London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Just in case the attendance figure for the Soo- London contest this afternoon needs to be confirmed the game sheet shows 3992.
In the past, the average attendance was usually in the 4200 range.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Flames fan here.

I know Parsons has only played like 18 games so far this season but how has he looked? I have no way of watching OHL games because I don't have OHL Live (unless anyone knows of any other options) so I can only judge him based on his numbers but I know putting too much into numbers can be blinding. Has he looked as great as his numbers make him out to be? I watched every single USA game during the WJC and I was very impressed with what I saw.

Thanks in advance!

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
fair to say whoever wins today, both teams are pretty evenly matched despite London's recent pickups at the deadline

Evenly matched in this game. This team hasn't gelled yet, time will tell. They weren't setting the world on fire in the last two games against Saginaw. Plus London is without their best defenseman.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Only watch bits and pieces of this game but have to give credit to Parsons who kept the Knights in this one, Senyshyn with the hatty and Hounds take this in OT. See you guys on March 19th!

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Only watch bits and pieces of this game but have to give credit to Parsons who kept the Knights in this one, Senyshyn with the hatty and Hounds take this in OT. See you guys on March 19th!

Third game in 2 1/2 days and the team has the flu running through it and they still need to gel. With all those factors, 5 out of 6 points is good that way and i'll take it!! :popcorn:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I'm amazed how much energy the Knights had in the 3rd period.

5 out of 6 for the weekend can't complain. Coincidentally I thought the 2nd and 3rd goals for the Soo looked like flat footed and tired defenseman out there. And yes Mete is a noticeable "miss" when he is not back there.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Why did the Knights use 2 dmen for most of the overtime? No Salituro or Stephens out there?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Flames fan here.

I know Parsons has only played like 18 games so far this season but how has he looked? I have no way of watching OHL games because I don't have OHL Live (unless anyone knows of any other options) so I can only judge him based on his numbers but I know putting too much into numbers can be blinding. Has he looked as great as his numbers make him out to be? I watched every single USA game during the WJC and I was very impressed with what I saw.

Thanks in advance!

The goalie you saw at the WJC is what you have drafted. He is the real McCoy and should unless he hits a speed bump in his second half be looking for more of a challenge next season. Not sure if he has to go directly to the NHL or back to the OHL, but he should be sent where he will get real minutes to continue to develop. Bottom line if you liked what you saw than you should be a happy camper!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights played 3rd game in 2.5 days including 8-10 hours of travel and lack of sleep.
Tyler Parsons was amazing...............The Best on the Ice!!
Who did Dale play the most today?
Not in any particular order:
Crawley
Olli
Bouchard
Cliff Pu
Robbie Thomas
Jonesy
JJ
Sam
Formenton
MVS
Other than MVS, Dale has trust in the 'core original group.'
They look in much better shape and quicker.
I like #96 Dante Salituo...............2 Goals in 3 games............works hard
#67 Mitchell Stephens............what's going on with Mitchell?
Is he injured-tired or maybe not in the best of shape.
He looks very sluggish out there.....not complaining......I know he's good.
Anyone else notice this?

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Knights played 3rd game in 2.5 days including 8-10 hours of travel and lack of sleep.
Tyler Parsons was amazing...............The Best on the Ice!!
Who did Dale play the most today?
Not in any particular order:
Crawley
Olli
Bouchard
Cliff Pu
Robbie Thomas
Jonesy
JJ
Sam
Formenton
MVS
Other than MVS, Dale has trust in the 'core original group.'
They look in much better shape and quicker.
I like #96 Dante Salituo...............2 Goals in 3 games............works hard
#67 Mitchell Stephens............what's going on with Mitchell?
Is he injured-tired or maybe not in the best of shape.
He looks very sluggish out there.....not complaining......I know he's good.
Anyone else notice this?

Stephens could still be nursing that ankle injury he suffered at the WJC

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Seems to be something that's hitting every team, Hounds were dealing with this last week themselves

Yes, no excuses. The Knights could and should have had this game. That being said, Montague is pretty excited about the Hounds being 3-0. No playoff games will end 3 on 3 or in a shootout.
Entertaining game to watch. The Knights need to find some chemistry with their lines. I know Dale likes everyone playing with each other, but some chemistry needs to be developed too.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It was a fairly decent game 3-2 OT loss and 3 in Two and half days! We'll take it.

The best defense IMO is puck control. I understand being tired and wanting to protect a 2-1 lead with 28 seconds left in the game. Your players are getting a timeout rest, you know your opponents is going to push hard. And your team is protecting the middle wavings sticks, the result a 2-2 tie with 16 seconds in the game. You have got to go in push hard yourself take puck control or prevent your opponents from taking puck control or setting up. Maybe I am wrong but the scores sure proves other wise !!!

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
fair to say whoever wins today, both teams are pretty evenly matched despite London's recent pickups at the deadline

I am afraid you will be in for a rude awakening once the Knights get going, have all their players in their lineup and are well rested. I didn't see anything from the Greyhounds that would place them on even terms to the Knights, very fortunate by the Hounds in today's game and they have a very good and fast team but they are not evenly match to the Knights at all.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I am afraid you will be in for a rude awakening once the Knights get going, have all their players in their lineup and are well rested. I didn't see anything from the Greyhounds that would place them on even terms to the Knights, very fortunate by the Hounds in today's game and they have a very good and fast team but they are not evenly match to the Knights at all.

Let's give credit where credit is due. The Hounds are a strong team and have a solid chance to win the OHL title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad