London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing on Hope. You keep him until the trade deadline and sell him off. Buy low sell high. There will be a bunch of "contenders" that will be looking to shore up their goaltending. Could get a couple of 2nds at the deadline. The key here would be to get him at a low enough price to make a deadline deal work. Hope would help settle down the team and Parsons. Asking a rookie to start as a #1 is tough. Hope would help bridge the gag. It would help the confidence of the entire Knights team. Can't play D all night and expect to win. Well unless your a Stan Butler team.

Don't kid yourself re-build or not you always want to win.

Exactly. This team right now is rudderless. Brandon Hope could be the calming influence and Captain the ship.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
There are not a lot of top goaltenders in the league at the moment. They are a hot commodity. The few that could be available won't come cheap. Hope would likely cost picks and at least one decent young player I would imagine.

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
we should be selling not buying - goaltending is not our biggest problem - inexperience and youth is - you guys talk about a total rebuild and then you want to trade for an overager - show some patience - Giggy is not a problem - trade a couple of defencemen (surplus) for a couple of forwards and wait it out - Parsons I think is our future goaltender

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I would be shocked if London doesn't acquire a goaltender this week. If Hope is too costly, Mark will pump someone else's tires.

Mark has just been hired by the Leafs according to James Mirtle on twitter...

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m2 minutes ago

Leafs name Mark Hunter the new director of player personnel.

(I posted this info back May 22, 2014)

Last edited:

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
PP, respectfully, I think you're a little bias about Hope. He's a solid tender but not going to be Dennis 05/06.

Zadorov update: 1. Nikita Zadorov can't be loaned to #Amerks "and the league wouldn't allow us to assign him to the KHL," #Sabres asst GM Mark Jakubowski said.
2. More on Nikita Zadorov from #Sabres asst. GM Mark Jakubowski: "He is under contract to London and that's the only place we can send him."
As per Kevin Oklobzija.

The whole thing reeks - hope the NHL makes definite improvements with Russians when the current deal expires.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Mark Hunter no longer with the Knights. How big of a blow is that to the organization?

I wouldn't call it a blow to the organization. It's a change for sure but there are other great hockey guys in place there and many more available that would love to be part of an organization such as the Knights. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rob Simpson promoted to General Manager and then they can find a new assistant GM at their leisure..

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I wouldn't call it a blow to the organization. It's a change for sure but there are other great hockey guys in place there and many more available that would love to be part of an organization such as the Knights. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rob Simpson promoted to General Manager and then they can find a new assistant GM at their leisure..

It's a blow because of Mark's vast array of connections. No matter how forward-thinking a hockey mind the next GM is, they can't replicate Mark's networking.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
That's a great point I didn't consider that... That said I would expect that some of the other hockey operations folks have been groomed for this day and plugged in to that network. After all Mark is still an owner and this teams long term success is still an interest of his.

If anyone thinks Mark Hunter will now be separated 100% from any decisions regarding the Knights and player movement and recruitment..they're sadly mistaken. It would be like Bill Gates getting hired as an advisor for Apple.

Although I do think this closes the book on the Hope speculation. Odds are slim to none now in my opinion.

Last edited:
we should be selling not buying - goaltending is not our biggest problem - inexperience and youth is - you guys talk about a total rebuild and then you want to trade for an overager - show some patience - Giggy is not a problem - trade a couple of defencemen (surplus) for a couple of forwards and wait it out - Parsons I think is our future goaltender

The only people who want Guigovaz to stick around are one's who don't understand the position. Showing well in 6 games doesn't automatically give you the ability to be a mentor. If Parsons doesn't get somone there he can lean on, with the mental mind set to go with it, his development will take a hit. There's more to it than just getting a better goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->