London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightsFanSince98

Mar 8, 2016
London
I don't think Williams is burnt at all. Saw him play last week vs Niagara and thought he was tremendous, but his defense didn't clear 2 rebounds and blew it for him. He has actually played solid in majority of games recently. Looks the same to me as early in year. But the defense has been less than stingy. And with playoffs I expect Erie to raise their physicality and game. I could be naive but I have to believe they will. with full health this is a team that has 8 of top 9 forwards and 3 of top 4 defenders + Williams that all played in finals last year. They know the playoff grind. And after learning it in 2013-14 in the loss to Guelph, they learned how to raise their playoff game. They aren't burned out in my view just think they got complacent.

I've seen enough this year to say London and Erie should represent the west in finals. I think Erie is the only team that can beat London in a series. Kitchener, even if they get healthy, hasn't shown consistency. Windsor is too young and I don't think Sarnia is that great of a team. Now any one of these teams could win any series I guess but I just don't expect Sarnia or Windsor to win 3 straight series and even Kitchener (unless they get fully healthy and get hot fast).

My prediction may seem a bit homerish (after I read it this morning). Personally I am tired of the Otters beating us up for the last 2 years. (bad Karma perhaps). My prediction is based on what I have seen in the last 6 weeks. Im not taking anything away from the Otters. Being the lead dog for most of the season does take its toll mentally. They have been ranked #1 96% of the season for a reason, However; I am hoping for a western conference clash between the Knights / Otters. we can definately agree one one thing. Playoffs are gonna be great this year. I can't wait for it to start.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Confirmed. Game is now in Saginaw.
Will this affect TV coverage tonight?
Rather short notice.....

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Prior to this season, many posters / forecasters had high expectations for the Knights. 3 games to go & still in the battle for 1st. Regardless of the outcome, the regular season has been quite a success and has been fun to watch. More positives than negatives.

Open questions to all:

1. How far do the Knights go should they lock down 1st?
2. How far do the Knights go should they finish 3rd?

I totally understand that injuries, suspensions, could alter outcomes so to make things simple, let's pretend there will be no Knights injuries / suspensions :popcorn:

As you rightly say injuries and suspensions will play a part in this.

Experience and Discipline are two key factors, things that OHL non experienced players may struggle with. A lot of these players however were big name players before they got to London so I would expect they have lots of big game experience.

I hope we get Erie in the West Final and it's a pickum in my eyes. Erie won't be taking any stupid penalties so our PP may not be a big a part of this series. If I was betting money goes to the team with home ice. Go Knights Go looking good at a great time of the year. We need home ice or somebody to knock out Erie!

DirtyGino

Oct 8, 2014
I think London goes all the way this year. I'm more worried about Kingston than Iam Erie. However I think with all of the role players we have now that we can overcome anything. We have the best goaltender in Parsons, best scoring in Marner-Dvorak-Chuck-Berisha, two of the best D in Mete-Olli, the best powerplay/ pentalty kill and I believe in Omac, Jones, Yak, Heff, and Picc that we have some of the best grinders/agitators in the league. I think we're built well and it will show come playoff time. With that said the only way we play good is if everyone is working hard, skating fast, and Parsons is on his game. Let's get #1 and not look back :yo:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
x2.

Let us know how you make out, and I don't give a "rat's ass" (as someone likes to say) how long it takes you type! ;)
You don't want me taking over your job as moderator (in fact, only Otto seems to be ok with it!) :)

For the record, I have no issues with the way PP31 moderates this forum.. I just think with Nelli in charge it would be fun to watch .. almost Trump-esque :)

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Just looking at Prospects Hockey's list of the top 210 OHL prospects. Looks like the Knights may have another sleeper. 11th round pick Alex Formenton is ranked 29th overall. Other Knight prospects ranked are Brody Tkachuk (2nd), Finn Evans-3rd round pick (14th), Ian Blacker (21st), Max Vinogradov-6th round pick (77th), Cole Tymkin-5th round pick (95th), Jordan DiCicco-10th round pick (115th), Noah Jordan-8th round pick in 13 (128th), Dakota Miskolczi-5th round pick in 14 (130th) and Nicholas Stuckless-7th round pick in 14 (179th).

Not ranked from last year's draft are Jeff Clarke-6th round, Alex Turko-8th round, Marc Shannon-9th round, Sean Dhooghe-13th round, Liam Dennison-14th round and Jacob Golden-15th round.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
All four lines have a goal. This is what you want to see.

Time to coast the rest of the way.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Burke now in net for London.. this should put to rest the comments about the coaching staff favouring individual achievements over team goals.... it won't.. but it should.

I don't think the coaches do, but the players sure looked like they were tonight. I don't think I have ever seen our top line try so hard to get DVO the puck. That's fine in what looked like an exhibition game tonight, as long as they get back to business Friday night.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
WESTERN CONFERENCE

G W L OTL SOL PTS
1. London Knights 66 50 13 2 1 103

[look down]

:bb: [keep going]

:dm: [a little further]

G W L OTL SOL PTS
3. Erie Otters 65 50 14 1 0 101

:clap:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If I'm not mistaken if Erie loses tomorrow regardless of regulation we will only have to split with them.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights Win.................3rd of 5

Very nice Team effort for the Boys tonight.
All 4 Lines look solid...........everyone knows their roles.
The D Pairings are also very good...............fits like a glove!
Everyone played a smart team game.
DVO & OMac were around 80% on the Face-Offs tonight.
Several players were +2 & +3 in this game.
JJ & Mattie T score 2 Goals each and both are close to the 30 Goal mark.
Tyler is in Play-Off form.................good move by Dale to rest him.
Boys have been very disciplined with their aggressive play.
Lots of Fluids and Rest for Friday & Saturday!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If I'm not mistaken if Erie loses tomorrow regardless of regulation we will only have to split with them.

I think you would be correct. This late season push on Erie has been valuable for a relatively inexperienced group of OHLers. Really shows the youngsters how good they can be as a team. And never hurts to create a little panic in Erie. Regardless of what they say 1st place should have been put away by them several games ago. Even if they hang on push them to a tie breaker and let them know "we're comin for ya".

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Speedy recovery PP but don't push it. Tendons are slow to heal but keep the circulation going just moving the pinkies if you can. It was a good team effort and I like the way the boys are playing and hopefully we can win two more regular season tilts and move on to the playoffs on a high note. Go Knights Go. Can't wait until Friday night. Is it me or does Pu look faster playing with Jonesy and Berisha. I really like how Sherwood, Berhardt and Heffernan cycle the puck and forecheck. McDonald,JJ and Yak are a hard working lunch pail line and I am impressed the way this team has gelled and kudos to Basil for not screwing too much with the chemistry. The moves he made llok pretty frigging good with what he gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad