London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't mean for any slight by commenting on the attendance. I just find it odd that the 1st place team in the league isn't selling out the building. Not like the Soo being a good team is an over night thing. The rink looked empty on TV and I commented as such. Hat's off on the win. I think the Knights looked lethargic all weekend. Definitely nowhere near the potential they can and will play at the remainder of the year. If we can play that poorly and still grab a point...things look pretty good.

fansince65

Sep 4, 2015
Didn't mean for any slight by commenting on the attendance. I just find it odd that the 1st place team in the league isn't selling out the building. Not like the Soo being a good team is an over night thing. The rink looked empty on TV and I commented as such. Hat's off on the win. I think the Knights looked lethargic all weekend. Definitely nowhere near the potential they can and will play at the remainder of the year. If we can play that poorly and still grab a point...things look pretty good.

5 out of 6 points for the weekend is not too bad , but I agree they looked like they coasted for all three games , not what expected to see , the only player that stood out was Parsons ..

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Hmmm....no Mete (still our #1 D), 3rd game in 2.5 days, Dale's wacky line combos, an abundance of new players inserted into the lineup, against the top team in the conference, in their barn,....I'd say it went quite well! ;)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Care to elaborate?

I came on to say what a crazy hockey game that was. It was loud in the arena, the teams kept it fairly clean, the refs mostly stayed out of it, and i had the privilege of watching parsons play like a man possessed.

There's all kinds of things to discuss and yet you guys are talking about attendance.

Carry on.:cry:

I came on to say what a crazy hockey game that was. It was loud in the arena, the teams kept it fairly clean, the refs mostly stayed out of it, and i had the privilege of watching parsons play like a man possessed.

There's all kinds of things to discuss and yet you guys are talking about attendance.

It was a great game...top 2 teams in the league...best goaltender in the league. I think that's why the empty seats stood out so much. I guess it was a regular crowd..don't know. Took nothing away from the game. Well played on both sides...a few questionable calls in the 3rd both ways when I felt the officials were trying to put their mark on the game. But either way it was a fun game to watch. Parsons was Parsons..we're used to it.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

So you wanted to discuss the game, and then decided to act like a troll instead.

The attendance discussion for the most part was during the first period, well before the final outcome. One observation was made post game and that poster was had not been active during the initial discussion.

Try to follow along next time

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Personally, I couldn't have cared less about attendance....simply scrolled through all those posts, but....

Anyone with the handle "DWI Dale" is obviously not here looking to make friends. :shakehead

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Watching the 3 in 2 1/2 I felt Dale was trying to force chemistry at times. Just let it fall into place. I liked what I saw from Jones/Pu/Stephens, I think that one could work. Salituro needs someone with speed...I'd plug him with Thomas and Kuokkanen...or maybe even Formenton

Ya....I think those line combos would work....although, I'd be tempted to re-unite Kuokko with Jones & Pu....they were the hottest line in the league until Jones got hurt, but I know....Dale feels he has to experiment, ease Jones back in, etc.

Also, I couldn't understand why, in the first game against Saggy, he was playing our only two right-handed D together....and then having Golden play with Mattinen....ugh!

Ya....I think those line combos would work....although, I'd be tempted to re-unite Kuokko with Jones & Pu....they were the hottest line in the league until Jones got hurt, but I know....Dale feels he has to experiment, ease Jones back in, etc.

Also, I couldn't understand why, in the first game against Saggy, he was playing our only two right-handed D together....and then having Golden play with Mattinen....ugh!

Ya..I liked that Kuokk/Pu/Jones line

Hey...here's an idea

Kuokk/Pu/Jones
Piccinich/Thomas/Miletic
Formenton/Stephens/Salituro
Carbonara/MacD/Tymkin/Foudy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It would be nice to see some consistency in one or two of the lines and d pairings. Has to be hard to assess such a massive overhaul when you basically are just throwing them in a hat and rolling them out. BUT Dale knows his stuff........I kinda get VS playing a lot as most likely with Mete out he has to be our best Defender? On the OT Goal though I thought Bouchard looked gassed out there? 3 in 3 and the Soo being the third in 3 days, thanks to Parsons we got a point out of it.

So much talent we just need to find the right chemistry and roll 4 lines with 6 d and rack up the points. First place would be a real nice little extra to have in our back pocket.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder if slotting these two on the 3rd line would create any animosity given they're used to 1st line minutes

Really, you could call them 1A, 1B, etc....

I like those combos, although, I might be tempted to swap Formenton and Piccinich, in preparation for next year's lines.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ya..I liked that Kuokk/Pu/Jones line

Hey...here's an idea

Kuokk/Pu/Jones
Piccinich/Thomas/Miletic
Formenton/Stephens/Salituro
Carbonara/MacD/Tymkin/Foudy

For me, flip Omac for Thomas to create a shutdown line. Dale loves to lean on a checking unit if hes got the talent to pitone together and trust them.

Koukkanen/Pu/Jones
Thomas/Stephens/Salituro
Piccinich/Omac/Miletic
Carbonara/Foudy/Formenton

So many options n flexibilty thou. And we know well see a few different combos.

Stephens/Pu/Jones
Formenton/Thomas/Salituro
Piccinich/OMac/Carbonara
Koukkanen/Foudy/Miletic

Ok Im just going to stop now lol

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Patience

The Knights as usual will be in fine form.

Some huge additions to this team and as talented as they are need more games and practice time to learn and get used to systems. They need to get familiar with the nuances of the new players they are playing with just as the Knights players need to get used to the new guys.

My guess is that on Wednesday things will be noticeably improved and on Friday things will be finely tuned and after that they'll be lights out.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Parsons seems to have less control over rebounds, since he switched to those black pads ? When playing for Team USA, he wore different equipment, and the pads seemed to be "deader" and the shots just hit him and fell within his reach. The new black gear seems to be "stiffer" and the pucks rebound farther out. Maybe it's just a matter of breaking in the equipment, but he seemingly performed just a tad better in his older gear.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Purple..............you may be right.
Tyler was the best player against the Soo.
The Knights know it's essential that he gets plenty of rest and recovery to be at his very best for the play-offs.
Flint played very well against the Knights..................they played with passion.
The Knights were not sharp all weekend.
I'm sure Dale and the Coaching Staff is stressing the importance of Good Sleep-Rest and Healthy Food.
Training-Practise and Games one needs adequate recovery especially at a young age.
Some players have raised their game levels.
Others need to take note and make the appropriate adjustments to get back on track.
Knights still have the Best Winning Percentage in the OHL............756%.
First Goal: Best Record in the OHL and the #1 Seed............their on track.
New Players will get acquainted with their 'new homes.'
I think we'll see a much different Knights Team this week.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Deep breath everyone...

I know we're disappointed that our new 'super roster' did not lead us to victory against one of the top contenders in the West, but it's no real cause for concern. And, it's certainly no indictment on the deadline deals.
Would you prefer that we lose to Guelph or Saginaw? At least we lost to a very good team.
It's quite evident that the team needs time to gel, nowhere close to that yet.
Here's my rare display of optimism:
we lost deservingly to the Hounds (a very fast, skilled team) playing in our 3rd game in two and a half days, without our best d-man, and before the team has gelled. That Knights team that you saw yesterday is not going to be the one that you'll see come playoff time.
None of these things is an excuse for losing--all teams have to play 3 games in two and a half days throughout the season, and to repeat, we clearly deserved to lose yesterday. So, my post is not about making excuses, it's about drawing attention to the things that we can look forward to. I'm not worried by yesterday's loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad