London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

I think someone has a personal vendetta. Epitome of grasping straws Knightsfan7..sorry. Nothing there is the definition of trolling.

There's a 0 percent chance you read that entire post in a minute and a half. Probably less, the post time was 2 minutes, so to glance, see I posted, then to reply, all in under 2 minutes...

I take the time to get your proof, hell, in half the things I posted, YOU personally argued with the guy.

Just awful, and this is why you don't see new posters coming to this forum, it's the same group of about a dozen veterans, it won't change.

It clearly breaks rule #2

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

Again, he's gotten better, that's this new thread, which is like a month old.

Even in the last Knights thread two months ago it was FAR FAR worse, and in the thread before that, it was even worse.

How many chances does the guy get? He has absolutely no other goal but to piss people off in this thread...

So people have posted here saying he's a veteran and so it's okay.. why exactly? Ares post saying there's going to be people like that in life so you have to deal with it.. this is a forum, with set rules, and moderators to enforce them. It's been going on for years, it's absorb to me. As a new user coming in, I see a guy like HL.. and it makes me think I can do that, I can post that way. It also stirs up arguments and gets new users banned. It's friendly banter to you veterans, and you've learned to ignore HL completely, but think about someone new coming in.

Talking about player's short comings isn't trolling. I do it more than any visiting poster could even dream of doing it. If I were to inflict a warning or infraction on anyone who had an opinion regarding a Knights player that wasn't sugar coated and topped with sprinkles..I'd be a hypocrite. HL's posts you outlined were nowhere near breaking rule #2. Your perception of what a troll truly is is jaded. Sorry. He didn't demean the player's or the team. You just interpreted it that way. If I acted on every poster's impulse who had a vendetta against a visiting poster...this forum would be like the old Knights forum on the London Knights website. You want that?

And you're right...I didn't read your entire post....your 1st 2 examples were enough for me to see where the entire post was heading.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

If you don't think or see how that breaks rule 2, I bolded it for you. It's not difficult

KNIGHTSFAN7*

Talking about player's short comings isn't trolling. I do it more than any visiting poster could even dream of doing it. If I were to inflict a warning or infraction on anyone who had an opinion regarding a Knights player that wasn't sugar coated and topped with sprinkles..I'd be a hypocrite. HL's posts you outlined were nowhere near breaking rule #2. Your perception of what a troll truly is is jaded. Sorry. He didn't demean the player's or the team. You just interpreted it that way. If I acted on every poster's impulse who had a vendetta against a visiting poster...this forum would be like the old Knights forum on the London Knights website. You want that?

And you're right...I didn't read your entire post....your 1st 2 examples were enough for me to see where the entire post was heading.

Well don't be lazy, go back and read the rest, his posts are 30 pages of garbage

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Well don't be lazy, go back and read the rest, his posts are 30 pages of garbage

You are over-reacting. HL11 isn't saying anything differently than some Knights fans are. He isn't being rude or condescending or obscene in any of the posts you quoted. And actually backs some of it up with facts.

It looks as though you don't agree with the message, that is no reason to ban someone from posting. I don't necessarily agree with it all either, but as long as it's not disruptive then there is no issue.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
So this is from the first 30 pages or so in this thread.. and this an improved HL... still it doesn't change the fact that the majority of his posts in this thread he breaks the rules. Almost all of his opinions about the knights are negative, and shared in this board. What I find the most irritating are he will post negative knight opinions, then compare them to positive windsor opinions. His posting is fine, if it was done in his own board. PP, you yourself have argued with him 3 times in the first 9 pages of this. It seems most people just ignore him and don't even take the bait or respond to any of his posts anymore. Like I said, you don't see this done on any other thread in the forum. Most of the comments he makes, could spark a fight, if knight fans take the bait. Most of these posts show him breaking rule #2, others are debatable, still showing my point.

-Dumps on Martenet

- Dumps on Martenet, Seguin and Ellie

- Dumps on the 3 same players again

-Dumps on the Kima twins, you argue with him on this point.

-Backhand insult towards rupert.

-Starting an argument saying Kerby should receive more draft picks than Horvat

-Dumping on Horvat

-Dumping on Horvat, and Zadorov

- Just a general dumping

- Dump on Zadorov

- He tried to take a shot here at you PP, whether you took it as so or not.

- General dumping of the Knights

-General dumping of the knighrs, marner at the end

-General dumping of knights, boasts about windsor

-Slight shot at Marner.

You get the gist of the guys posts, he hates the knights, loves windsor. That's fine, but the way he posts, he doesn't belong in this board. His opinions are almost always negative, and could start arguments if knights posters choose to do so, most are so used to the guy after years of this that no one cares anymore. Personal insults or not, he's breaking rule #2.

If that's the worst dirt on him in this thread, the skeletons in my closet would have landed my head on the guillotine eons ago. Hell, my severed noggin' would've replaced the puck on HF's logo.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Good god talk about the Knights. I didn't know there were rules. If this is how Sundays are spent I'm glad I played hockey and golf already today.

As for speculation a few around talk to other that have ties to the team so stuff that is said isn't being made up or we are wishing for this that or the other.

My best advice drop the HL stuff and talk about hockey.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Just awful, and this is why you don't see new posters coming to this forum, it's the same group of about a dozen veterans, it won't change.

1- I read each example. Those were player opinions, much less harsh than my own and a few others.

2- We gained over a half-dozen new posters in the past 2 months.

3- It's a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek forum. Very few give a rat's ass how each other feel, let alone on-lookers. There are users on Twitter who throw stomped-foot tirades over what a few of The Fora's London members post. We don't care. We just PM each other the tweets for a laugh, and are thrilled our words get inside the noggin' of some 5'4" face tailor-made-for-radio. We love it.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Your's have been 2 pages. Should I ban you too? Get over it.

Point well made. This thread is rather tame and I think much is being made of little. One would expect some wide variation in people's viewpoints on all threads but I haven't seen anything here that's warranted a 'cuffing' yet.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
As for speculation a few around talk to other that have ties to the team so stuff that is said isn't being made up or we are wishing for this that or the other.

No one has said stuff is being made up. But if someone's nose is out of joint because the rookie goalie has played the equivalent of one game less in only 15% of the season then they have an issue. If it's the player or the players family then the best thing for the team would be for that player to be moved. There has been a lot of talk here about problem players and attitude. A rookie or his family whining about playing 1 game less than the veteran to me spells problem.

If it's anyone else then they should really stop because it has the potential to create a situation that currently isn't there.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
There shouldn't be any issues yet with PT in my opinion. ( not in game management but who dresses)
Would I do things different, yup. For sure, but Hunters forgotten more than I'll ever see
Do I know why the staff comes tithe decisions they do, not usually but I can make an educated guess.
As far as parents, most should stay out of it. ( I'm learning this year first hand how parents/advisors/friends can be an issue.

KF7, my point was maybe it's not fair, maybe your overreacting, maybe your right. A lot of times in life that may not matter ;)
I've seen the HL stuff and called him out for it numerous times but it's easier for me to sift thru it and take the potshots and good info for what it is and move on.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
No one has said stuff is being made up. But if someone's nose is out of joint because the rookie goalie has played the equivalent of one game less in only 15% of the season then they have an issue. If it's the player or the players family then the best thing for the team would be for that player to be moved. There has been a lot of talk here about problem players and attitude. A rookie or his family whining about playing 1 game less than the veteran to me spells problem.

If it's anyone else then they should really stop because it has the potential to create a situation that currently isn't there.

I haven't heard anything about Parsons. I was referring to the new Knights poster that's beating his keyboard to death.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Horvat has been sent to Utica for a conditioning stint

Two weeks max in the AHL before he gets his 9 game tryout. If he does return (doubting it at this point), it probably won't be before December.

Point well made. This thread is rather tame and I think much is being made of little. One would expect some wide variation in people's viewpoints on all threads but I haven't seen anything here that's warranted a 'cuffing' yet.

Exactly. If I laid the smack down on every little rash someone got from a post, this place would be barren. If I see something out of sorts, I'm usually pretty quick to snuff it out, and it doesn't matter your allegiance. HL has tidied up his posts as asked and I feel he's done a commendable job doing so. When a person heeds a warning,why continue to dump on them? That's counter productive.

H44

Aug 31, 2011
I hate to interrupt this dialogue today, but I have a very simple question. During the games at the Bud are the out of town scores ever shown, or announced? I get to about 12 games a year. Last year I saw the out of town scores on the ring during the intermission. I have been to 2 games this year - I have not seen the out of town scores.
I will be at both games this weekend - I would really like to see the scores.

I read the Ice Dogs blog. There is a lot of discussion (aside from their hatred of the Knights) about improvements needed to the Meridian Center. One of their wish list is a ring. In London. it's just another way to bombard the fans with advertising.

I hate to interrupt this dialogue today, but I have a very simple question. During the games at the Bud are the out of town scores ever shown, or announced? I get to about 12 games a year. Last year I saw the out of town scores on the ring during the intermission. I have been to 2 games this year - I have not seen the out of town scores.
I will be at both games this weekend - I would really like to see the scores.

I read the Ice Dogs blog. There is a lot of discussion (aside from their hatred of the Knights) about improvements needed to the Meridian Center. One of their wish list is a ring. In London. it's just another way to bombard the fans with advertising.

Now that you mention it I haven't seen the out of town scores yet this season. I'll take a closer look on Friday night.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I havent seen anything so far. They posted the 50/50 totals at points as well during the game and haven't seen that either.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
And on Wednesday night they posted the wrong winning number in the 50/50. Imagine if you had that other ticket?:laugh:

It nice now that they're putting adds up as the replays of penalties and goals are being played. Vaughn penatly kill. I'd personally like to see the penalty again.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
No thanks. Need to recoup picks, not trade them away.

What does everyone think of London's chances to contend next year? Marner, Dvorak and hopefully Jones will be their main weapons up front. Outside of that, I have a hard time in seeing where the goals will come from. Also, the defence will mostly be sophomores. Mete, Gleason, Nother, Crawley and Martenet is a nice looking core but I think they'll need at least two years.

On the flip side, Dvorak and possibly Marner could be gone in 2016.

Barring an immediate high-impact Euro, several reporting fliers to bolster defence and offence, and an overachieving team, I don't see a contender in 15-16.

London's chances of contending next year are not good. '96 players are 19 year olds next year and typically contenders get strong contributions from their 19 year olds. Unfortuantely, London has almost nothing to show for from the '96 draft in 2012, so contending next year will be challenging.

Herbst - injured, traded.
Broadhurst - N/A post 2013.
MacDonald - still just a depth forward.
DiLorenzo - N/A.
Centorame - top 4 d-man, traded to Owen Sound.
Taylor - N/A.
Hodgins - N/A.
Piccinich - N/A.
Garrow - N/A.
Percy - N/A.
Dvorak - top 6 forward for London, will be the 1C next year if he hasn't already assumed that role some time this year.

The rest is nothing and then Tristen Elie taken 303rd overall who has had a cup of coffee here.

You can't contend with one above average player from a draft class. Of course this doesn't account for the other '96s Yakimowicz (free agent), Jamieson (2013 draft) or Martenet (free agent) but at this point those three aren't difference makers and probably are close to hitting their peak as players if they haven't already.

In conclusion, just hope for entertaining hockey this year and next and don't be disappointed with lack of playoff success. I also would be happy with better utilization of the younger players and gradual improvement on the little things which will help grow the team in 2-3 years.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
London's chances of contending next year are not good. '96 players are 19 year olds next year and typically contenders get strong contributions from their 19 year olds. Unfortuantely, London has almost nothing to show for from the '96 draft in 2012, so contending next year will be challenging.

Herbst - injured, traded.
Broadhurst - N/A post 2013.
MacDonald - still just a depth forward.
DiLorenzo - N/A.
Centorame - top 4 d-man, traded to Owen Sound.
Taylor - N/A.
Hodgins - N/A.
Piccinich - N/A.
Garrow - N/A.
Percy - N/A.
Dvorak - top 6 forward for London, will be the 1C next year if he hasn't already assumed that role some time this year.

The rest is nothing and then Tristen Elie taken 303rd overall who has had a cup of coffee here.

You can't contend with one above average player from a draft class. Of course this doesn't account for the other '96s Yakimowicz (free agent), Jamieson (2013 draft) or Martenet (free agent) but at this point those three aren't difference makers and probably are close to hitting their peak as players if they haven't already.

In conclusion, just hope for entertaining hockey this year and next and don't be disappointed with lack of playoff success. I also would be happy with better utilization of the younger players and gradual improvement on the little things which will help grow the team in 2-3 years.

I agree with everything you've said. But there's a chance we won't see Marner in 16-17, and Dvorak will be gone as well. I always looked at those two as the key guys to the future contending teams.

The young forwards London have right now don't exactly scream future high-end guys, either.

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Now that you mention it I haven't seen the out of town scores yet this season. I'll take a closer look on Friday night.

They have stopped showing the out of town scores in Guelph this year as well. They announce them over the P.A. before the start of each period but have not shown them on the scoreboard? League mandated change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->