London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorzyRocks

Dec 13, 2018
Quite a few have been very silent. Not a good time for a number of gifted players to disappear off the radar
I said this two months ago and I will say it again. The mistake occurred when we brought in Keane. We needed two forwards. We also needed two forwards who added grit. I suggested Nurse from Hamilton, great playoff last year in Hamilton and then maybe Suzuki. Suzuki playing in his hometown would have elevated his game even more than now. Never understood getting rid of Timms. Was coming off shoulder surgery and getting better every game. If I remember was actually star of the game 2 of his last 3 games here. Would have finished with over 50 points. Do not understand how Keane was an upgrade. Hancock has been great but we needed two forwards not one. Would also have Perrott next year which I wish we had back. Nurse would have came cheaply and Suzuki can flat out play. I am the only one who noticed we lost 5 games before Xmas and 10 after. Just a thought!

Reactions: LR8

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Which would answer why the body sacrifice has gone down the past 3 games if in fact a number of players are playing sick. Blocking shots takes a lot out of the body if you're not in full armour. You know what I mean 77 ;)
Sure do! The Knights play best when they bring the physicality 100%
No excuses for Tuesday night, got all summer to heal.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Sure do! The Knights play best when they bring the physicality 100%
No excuses for Tuesday night, got all summer to heal.
The shot blockers gotta get back to committing to the block. None of this sticking out of a foot or partial block with a stick. Commit to making the full block or get the hell outa the way and let the tender see the shot

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Once every now and then I pop over to the Ice Dogs Fan forum on their web site for some entertaining reading. In the middle of a fight for their playoff lives in a year they mortgaged the team’s entire future to win it all and STILL the Western Conference Knights are spoken of so eloquently by Ice DogFans? I don’t think I can recall in any sport (MLB Yankees/ Redsox?) any team be such a source of hatred like the Knights are when it comes to the Ice Dog supporters?

LOL, hilarious really...... I mean teams that we actually have a rivalry with in our own conference those fans aren’t obsessed nearly like this? Help me understand what did we do? IMO the OHL Final a few years back is not really a reason as they already had the big hate on.

Reactions: Drop the Puck
Once every now and then I pop over to the Ice Dogs Fan forum on their web site for some entertaining reading. In the middle of a fight for their playoff lives in a year they mortgaged the team’s entire future to win it all and STILL the Western Conference Knights are spoken of so eloquently by Ice DogFans? I don’t think I can recall in any sport (MLB Yankees/ Redsox?) any team be such a source of hatred like the Knights are when it comes to the Ice Dog supporters?

LOL, hilarious really...... I mean teams that we actually have a rivalry with in our own conference those fans aren’t obsessed nearly like this? Help me understand what did we do? IMO the OHL Final a few years back is not really a reason as they already had the big hate on.
At the risk of sounding like a dick there are other ways to tickle your humour. For instance..I kick puppies

Kidding of course. I really don't get the hate they have for us either, but then again I never knew Hamilton fans(not all) hate us too until I attended a game there

Reactions: TheCoach

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
At the risk of sounding like a dick there are other ways to tickle your humour. For instance..I kick puppies

Kidding of course.

giphy.gif

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The Storm have been having success parking players at front of net deflecting point shots. Of the 16 scored in this series 6 have come from deflections and one accidental from our defense.

This is where size matters and Guelph makes it tough on our smaller defenseman. However we have some size back there and nastiness that have to move them so Kooy can see the point shot. Can be easier said then done at times?

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I really don't get the hate they have for us either, but then again I never knew Hamilton fans(not all) hate us too until I attended a game there

Well generally I assume any supporter of any team other then the Knights hate us. We after all are responsible for everything wrong with the OHL. But these guys take it to a whole new level of infatuation? Being in a totally different conference and a team that we really don't play head to head that often it's baffling? I mean Windsor or Kitchener I understand but Niagara? LOL.....quit being mean to puppies you bully!

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016

Little people with web feet, trying to climb into their trucks.
It’s comical actually.
The bottom line is, they want to be us, but, can’t. It really destroys them deep down, and need to blame their failures on others.

They try so had to go to the he extent of paying/not paying their players. Accuse the LK of doing so, then, get caught. The shame.
They have this Hunter all de-commit thread listing all the players who had intentions as 15-16 year olds to play NCAA then change their minds to play for the LK, that bothers them the most.
No, wait, playing us not once but twice on the O Finals, with only one win total. That the knackers blow to these little people.
Their 3rd rounder was committed to UMASS and was scene at the MC on Saturday Night. Not a mention of his de-commit.
Oh, wait, I know what bothers them more, another three years of a rebuild, while we load up for the 2019-20 season.

It’s great to be a Knights fan living here in Niagara, they love me here, it shows.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
OK boys. On to bigger things. Hope the team is healthy and firing on all cylinders tomorrow night.
Let's get it done at home and ride some momentum into the next series.

Reactions: zman77

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Well generally I assume any supporter of any team other then the Knights hate us. We after all are responsible for everything wrong with the OHL. But these guys take it to a whole new level of infatuation? Being in a totally different conference and a team that we really don't play head to head that often it's baffling? I mean Windsor or Kitchener I understand but Niagara? LOL.....quit being mean to puppies you bully!
This is why I don’t have a team that I favour. I have players that I favour. I’m a fan of the game and sometimes London has the best team and other times they don’t.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Drink lots of OJ tonight and tomorrow morning, pop some echinacea be in bed by 9pm. Pasta dinner tomorrow no later then 4pm... don't give in to the Storm goading you.. keep your heads on straight, no undisciplined penalties and no after the whistle crap. Go out.. have fun... and GO KNIGHTS GO!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Drink lots of OJ tonight and tomorrow morning, pop some echinacea be in bed by 9pm. Pasta dinner tomorrow no later then 4pm... don't give in to the Storm goading you.. keep your heads on straight, no undisciplined penalties and no after the whistle crap. Go out.. have fun... and GO KNIGHTS GO!

Pasta loading is so 80s ;)

I agree thou, if a bug was going around, lots of liquids, rest n video sessions The couple days off should have helped.

A bug ripping thru the team would explain some of the seemily less G.A.F in their one on one battles and speed game. (That and Guelphs adjustments ;)).
Wasn't flu like symptoms tbe reason Raaymakers missed a game early?

Ya play with ya got and whose motor is running. A good team is going to done tomorrow (K)night

Ill go London 5-3. (Just wishful thinking). Know idea what to expect but I hope they play aggressive early.

Best team moves on.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
If you hear the pre-game announcement : " The first period is brought to you by
Coulter's Pharmacy and Imodium ", it'll give some indication that the flu bug is under control. I can't imagine how tough it must be to skate hard, while keeping your butt cheeks clenched so hard that no one could get a pin up there without a sledgehammer.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Niagara Ice Dogs crap the bed in Game 6, falling 3-2 to the Oshawa Generals in front of 4235 fans at the Tribute Communities Centre and lose the Eastern Conference Semi-Final 4 Games to 2.
(Thought I'd beat 3DN to the punch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->