Prospect Info: Logan Stanley: How has he progressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Waiting for a vaccine isn't the answer lol. If masks are so important, spaced seating and mandatory masks should be good enough

In order to be effective enough, the spacing and masking need to be all the time, not just while attending an event like a hockey game.

You deprive the virus of potential hosts and it gradually subsides. Takes a long time and is never 100% gone. The fact the virus still exists in the wild means it will eventually come back. But in the meantime we will have had time to develop and distribute a vaccine.

Since it doesn't appear that we can get enough people to wear masks and socially distance, we will need to wait for the vaccine.

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Progressed. He is mobile, have offensive , good tools and was playing a lot of minutes with the Moose. He only need time to learn how to play defensive with a good quaterback...Look what the big defender in Dallas has progressed...The big one with a olympic sister! So Stanley is a hardworker...Just be patient....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Progressed. He is mobile, have offensive , good tools and was playing a lot of minutes with the Moose. He only need time to learn how to play defensive with a good quaterback...Look what the big defender in Dallas has progressed...The big one with a olympic sister! So Stanley is a hardworker...Just be patient....
Yes, I think Oleksiak gives reason for optimism that Stanley might become a useful NHL D. He needs more development time, and he needs to work hard to continue to improve his quickness.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Yes, I think Oleksiak gives reason for optimism that Stanley might become a useful NHL D. He needs more development time, and he needs to work hard to continue to improve his quickness.

I posted I wanted oleksiak here this past offseason. He is the exact type of player we need around here

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I posted I wanted oleksiak here this past offseason. He is the exact type of player we need around here

Who's this Logan Oleksiak you're all talking about.... ?

:popcorn:

tumblr_pabyu3LLLc1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I read all your posts and others very well....

Logan Stanley is on the clock...

No guarantee he will even be an Oleksiak...

Did I say that ?? I just agreed that if he turned out to be similar it would be a win for us because oleksiak is exactly what this team needs.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Did I say that ?? I just agreed that if he turned out to be similar it would be a win for us because oleksiak is exactly what this team needs.

Not questioning your hopes, nor what you said...

It's just that Oleksiak is a naturally aggressive player with size and has proven to be a resilient and an adaptive hockey player....

I sure hope Jets fans don't have to wait 6 to 8 more years for Stanley to develop into something they would want on the ice in an NHL game...

Oleksiak is an outlier... not what Dallas intended when they drafted him in 2011 at 14... Logan Stanley also drafted in the first is maybe someday going to be another outlier...

I hope you are right.... and I hope I live long enough to see it...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

It's just that Oleksiak is a naturally aggressive player with size and has proven to be a resilient and an adaptive hockey player....

I sure hope Jets fans don't have to wait 6 to 8 more years for Stanley to develop into something they would want on the ice in an NHL game...

Oleksiak is an outlier... not what Dallas intended when they drafted him in 2011 at 14... Logan Stanley also drafted in the first is maybe someday going to be another outlier...

Yup, Stanley wont be here at age 25 if he plays like Oleksiak did early on in his career.

Also Oleksiak was much further ahead at the same age posting 33 and 23 point seasons in the AHL. Stanley has 22 and 10 point seasons.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

Haha touché.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Given how awful the D was this year. Like to see Stanley Heinola and Samberg get a fair shot to make it with the Jets or at least get some games in Jets in the regular season before playing with the Moose

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Given how awful the D was this year. Like to see Stanley Heinola and Samberg get a fair shot to make it with the Jets or at least get some games in Jets in the regular season before playing with the Moose

My guess is They won’t want to integrate more than one of these guys this season. A kid like Stanley might get a call up but at this point in his career it would be akin to a Nogier type token gesture IMO.

Hopefully Logan takes a nice step forward this season but I am not holding my breath.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
My guess is They won’t want to integrate more than one of these guys this season. A kid like Stanley might get a call up but at this point in his career it would be akin to a Nogier type token gesture IMO.

Hopefully Logan takes a nice step forward this season but I am not holding my breath.

Stanley will get his 200 NHL games, no matter how poor he plays. Look at a guy like Keaton Ellerby. He got 212 NHL games just because he was 6'5'' and was drafted 10th overall. Results don't matter for that type of player. The fact that an 5'8'' guy like Point or Marchessault can wheel past him on the corner 100% of the time won't matter, teams will be enamored with his size.

I think Stanley could eventually be a decent 3rd pairing guy PP guy like Tyler Myers eventually, but that's his ultimate upside. Everything I've seen of him in Juniors and in the AHL leads me to believe he is not a potential NHL barring a huge leap though. Just a completely wasted pick, IMO. He will be a guy that hangs around for years because of his size and draft slot.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Stanley will get his 200 NHL games, no matter how poor he plays. Look at a guy like Keaton Ellerby. He got 212 NHL games just because he was 6'5'' and was drafted 10th overall. Results don't matter for that type of player. The fact that an 5'8'' guy like Point or Marchessault can wheel past him on the corner 100% of the time won't matter, teams will be enamored with his size.

I think Stanley could eventually be a decent 3rd pairing guy PP guy like Tyler Myers eventually, but that's his ultimate upside. Everything I've seen of him in Juniors and in the AHL leads me to believe he is not a potential NHL barring a huge leap though. Just a completely wasted pick, IMO. He will be a guy that hangs around for years because of his size and draft slot.

My biggest fear when we drafted Stanley was not that he would fail because I had that baked in before we made the draft choice. My biggest fear was he would fail but still get his games because of the "Jack Edwards factor". I know that seems like a bizarre reference but hang in for a second and let me take a shot at explaining. Old crazy Jack was taking some legit heat for being the biggest homer and worst PBP announcer in the NHL and a B's fan made a great observation. I think in this case other fans were referencing how Jack totally whiffed on a Chara fight call and the B's fan said "Jack calls the fight he wants to see, not the fight that is actually happening"

When it comes to Stanley (or any other next Chara) NHL coaches will play him and say "He is our shut down guy, he is big and therefore tough to play against, and therefore good for the PK (yada yada)"........Now all those boxes are checked because he is 6"7" and all the coaches coach the guy they want to have (Chara) not the player they actually have. They think hey it just takes 6'7" guys longer to eventually totally transform into the player they are not. He's a "project" or more realistically a figment of our imagination and desires. Logan is actually more of an offensive D man that struggles with his footwork and mobility defending. However, that doesn't fit what coaches want to see so it takes a series of teams 200 plus games to finally give up and admit the transformation to what he should be is never going to happen.

How many more times do we have to watch the same movie?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My biggest fear when we drafted Stanley was not that he would fail because I had that baked in before we made the draft choice. My biggest fear was he would fail but still get his games because of the "Jack Edwards factor". I know that seems like a bizarre reference but hang in for a second and let me take a shot at explaining. Old crazy Jack was taking some legit heat for being the biggest homer and worst PBP announcer in the NHL and a B's fan made a great observation. I think in this case other fans were referencing how Jack totally whiffed on a Chara fight call and the B's fan said "Jack calls the fight he wants to see, not the fight that is actually happening"

When it comes to Stanley (or any other next Chara) NHL coaches will play him and say "He is our shut down guy, he is big and therefore tough to play against, and therefore good for the PK (yada yada)"........Now all those boxes are checked because he is 6"7" and all the coaches coach the guy they want to have (Chara) not the player they actually have. They think hey it just takes 6'7" guys longer to eventually totally transform into the player they are not. He's a "project" or more realistically a figment of our imagination and desires. Logan is actually more of an offensive D man that struggles with his footwork and mobility defending. However, that doesn't fit what coaches want to see so it takes a series of teams 200 plus games to finally give up and admit the transformation to what he should be is never going to happen.

How many more times do we have to watch the same movie?
I have concerns in that area, but I have some optimism that the Jets won't fall into that trap. Perhaps the main reason is that they have a very good stable of LD that they've also drafted, and they will be just as motivated to see them succeed as they would Stanley. They clearly seem to have Samberg and Heinola higher in the organizational depth chart than Stanley, even though both of them were drafted after Stanley. So far, they haven't shown any real penchant for favouring Stanley in terms of opportunities. My guess is that they also like another drafted LHD (Chisholm), and if he performs really well he'll leap ahead of Stanley in the depth chart, too.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

How many players have been traded 1 for 1 for the same player - twice? :laugh: 13 months apart.

Reactions: John Agar

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have concerns in that area, but I have some optimism that the Jets won't fall into that trap. Perhaps the main reason is that they have a very good stable of LD that they've also drafted, and they will be just as motivated to see them succeed as they would Stanley. They clearly seem to have Samberg and Heinola higher in the organizational depth chart than Stanley, even though both of them were drafted after Stanley. So far, they haven't shown any real penchant for favouring Stanley in terms of opportunities. My guess is that they also like another drafted LHD (Chisholm), and if he performs really well he'll leap ahead of Stanley in the depth chart, too.

we can Pray. Flyers never screwed up with their next Chara so maybe teams are learning.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Heinola is obviously ahead of him but we just signed Samberg so it's impossible to say where they think he fits into the depth chart. He hasn't played a single game in a Moose or Jets uniform yet. Chisholm is in the same boat. Everyone here obviously has those two ahead of him, at least right now, but we don't actually have a clue where the Jets have Stanley in relation to those two.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Heinola is obviously ahead of him but we just signed Samberg so it's impossible to say where they think he fits into the depth chart. He hasn't played a single game in a Moose or Jets uniform yet. Chisholm is in the same boat. Everyone here obviously has those two ahead of him, at least right now, but we don't actually have a clue where the Jets have Stanley in relation to those two.
At his end of year interview Chevy pretty much said Samberg is expected to be in the lineup next season. .

Reactions: surixon

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
At his end of year interview Chevy pretty much said Samberg is expected to be in the lineup next season. .

I don’t think it’s surprising. Jets wanted him to turn pro a year ago and he is heading into his draft +4 season so it’s not like they are rushing him. They might start him on the 3rd pair but I think he will be ready to step in and help out.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chevys already talked about Samberg as a potential answer to improving the Jets' D. Notably, he didn't mention Stanley as an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln