London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I agree with everything you've said. But there's a chance we won't see Marner in 16-17, and Dvorak will be gone as well. I always looked at those two as the key guys to the future contending teams.

The young forwards London have right now don't exactly scream future high-end guys, either.

Good post. I think you're right in pointing out that it's unlikely that our young forwards will evolve into the high end talent that we're used to seeing in London (excluding Marner, and perhaps Rymsha-- but we shall see). Let's hope Max Jones shows up next season. As well, I'd be surprised if the Hunters do not use their first round pick in the 2015 draft and their 2015 Import pick to acquire two (projected) goal scorers.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
They have stopped showing the out of town scores in Guelph this year as well. They announce them over the P.A. before the start of each period but have not shown them on the scoreboard? League mandated change?

Erie's been showing them on the scoreboard during intermission

Kobe1468

Jan 1, 2014
Mossley, On
Elie

I noticed his name gone from the roster this past Saturday(replaced by Warren and Grz)

Thought maybe it had to do with trade( so he could play with his bro). But honestly don't know.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
On Elie - I can confirm he is listed as not being on the roster anymore. Not sure if it's part of a trade or just not part of the team anymore.

As far as the young guys playing in Erie. It looked to me like a few players were being "showcased" for a possible trade in the future. Just saying that's what it looked like to me.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Here’s the issue: Zadorov, as a European, can’t be sent back to the London Knights, his junior team, because he doesn’t have a release from the Russian club that owns his rights. The Sabres don’t believe Zadorov’s ready to play in the NHL yet. But if they don’t keep him, they lose control of him to St. Petersburg, a KHL team.

I am usually pretty on top of the CBA and transfer agreements but I don't quite understand this. How does a KHL team that Zadorov has never played for own his rights over London?

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Here’s the issue: Zadorov, as a European, can’t be sent back to the London Knights, his junior team, because he doesn’t have a release from the Russian club that owns his rights. The Sabres don’t believe Zadorov’s ready to play in the NHL yet. But if they don’t keep him, they lose control of him to St. Petersburg, a KHL team.

I am usually pretty on top of the CBA and transfer agreements but I don't quite understand this. How does a KHL team that Zadorov has never played for own his rights over London?

Could be in a contract he signed before he left Russia to join London. Glodbin had it in his contract that it was 2 years in the OHL and done for him and he had that he could play in Finland. Zadorov situation sounds to be the same. My only think I thought it was a different team he maybe released to.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
OHLInsiders ‏@OHLinsiders 15m15 minutes ago

I'm 90% sure Brandon Hope will be a London Knight within the next couple days. #OHL #Knights #Attack

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Please don't tell me this is true there is nothing wrong with our goaltending lets not waste picks. also i think Zadorov does very back as well as bo. why did the knights clear our impart spot and keep zad on the roster if this wasn't happening also the knights and bufulo have been talking. Bo is not going to beat nzfout vey for a spot but should get some games.

And for the record mark did an amazing job at dealing welychcka

Last edited:

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Please don't tell me this is true there is nothing wrong with our goaltending lets not waste picks. also i think Zadorov does very back as well as bo. why did the knights clear our impart spot and keep zad on the roster if this wasn't happening also the knights and bufulo have been talking. Bo is not going to beat nzfout vey for a spot but should get some games.

And for the record mark did an amazing job at dealing welychcka

Hope would be an upgrade to their current goaltending. I tend to look at career norms instead of a couple good games and Hope is clearly superior to Giugovaz. It's not my first choice but who says London would trade draft picks? There's an excess of D on the roster and considering London's been after a Plymouth D, it wouldn't surprise me to see 2 D leave London soon. There are ways to get creative with trades and nothing Mark does would shock me. The Hunters have never really been happy with their goaltending after Houser graduated. They don't want to destroy Parsons.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
One thing on Hope. You keep him until the trade deadline and sell him off. Buy low sell high. There will be a bunch of "contenders" that will be looking to shore up their goaltending. Could get a couple of 2nds at the deadline. The key here would be to get him at a low enough price to make a deadline deal work. Hope would help settle down the team and Parsons. Asking a rookie to start as a #1 is tough. Hope would help bridge the gag. It would help the confidence of the entire Knights team. Can't play D all night and expect to win. Well unless your a Stan Butler team.

Don't kid yourself re-build or not you always want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad