London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
PP31

You and London Free Press say 7 regulars out of the lineup last night,,Jones,Tkachuk, Berisha,MacDonald, Heffernan, Juolevi.Who's the 7th?
Unless you are counting Miletic,the teams 14th forward.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Thought Thomas and Bouchard looked good last night. Dvo seemed to struggle and I am certain Tyler would like a mulligan for his performance as there were about three he would like to have back I am sure. We were supposed to lose last night because we were short all the players but overall I thought the boys didn't play that bad. I think Dylan was out coached and Reid was Reid so the result is about right I guess. The hook/slash against Sherwood that lead to 2nd goal and Dylan Strome's leaping dive that got the Marner call had the crowd upset and Erie had 6 or more players on the ice at least 3-4 times but those were never called and especially the no call against Sherwood might have made a difference. Don't know if that would have made a difference but after the 2nd goal the Knights seemed flat for quite a while after that.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Complaining about the refs is getting old... Yes Sherwood should have been called but the next shift Crawley( I think) mugged and tackled an Otter behind the net and didn't get called. Diving is diving... both teams did it. The refs missed calls both ways it happens. I thought they were going to let them play and only call major stuff.

one timer

Dec 8, 2015
London
Agree with poster comments about last nights game. e.g. Erie a very good team, Erie plays to their strengths, well coached, definitely not a game to gauge how we currently stack up against them due to our 7 missing players, worrisome that we haven't beaten them in a long time, nice that Bouchard scored his first two.

A few comments:

While Parsons was off his typical solid game, it still scares me when Burke gets put in. Brutal giveaway on Burke's 1st goal against.

Thought Bouchard's 2nd goal impressive...puck on end...surprised he even hits the net but he does and scores to boot. Having said that, does anyone else find Bouchard a bit too nonchalant out there...or does he just have a lot of confidence?

Like how Graves uses his body to shield the puck to give him an extra second or two to separate himself from opposing player...and then make the smart play.

Wish for Mete's sake and hockey future that he could grow another 4 inches AND put on the 20 pounds that come with the 4 inches. Such a great skater with great ability but larger players too easily able to separate him from the puck.

Agree with the post about Pu...great skater but needs to develop a finishing touch. I think he eventually will, once his hands and mind catches up with his feet / legs...but I'm not optimistic it will be this year....though still hoping by playoffs. Nice to see him finally get a little pissed off out there & give Hopkins a quick shot to the face in a scrum.

Bernhardt a good skater and made a couple nifty plays but not a physical guy... would like to see him be more involved in general.

Piccinich and Sherwood both have much ability but typically leave me wanting more out of their play...can't quite put my finger on what it is about each...

From 20 games on, typically liking Yak's effort out there and wishing him some puck luck to match his effort.

Thomas has a bright future with the Knights.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Wasn't complaining about referees JL-17 just stating a turning point in my opinion. If we get the deserved call on the Sherwood play do they score shorthanded or maybe we score on the power play to make it 1-1? They let a lot worse stuff go then the Marner hooking and Strome did dive to embellish the call in my opinion which made it a terrible call to put us 2 men down. I think if they sent them both fine but instead they score a PP goal. Knights probably wouldn't have won anyway the way the game went but just saying what I observed from where my butt sat and the reaction of those in my end of the rink.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Mike Farwell, the Rangers' play by play guy, spent nearly 10 minutes on the radio crying about the "favouritism" he thinks the league gives the Knights: http://www.570news.com/2016/01/30/t...ut-the-spitfires-at-don-cameron-potato-night/

What can you say.....he's a media guy which means he either...
a) says stuff to get a reaction.
b) says stuff that he doesn't truly believe but still looking to get an reaction. (could be in this case)
Media ppl for honesty rates right there with lawyers!
Farwell is an attention junkie....say no more.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Kobe1468

Jan 1, 2014
Mossley, On
Mike Farwell, the Rangers' play by play guy, spent nearly 10 minutes on the radio crying about the "favouritism" he thinks the league gives the Knights: http://www.570news.com/2016/01/30/t...ut-the-spitfires-at-don-cameron-potato-night/

He's been on Twitter for the last week with this. Thinks Jones is a dirty player, yet mentioned nothing about Spinozzi's play. Our great RyPy has been going back and forth with him as well. It's been a pretty funny exchange. Farwell now states he's more disgruntled with the OHL(more than with the Knights). If interested, reread his tweets going back a week. He was all over Hunter and Jones. Not unexpected, I'd guess!

Edit: I had originally said a week+, but not true. Guess it just seems like it, my bad!

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The amount of times he used "mind-numbing" in his little rant was hilarious. The only thing mind-numbing was his complete mispostrayal of facts.

The slew-foots were a joke, but he used them to antagonize the Knights and act is if it's been something ongoing, even though the league looked into it and found there was nothing.

The funniest part is that he tries to act like the Knights started this from their dirty slewfooting antics from previous games, and it "boiled over" today.

It started because Spinozzi cross-checked Jones - why was that not mentioned?

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Made the trip to the WFCU for the game, this ceremony for Ellis can hurry up lol. Hopefully a good bounce back from the boys tonight! Lemieux always stepped up his game against us with the Colts, wonder if he has the same spark with the Spits....hope not.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
The amount of times he used "mind-numbing" in his little rant was hilarious. The only thing mind-numbing was his complete mispostrayal of facts.

The slew-foots were a joke, but he used them to antagonize the Knights and act is if it's been something ongoing, even though the league looked into it and found there was nothing.

The funniest part is that he tries to act like the Knights started this from their dirty slewfooting antics from previous games, and it "boiled over" today.

It started because Spinozzi cross-checked Jones - why was that not mentioned?

Okay I'll be the one...what does this mean ?

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Made the trip to the WFCU for the game, this ceremony for Ellis can hurry up lol. Hopefully a good bounce back from the boys tonight! Lemieux always stepped up his game against us with the Colts, wonder if he has the same spark with the Spits....hope not.

The loss PLUS extra bodies should be enough to drive the Knights team to a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad