well this playoffs. Has he let in some weak goals? Sure. A couple of those were game changers as far as I'm concerned. Would we have won those games if he had made a couple of those saves? Maybe. Maybe not (more likely maybe with how close these games were) It is what it is. I was simply of the opinion that Razor should have started Game 6 and Kooy Game 7 if necessary. Now Hunter has no choice but to ride Kooy in Game 7. Do I blame Kooy for each lost game? No, the whole team is to blame but it would have been nice to have a couple of those goals back. Might have ended the series already. Unfortunately, some are of the opinion that, because of my posts earlier in the season defending Razor and calling out Kooys play, that I want to run the kid off the team and he should never have started nor played in these playoffs. Nothing could be further from the truth. I know he will be our starter next season and a damn good one at that. He can win us Game 7 easily if the whole team plays well in front of him.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Don't get me started with Ice Dogs fans. Between myself and DTP we are the anti-christs. Just curious as to what you think my opinion of Kooy is? I've made no secret that I was not a Kooy fan this season, but I admit he has played well this playoffs. Has he let in some weak goals? Sure. A couple of those were game changers as far as I'm concerned. Would we have won those games if he had made a couple of those saves? Maybe. Maybe not (more likely maybe with how close these games were) It is what it is. I was simply of the opinion that Razor should have started Game 6 and Kooy Game 7 if necessary. Now Hunter has no choice but to ride Kooy in Game 7. Do I blame Kooy for each lost game? No, the whole team is to blame but it would have been nice to have a couple of those goals back. Might have ended the series already. Unfortunately, some are of the opinion that, because of my posts earlier in the season defending Razor and calling out Kooys play, that I want to run the kid off the team and he should never have started nor played in these playoffs. Nothing could be further from the truth. I know he will be our starter next season and a damn good one at that. He can win us Game 7 easily if the whole team plays well in front of him.
Calling the playing of Kooy an "experiment" and using words such as "brutal" to describe his play says that you have no confidence in him. This is just the most recent comments but all season long you've been on him. So again I am inquiring about the confidence level in Kooy from other Knights fans.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Let's get that Eye of The Tiger feeling back with the Knights!
java-tiger.jpg

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Calling the playing of Kooy an "experiment" and using words such as "brutal" to describe his play says that you have no confidence in him. This is just the most recent comments but all season long you've been on him. So again I am inquiring about the confidence level in Kooy from other Knights fans.
Take it how you like. I'll stick to my opinion that Razor should have seen some ice at least one game this series.
And yes in all honesty, a couple of those golas were brutal IMO

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Okaaaaaaaay, so, that was fun!

So, what do the Knights need to do to win Game 7...really not much different from what they've been doing....just add a sense of urgency, stay outta the box and not burn out our top 5.

If we amp up our energy a little and utilize our speed to get to the puck first, there's no reason why we can't come away with the win! Guelph could arguably be the toughest team we face in the OHL playoffs. If we can get by them, a trip to the Mem Cup is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph

So, what do the Knights need to do to win Game 7...really not much different from what they've been doing....just add a sense of urgency, stay outta the box and not burn out our top 5.

If we amp up our energy a little and utilize our speed to get to the puck first, there's no reason why we can't come away with the win! Guelph could arguably be the toughest team we face in the OHL playoffs. If we can get by them, a trip to the Mem Cup is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Could be, but win and there will be a tough opponent from the other western semi to deal with.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London

Would be nice if more then just Foudy and Kooy play like they want to win the damn game perhaps?? Just saying!!

Reactions: HomerHawk67
I’m with Knights Watcher on this one. A few posters here think their opinions are the only ones that matter, and talk down to whoever disagrees.
I don’t buy it, and don’t care. Don’t be afraid to post here because of that reason.
I think the posters who feel they are being talked down to actually have a hard time accepting criticism when someone attacks their stance. I have no problem if someone's opinion differs from mine, in fact I applaud it and welcome the banter. But once a person resorts to name calling and mud slinging in an attempt to defend their stance, they lose all credibility in my opinion.
Some people are just more versed in how they tackle rebuttal and response and it makes it appear as though they are condescending and belittling someone when they are merely defending their own stance and opinion.
I love back and forth...hell GG you and I have had some great toe to toes here and I've never lost respect for your opinion through any of them. But once someone drops a comment about me personally and personally attack me...it all goes away. I can lose respect for someone as quickly as I gain respect for them and once it's gone..it's gone

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Just out of curiosity... anyone else here have the same views on Kooy as Knights Watcher?

Edit:Knights Watcher thinks that those of you who do agree with him will not step up for fear of repercussions if that's the case please feel free to send me a dm... I'm not looking to argue, I genuinely want to know because maybe I may be off base with my thinking.
I believe we should have played 32 last game because it would have been opportune to switch it up for momentum. People act like we do t have a capable backup, check the stats, he’s capable. And Kooy’s performance in game 5 was a tad shaky (misplayed the puck, picks went through him, didn’t make clean catches - these are all reasons). Changing from Kooy doesn’t always have to be because he blew it, that’s not the case. But he wasn’t the game stealer he has been. Hence I thought starting game 6 for 32 was a decent play. Now on to game 7, I would start 32, but I’m not upset that we will likely see Kooy in game 7....bottom line is, team needs to play better and the powerplay needs to be better.
If that happens, the goaltending shouldnt matter. Should be a cracker of a game!

Reactions: Knights Watcher

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Next round schedule is out, Friday Sunday if we win.
Thinking Sunday dinner will be after the 2:00 game.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Any one know why the Fans aren't allowed to sing the national anthem for a bit like they use too last year? Meaning just the Fans only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad