London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Even if Milano and/or Werenski could join, would we want them to?
I for one couldn't be happier with the way the Knights have consistently improved up to this point.
They are in the right form at the right time firing on all cylinders.
Lets play the hand we are dealt.
Any additions or injuries could really screw with the chemistry on the ice at this point.
Thinking about the adjustment time that US players need jumping to the CHL. (Zach)

Besides those points, I can already hear the Knight haters screaming and see the countless posts on this board if one or both jumped in.

I don't think Milano would be an issue, it seems like Jones, Berisha, Pu, Piccinich, Bernhardt, and Sherwood are all interchangeable between 2 lines, I could see Milano bumping Sherwood for those minutes, plus once Yak gets suspended again, Jones slides to the OMac line and a spot opens up anyway.

I would take an adjusting Zach in a heartbeat over a couple players on our blueline (even with the recent play), most players needing adjustment time come from the USHL/NTDP, Zach has been playing NCAA for 2 years and competed against the best in the world at the WJC. Players seems to be able to make the jump from that to the NHL with little issue, I wouldn't forsee the O being a problem.

Again, I don't think Zach is even eligible and can't see the point of sending Milano at this point.

Jeffy3535

Feb 18, 2015
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juni...-knights-greatest-goal-2015-16-hockey-season/

In this article breaking down "the goal" by Marner, the writer described him as "cocky." There's nothing wrong with that, especially if you're destined to be a professional athlete, but I just never got that vibe in any games I've seen or quick interviews I've heard. What he did at the Aud for that little boy during the 3-stars ceremony was one of the most humble things I've seen at a junior rink in a while.

Just curious if there's any truth to that. Poor word choice by the writer either way.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I don't get that vibe from Marner. He is certainly confident but have seen him on several occasions go out of his way to make fans ( especially kids ) day. I can see where old school people would call him cocky from some of the celebrations and whatnot but I chalk that up to a kid enjoying a game he is particularly gifted at.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Even if Milano and/or Werenski could join, would we want them to?
I for one couldn't be happier with the way the Knights have consistently improved up to this point.
They are in the right form at the right time firing on all cylinders.
Lets play the hand we are dealt.
Any additions or injuries could really screw with the chemistry on the ice at this point.
Thinking about the adjustment time that US players need jumping to the CHL. (Zach)

Besides those points, I can already hear the Knight haters screaming and see the countless posts on this board if one or both jumped in.

I would want Werenski. They would solidify the Knights top 4. Nobody would we an issues in the playoffs with Werenski around.

Again it could be a signing for next year. CBJ would be smart to park Werenski here next year.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I would want Werenski. They would solidify the Knights top 4. Nobody would we an issues in the playoffs with Werenski around.

Again it could be a signing for next year. CBJ would be smart to park Werenski here next year.

He's had two successful seasons in the NCAA, including as a 17 year old. Why would CBJ then send him to junior to play against younger competition? More to the point, why would Werenski agree to sign with CBJ if they were going to assign him to London?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Martenent has been playing well the past 3 months or so.
His quickness and timing was off when he came to London in September. He's an octopus on ice.
Zach Werenski:
If he signed the OHL would know about it. U of Michigan are #7 Ranked in the NCAA.
Many of the boys know him and appreciate what a player of his quality could do for the Knights. He would be a
very welcome addition even though the D-Men have been solid for the past 20 games or so.
Zach will probably play in the NHL next season.
Article from 2015 before the NHL Draft.
"I can't tell you how close he is to playing in the NHL, but I can tell you that for his age he's definitely
one of the top players around," Michigan coach Red Berenson said.
"He's such a cool, calm and collected player," NHL Central Scouting's Greg Rajanen said of Werenski.
"He's the type of player you have to watch a little closely to realize how good he is.
He's smart, always in the right spot, moves the puck and makes all the plays. But not in a 'wow' sort of
way like Hanifin does. At the next level Werenski will be a really a good player who will produce points and be solid defensively."
https://www.nhl.com/news/michigans-werenski-has-mature-game-of-older-player/c-763229

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He's had two successful seasons in the NCAA, including as a 17 year old. Why would CBJ then send him to junior to play against younger competition? More to the point, why would Werenski agree to sign with CBJ if they were going to assign him to London?

Exactly, it's a non starter.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juni...-knights-greatest-goal-2015-16-hockey-season/

In this article breaking down "the goal" by Marner, the writer described him as "cocky." There's nothing wrong with that, especially if you're destined to be a professional athlete, but I just never got that vibe in any games I've seen or quick interviews I've heard. What he did at the Aud for that little boy during the 3-stars ceremony was one of the most humble things I've seen at a junior rink in a while.

Just curious if there's any truth to that. Poor word choice by the writer either way.

He loves the game and it shows. He came out to a practice we had had last year and in no way did he show any cockiness. He worked harder than any of our kids, finished every drill as a pro would do, but had fun doing it.
He didn't show any attitude at all that night, just respect for the game. No idea what he's like other than that.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014

Pure and simple. The schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad