London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Let's give credit where credit is due. The Hounds are a strong team and have a solid chance to win the OHL title

Like I wrote in my comment; " they have a very good and fast team" every team has a chance to win the OHL title, but do I think the Hounds are evenly matched to the Knights, my answer to this is NO

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I am afraid you will be in for a rude awakening once the Knights get going, have all their players in their lineup and are well rested. I didn't see anything from the Greyhounds that would place them on even terms to the Knights, very fortunate by the Hounds in today's game and they have a very good and fast team but they are not evenly match to the Knights at all.

Can honestly say what you want but I guess it's fair to say also we'll never truly see these two teams play each other in top form unless we see each other in playoffs....even our game on March 19th is sure to have top players rested as it's the last game of the regular season

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Who cares about the attendance? 4,000 is plenty. This thread is pretty lame at times

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
Who cares about the attendance? 4,000 is plenty. This thread is pretty lame at times

I agree. The criticism of the attendance at the game in SSM this afternoon is incredibly petty and immature. One thing to express surprise or even concern at the attendance, but to continually criticize the team and/or city is very condescending.

Sounds like both teams played a great game! I wish I could see more Western Conference games but I'm stuck living in an Eastern Conference city these days. Hope it goes down to the wire!

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
The population of London is irrelevant to the discussion. The game is not in London, it's in the Soo. There are roughly 2000 fans in the rink for a game between the top 2 teams in the OHL . This falls squarely on the Greyhounds marketing department. There are creative ways to get fans in the seats. If the economy is as decimated as you say then the marketing department has missed a huge opportunity to put some positive news in the community
Looks like London isnt a big draw in the Soo :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can honestly say what you want but I guess it's fair to say also we'll never truly see these two teams play each other in top form unless we see each other in playoffs....even our game on March 19th is sure to have top players rested as it's the last game of the regular season

If they are evenly matched as suggested earlier then we're likely to see each other in the division finals unless some other teams are better and knocks off both of teams out before we're to meet in that final.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009

I agree. The criticism of the attendance at the game in SSM this afternoon is incredibly petty and immature. One thing to express surprise or even concern at the attendance, but to continually criticize the team and/or city is very condescending.

Sounds like both teams played a great game! I wish I could see more Western Conference games but I'm stuck living in an Eastern Conference city these days. Hope it goes down to the wire!

:handclap:

Seats looke pretty full from what I saw. Fans were excited to see a good game. The Soo outplayed London for the most part.

Unfortunately, when London faces competition, some fans can get insecure about meaningless things to reassure themselves of their own team or city. Nothing new here.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
but i dont think we asked for your opinion

Funny, Greyhounds poster makes a ridiculous and factually incorrect statement about Tyler Parsons in the Soo forum, gets called out on it and Knights fans are called trolls and told to go back to their own forum.

Then one of those Knights fans gets told that they shouldn't post their opinion in the Knights forum .

So where should we post? The Storm forum?

louis

Apr 3, 2014
The London goalie was excellent and deserved 2nd star. The rest of the London team...Meh.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

I expressed surprise and concern one time. And then I got called out on it so I backed up my statement. And I'll point out that one who called me out eventually agreed with my assessment. If you disagree with the assessment please feel free to present your case.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Saaaaaad London fans act just like their players and coach when they lose eh?

Great game today. Parsons was phenomenal. I hope Hunter and the boys enjoy the long bus ride home.

Last edited:

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Saaaaaad London fans act just like their players when they lose...

Great game today. Parsons was phenomenal. I hope Hunter and the boys enjoy the long bus ride home.

2012 OHL Champions
2013 OHL Champions
2016 OHL Champions 2016 Memorial Cup Champions!!!

MIC DROP!!!!!
:popcorn:

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Where was Jones in the OT. Thought he would have seen some ice.

2012 OHL Champions
2013 OHL Champions

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Where was Jones in the OT. Thought he would have seen some ice.

2012 OHL Champions
2013 OHL Champions

You guys didn't seem to use many different players, definitely shortened the bench. I could be wrong but I recall Vande Somple played a good portion of OT on D.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
These were the main players I saw @ OT
MVS..............solid game...........he's adjusting to the Knights and team-mates.
Robbie Thomas.............been mentally and physically ready every game.
Cliff Pu......... speed merchant has lots of skill.
Bouchard............maybe the most improved Knight this season.
JJ...........he is a complete player @ 110% effort every shift
Olli...........excellent game...........beautiful goal.
Crawley............nice to see him back............solid game.
After a long road trip the boys played very well.
Dale plays the ones who deserve the ice time at that game..............that's only fair.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I forgot:
Formenton...............one of the fastest in the O............Big Heart!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The 2nd Half for the Knights will be exciting:
1. Dante Salituro is a sniper similar to Aaron Berisha.
He's a very determined hard worker............fits in very well with Dale.
We will see him get quicker with higher endurance levels in the next few weeks.
2. Mitchell Stephens is a high end World Class Player.
He'll make the necessary adjustments in his new home as a Knight.
3. Tyler Parsons was the best player in today's game. He needs to have time to rest and recovery in defending the Memorial Cup.
"Losing in OT sucks.†said Parsons, “But at least we got a point out of it.â€
3. Jonesy ha been dominant since being back.
He's playing smart and skating away from skirmishes..............most of the time. ;)
He's a big part of this team..............needs to be on the ice.
Morris Dalla Costa Article:
“I’m so excited to be back. It’s been a long time,†Jones said.
“With the addition of the guys who got traded here, I’m looking forward to get in the ice with them.
It’s good to be back playing. Practising is one thing but getting a chance to play is pretty special.â€
“When things happen, it kind of defines my character. You get knocked down,
it just shows how much you are willing to get back up and put in the work to get back.
It really defines character.â€
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/01/13/dalla-costa-roads-to-recovery-reach-end-on-same-night

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
London lost. Kudos SSM. They earned it, n Knights are left wondering what happened lol.

As I said to the people I sit with after we went down 2-1, it was a hell of a hockey game regardless of whether we won or lost. As for London not being a big draw, that may be the case attendance wise, but that's been discussed. However I'd confidently there isn't a regular season game that gets the Essar louder than games against the Knights. It's usually quiet as a morgue. :D

Good luck down the stretch, will enjoy seeing how the second half plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad