TSN: Logan Brown the poster boy for Sens’ patient rebuild

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Seemed like it was set in stone from the start anyways considering his linemates and lack of ice time. I don't think he was close to making it like Garrioch, etc. portray.

With some of the others they've rushed in the past, it was typically done with success in mind while they're heavily insulated and able to contribute to a winning team.

This feels different with a team destined for an almost gauranteed last place finish and almost all of the vets being role players at best. Its for the best imo.

Reactions: derriko

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Yes because patiently waiting is the only way S-tier talent will fall into our lap via the draft.

And realistically we can't get anywhere without that.

Reactions: Alex1234

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You know maybe if they had actually given him more than one game not playing with scrubs on the 4th line during pre-season(and he looked good in that one game), he would have shown he's ready to at least start the year up with the big club.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We had 4 veteran centers ahead of him. Making the team was always going to be a long shot after we traded Smith.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We're probably going to move a center during the season, so chances are Brown will be here by the end of the year.

But...it's up to him. He has to show the team he's beyond AHL level and ready to play with the big boys. Otherwise, he can stay in Belleville for another season, and perhaps beyond.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If here has been a huge change in mentality from Dorion to Murray it is Dorion does not rush his prospects. Murray rushed all his prospects and put massive attention on them - Zibby, Lazar, Lehner, Cowen, Weircoche, Lee.

A true poster boy for this is Mark Stone. He was overripe in the AHL and look at his game now.

Reactions: derriko and NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In Guy Boucher’s defence last year he was told he had to play some kids - Jaros and Lajoie were his choices. Both aren’t with the team now.

Hmmm

Reactions: NB613

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
He's still boom or bust.

If he can take that next step and put it together, boom.

If he keeps going at the same level he's been going, not gonna be an impactful NHL'er.

Due to his size and skill I'm sure he'll eventually be able to hang around as a big middle centre, eg a more skilled Brian Boyle, but thats not what we are looking for.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
If any player was good enough, the team keeps him up with their big club. It’s that simple. He has not beat out anyone for a job yet. Who cares where he was taken in the draft? That means nothing if he’s not better than the players that are on the team.
He’s going to have to bust the door down to make this team.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If any player was good enough, the team keeps him up with their big club. It’s that simple. He has not beat out anyone for a job yet. Who cares where he was taken in the draft? That means nothing if he’s not better than the players that are on the team.
He’s going to have to bust the door down to make this team.

Injuries are inevitable. He won’t have to bust down any door, he’s the first call up.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You know maybe if they had actually given him more than one game not playing with scrubs on the 4th line during pre-season(and he looked good in that one game), he would have shown he's ready to at least start the year up with the big club.
Yup.

Not given a fair shake.

Not sure how well that will sit with Brown. Literally taking money out of his pocket. (almost 800,000 US)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It’s all going to plan in my eyes, I said it in July, which somehow brought childish name calling by one poster.

Trading for Anisimov helped in 3 ways.

1. Saving cash for our team
2. He’s a better player than Smith
3. It filled our center depth, which allows Brown to go to Belleville as “The Guy”.

He will be up in Ottawa this year, likely for good. Whether it be an injury to one of our guys, or a trade of one of our guys.

I’m sure this was the plan from the start. Nothing to worry about.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Did any of our prospects really do enough? Strange training camp
Extremely strange camp, odd to think a player could be on the brink of achieving their lifetime dream and then barely show up.
I wonder if it's just the entitlement of the youth of today. (proceeds to hike my pants up higher past my bellybutton)

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I dunno, the team implores fans to be excited about the great new young players but man, this team is just not very good. Aside from Chabot and Tkachuk, what players do you honestly see bringing fans out of their seats? If the Sens don’t get a top 3 pick next year, this rebuild is going to be delayed (unless 2020 is the miracle draft class as some are hoping).
And to tie this back to Logan Brown, when has he ever really impressed while in a Sens jersey? I haven’t seen it. I want to see it. I haven’t seen it. Maybe it’s me.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Extremely strange camp, odd to think a player could be on the brink of achieving their lifetime dream and then barely show up.
I wonder if it's just the entitlement of the youth of today. (proceeds to hike my pants up higher past my bellybutton)

I think it's more so an overvaluation of the team's prospects. I also expected much more, but perhaps there isn't much more to give.

Reactions: robsenz

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I dunno, the team implores fans to be excited about the great new young players but man, this team is just not very good. Aside from Chabot and Tkachuk, what players do you honestly see bringing fans out of their seats? If the Sens don’t get a top 3 pick next year, this rebuild is going to be delayed (unless 2020 is the miracle draft class as some are hoping).
And to tie this back to Logan Brown, when has he ever really impressed while in a Sens jersey? I haven’t seen it. I want to see it. I haven’t seen it. Maybe it’s me.
Yep, the prospects are very over-rated, and Brown is a very tall center so people give him the benefit of the doubt without having proved anything.

He does look dominant at the AHL level, but we are yet to see those flashes at the NHL level.

Last edited:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
i think hes gonna be a bust at nhl level to be honest hes had time and isn't improving enough. could prove me wrong and blossom but i doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad