Friedman: Logan Brown likely available

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Only a handful of AHL games - shuffling between taxi squad and AHL.

Any likelihood he gets moved this weekend?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait till the summer to trade him, that way you would have more teams interested

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Only a handful of AHL games - shuffling between taxi squad and AHL.

Any likelihood he gets moved this weekend?
FYI hes been hurt. I doubt he gets moved this weekend. He will get a last look.

Yep. He’s probably worth a 2022 3rd.

We only move him for a 3rd as a favour to him. He's really not far removed from being a 20-21yr old playing above pt per game as a 6'6 centerman.

It's not going to happen for him in Ottawa, unfortunately, but he's going to be a player.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s got value as a project prospect for somebody but I think we can lay to rest the idea that he’s going to be a prized piece in return for any player of substantive value. I’d either keep him another year and try to build his value back up after a bunch of these UFA scrubs on their roster are let go (and pray Dorion doesn’t spend the summer collecting NHL contract 4th liners like they are beanie babies again) or swap him for another stalled youngster if the Sens have no plans on even giving him games.

His fabled upside at the NHL level is starting to sound like a myth and I know Sens fans are determined to die on that hill but between poor management, injuries, back luck and “big guys take longer” syndrome, something’s gotta give. He’s not 21, he’s 23 and 5 years removed from his draft and he hasn’t exactly been trying to crack the ‘85 Oilers.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
He would be part of a hockey trade, not a pure deadline deal. I don’t think he helps anyone in this post season. And he’s worth a 2nd at most.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
He’s got value as a project prospect for somebody but I think we can lay to rest the idea that he’s going to be a prized piece in return for any player of substantive value. I’d either keep him another year and try to build his value back up after a bunch of these UFA scrubs on their roster are let go (and pray Dorion doesn’t spend the summer collecting NHL contract 4th liners like they are beanie babies again) or swap him for another stalled youngster if the Sens have no plans on even giving him games.

His fabled upside at the NHL level is starting to sound like a myth and I know Sens fans are determined to die on that hill but between poor management, injuries, back luck and “big guys take longer” syndrome, something’s gotta give. He’s not 21, he’s 23 and 5 years removed from his draft and he hasn’t exactly been trying to crack the ‘85 Oilers.

Would the Devils' Michael McLeod be a similar comparable?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
FYI hes been hurt. I doubt he gets moved this weekend. He will get a last look.

We only move him for a 3rd as a favour to him. He's really not far removed from being a 20-21yr old playing above pt per game as a 6'6 centerman.

It's not going to happen for him in Ottawa, unfortunately, but he's going to be a player.
Ottawa is one of the worst teams in the NHL and he can’t crack their lineup. What makes you think he’d be better on a roster, which is most of the NHL, that’s better than Ottawa’s.

some guys, their ship never really comes in. Happens with around a dozen first rounders every draft. He’s probably one of them.

Tyson Jost isn’t a top six forward. He’s just not. But he’s now worked himself into a hell of a defensive forward and PK player. It’s really unlikely Brown will end up as a top six C. Can he reinvent himself like Jost has to crave out an NHL role?

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Ottawa is one of the worst teams in the NHL and he can’t crack their lineup. What makes you think he’d be better on a roster, which is most of the NHL, that’s better than Ottawa’s.

some guys, their ship never really comes in. Happens with around a dozen first rounders every draft. He’s probably one of them.

Tyson Jost isn’t a top six forward. He’s just not. But he’s now worked himself into a hell of a defensive forward and PK player. It’s really unlikely Brown will end up as a top six C. Can he reinvent himself like Jost has to crave out an NHL role?
I think with him it's more we have too many young players. Norris Stutzle Batherson and Zub are all first year players and leaving him on the 4th line would not have been helpful

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would the Devils' Michael McLeod be a similar comparable?
I would think that McLeod has value as a bottom sixer with great wheels and good size. Brown seems to be more of a guy that needs to chip in offensively to be valuable. Could be talking out of my butt here. Haven't seen enough of either to say.

Too bad he's been injured and on the taxi squad. Hard to develop that way.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
He's getting old and is a reclaimation project at this point, estimate around 4th-5th round...couldnt even trade him for that value on NHL 2021/FHM 7

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Brown. has. not. been. healthy.

If. he. was. he. would. be. in. the. NHL.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sens fans telling me no one had been talking about Brown being on the market or available. Ummm. Well.

You spoke to the wrong Sens fans.

Id been saying that the Sens were trying to trade Brown months before this thread even started in January.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m well aware that Brown has had terrible luck with injury’s, i mean he probably has an Ambulance as a Chauffeur at this point.

That being said, i’m a firm believer that if you’re good enough to be playing in the NHL, you’re going to; as of now, Brown hasn’t been.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
"likely" :laugh:

As if Dorion wouldn't take a bag of pucks for him if given the offer. Not to worry, Bowman will be all over this ready to cough up picks/prospects.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'd hope LA would be smart enough to put in am offer on him. He and Vilardi were very dominant together in Juniors and LA could use someone to spark Vilardi right now.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Health is a skill. Guys that are injured often carry little value.
Nowhere did I state he carries much value in a trade lol. But the way you are talking about the player shows you very obviously don't know much about him, beyond speaking in generalities.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nowhere did I state he carries much value in a trade lol. But the way you are talking about the player shows you very obviously don't know much about him, beyond speaking in generalities.
I said he’d fetch a 3rd. He clearly won’t fetch a 1st. Injury prone guys that haven’t made any NHL impact aren’t worth that.

So where is this disconnect in value. Mine seems spot on. Hardly some wild guess.

are you suggesting he’s worth more? Cant be much more. A lottery team won’t be giving you a high 2nd for this disappointing player.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Out of curiosity when does this guy start needing waivers?
I don’t think team would pay much for a guy they are going to lose on waivers before next season but if they have more time maybe he is someone you bring in keep in the AHL for a year and try to develop a roll for.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I said he’d fetch a 3rd. He clearly won’t fetch a 1st. Injury prone guys that haven’t made any NHL impact aren’t worth that.

So where is this disconnect in value. Mine seems spot on. Hardly some wild guess.

are you suggesting he’s worth more? Cant be much more. A lottery team won’t be giving you a high 2nd for this disappointing player.

Where did I suggest a disconnect in value? The best offer may very well be a 3rd, by no means is that outlandish. All I said is that, in my opinion, Ottawa has no real incentive to make that deal other than accommodating Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad