London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Unimpressive win, but I'll take it. Overall kind of low quality hockey today, and hard to evaluate much cause it was such a mess of a game. Just a couple of thoughts

- Carbonara/OMac combo is good
- Pu is a lot less effective 5 on 5 without Max Jones
- Thought Turko had himself a nice game
- Crawley is probably getting a suspension
- London knows how to turn up the play late in the game

This team could use another high end forward, that can skate and handle the puck. I'll trade Foudy + 2nd + 3rd for Bracco - I don't think that's over payment, that's just standard payment for elite forwards. Bracco has holes in his game but I've been really impressed with his play at the WJC, and he would make our forward core a whole lot more dangerous.

4 points clear of Erie for the division lead. I'm sure they can't wait to get their guys back.

Mod: Previous thread link --> http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2151489

Last edited by a moderator:

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
5-3 win over Sarnia !

The only thing good about this game is the final score, what a horrible game by the Knights, they did not win this game, they have down right stole it. Bouchard, Mete and O Mac were the only one with any consistency, even with two goals it still was not Piccinich's best game.

Sarnia got into Knights heads and were ready to play, out working the Knights most of the game. the Knights overall better talents won the game for them. If this was Erie or Soo They would have lose this game. They must of have celebrated too much and too late last night, they were not ready or in this game at all, but we'll run away with the two points

I am however extremely please with Bouchard's play lately !!

I thought the Knights played well considering who was missing from the lineup, plus Crawley and Martenet both missing half the game due to penalties.
Carbonara is proving his worth more and more every game. Nice pickup by the Knights.
I look forward to getting Jones, Kuokkanen, Miletic and Juolevi back in the lineup. Not sure if a top 6 forward will be needed after that, but it will make them that much stronger if they do.
I like Mattinen's game. Obviously he won't win any foot races, but paired with Mete or Crawley he is a decent dman.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Agree on Turko..............very good skater with a high motor.
Formenton is playing 'play-off hockey' every game...........tough to play against.
He plays hard in all 3 zones..............smart, excellent speed with endurance.
#84 had another great game.............consistently very good.
Captain JJ gets 2 big goals and +2.
Bouchard #2:............was +4 with 2 Assists............excellent passer.
He has surprised me.........lots of poise........was a +4 today.
Martenet is playing gritty.............good fight............solid game..............+4.
OMac and Carbonara play well together..............both had a goal and assist today.
Carbonara's goal was excellent...............sweet move and nice finish!!
Not a pretty win but the Boys played hard for 2 important points.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I have not commented on Bracco yet, since so many have had their say on a potential trade, here is my say on him. If Bracco dresses for Erie, Windsor or the Soo it improves Knights chances to repeat again this year, if Bracco dresses for London they will be out by the second round ! I know many won't like this but that's my say on Bracco, he only uses the 100 foot ice surface in games and I don't care much for those players.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I have not commented on Bracco yet, since so many have had their say on a potential trade, here is my say on him. If Bracco dresses for Erie, Windsor or the Soo it improves Knights chances to repeat again this year, if Bracco dresses for London they will be out by the second round ! I know many won't like this but that's my say on Bracco, he only uses the 100 foot ice surface in games and I don't care much for those players.

I think if Bracco goes to Erie we are out by the second round. If he goes to Windsor, we loss, but if he stays in Kitchener we can repeat. If he comes to London, it will be all about him and we'll lose that "Everyone is in it" team chemistry.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Bracco: I like him.
But:
Is he the right fit for the London Knights?
imho............no.
Bracco is very talented especially on the Power Play.
Excellent Passer.........nice vision.
Complete Player.........no.
Bracco is limited in what Dale needs during the Play-Offs.
McKenzie and/or Stephens are the type of players who would fit nicely with the Knights.
Face-Offs, PK, PP and will check hard in tough match ups.
For the same cost or less..............McKenzie-Stephens are better choices.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Why exactly do we particularly need complete players?

Pu, Jones, Thomas, and Kuokkanen are all superb defensively. I honestly can't think of a forward on this team that I question their reliability defensively. What I think we lack is a game-breaking talent like we had last year in Marner. No one on the team comes close to Bracco in terms of passing (closest is Thomas).

Jones-Pu-Bracco
Kuokkanen-Thomas-Piccinich
Miletic-OMac-Carbonara
Some assortment of hockey players

That forward corps is OHL championship worthy IMO. I don't like spending assets on Stephens in particular because it's adding a right-shot centre when we have Pu, Thomas, and OMac. We'd be paying a premium price for a player that's not a need. Mckenzie wouldn't be a bad add for a left shot for faceoffs, but Bracco's still better.

Spinozzi or King--from what I saw--would both be great adds.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Pu, Jones, Thomas, and Kuokkanen are all superb defensively. I honestly can't think of a forward on this team that I question their reliability defensively. What I think we lack is a game-breaking talent like we had last year in Marner. No one on the team comes close to Bracco in terms of passing (closest is Thomas).

Jones-Pu-Bracco
Miletic-OMac-Carbonara

That forward corps is OHL championship worthy IMO. I don't like spending assets on Stephens in particular because it's adding a right-shot centre when we have Pu, Thomas, and OMac. We'd be paying a premium price for a player that's not a need. Mckenzie wouldn't be a bad add for a left shot for faceoffs, but Bracco's still better.

Agreed. Bracco offers an element of dynamic skating and puck handling ability that nobody else on this team has.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Jones-Pu-Bracco
Miletic-OMac-Carbonara

Exactly the lineup I'd love to see. That 3rd line would be awesome.
Doubt we'll see any change on the D though

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Exactly the lineup I'd love to see. That 3rd line would be awesome.
Doubt we'll see any change on the D though

You are hearing the Knights players constantly saying "we take care of our own end first". That's why they are successful and other teams with players the likes to Bracco on their teams are not.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I'm glad people are warming up to the Bracco idea. For a while I was one of the few. People said I was crazy for what it would cost to get him...turns out I don't think I'm far off...see what Korostelev cost?
I realize there was more to it than just him.
Going back to a thought I had at the start of the year, I'd love to get Middleton on our D. Cost might be inflated a bit but I think it would be worthwhile.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Unimpressive win, but I'll take it. Overall kind of low quality hockey today, and hard to evaluate much cause it was such a mess of a game. Just a couple of thoughts

- Carbonara/OMac combo is good
- Pu is a lot less effective 5 on 5 without Max Jones
- Thought Turko had himself a nice game
- Crawley is probably getting a suspension
- London knows how to turn up the play late in the game

This team could use another high end forward, that can skate and handle the puck. I'll trade Foudy + 2nd + 3rd for Bracco - I don't think that's over payment, that's just standard payment for elite forwards. Bracco has holes in his game but I've been really impressed with his play at the WJC, and he would make our forward core a whole lot more dangerous.

4 points clear of Erie for the division lead. I'm sure they can't wait to get their guys back.

Forget it London isn't trading Foudy, if they do I will be shell shocked

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'd have to agree with this, his rebound control has been awful which is why teams are getting so many shots on him.

Yup. First goal he gave a pretty bad rebound, third goal he misplayed the puck. He also looked poor against Oshawa, but it was sandwiched between a great performance on New Years Eve.

I thought Johnson was much better early on in the season. Wonder if we pick up a backup.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Yup. First goal he gave a pretty bad rebound, third goal he misplayed the puck. He also looked poor against Oshawa, but it was sandwiched between a great performance on New Years Eve.

I thought Johnson was much better early on in the season. Wonder if we pick up a backup.

I don't know why we don't just play Kooy until Parsons is back. He might be 16 but has looked spectacular

DeweyFinn

Dec 31, 2016
London, ON
I don't know why we don't just play Kooy until Parsons is back. He might be 16 but has looked spectacular

the next 2 games are against Windsor, on the road tuesday and then Sudbury at home on friday. i think we see Kooy in one of the games, most likely for the Sudbury game.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
I think if Bracco goes to Erie we are out by the second round. If he goes to Windsor, we loss, but if he stays in Kitchener we can repeat. If he comes to London, it will be all about him and we'll lose that "Everyone is in it" team chemistry.
Knights will not pay the price for Bracco

He's played sheltered games against bottom feeders. I like his pedigree...but let's not anoint him the next coming right yet. Johnson is more than capable. He needs the reps...not Kooy

On the Bracco pipe dream...I think there are better fits for the lineup...but I also thought that before they sold the farm to get Tavares. Not sold on acquiring player's who change the entire dynamic and chemistry of your team.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

It so much easy to blame the back puck-stopper.

London are too relax coming back for the puck on PP icings. they drag their feet while opposing players rushes in to be first and creating havocs. Can't wait for Jones to come back, they hardly have any intensity without him in the lineup and are much too relax on power plays. Don't blame the puck-stopper when the mistakes are done long before the puck gets to him, just before on the same power play he tried a headman pass at the blue line Thomas had to wait for Piccinich to clear the zone. The puck had time to travel back to Johnson and on to Thomas and we still have players in the offensive zone, they have got to show more urgency to their power plays (both ways).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad