Friedman: Logan Brown likely available

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why would we need him? Our top six is fine

Is it, really?

THe biggest target before deadline should be a top 6 forward.
Not saying it should be Brown though.

But he is an intressting prospect to have.

Man he´s lanky ... though.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Can see Brown moving for a similar situation type guy to a team with very little going on in the centre pipeline. I could also see a team lacking in goal picking up both Brown and one of our many young goaltenders in a 2 for 1 deal.

I'm not sure the Sens have given up just yet though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Where did I suggest a disconnect in value? The best offer may very well be a 3rd, by no means is that outlandish. All I said is that, in my opinion, Ottawa has no real incentive to make that deal other than accommodating Brown.
Teams accommodate players often. It’s not working here, you want a trade? Here you go. Good luck.

It’s crappy organizations that try to force round pegs into square holes. Ottawa buys good will to give this guy a fresh start. 2016 draft wasn’t very good anyway.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas director of player personnel Bob Lowes drafted him while he was running the draft in Ottawa. They may have mild interest, especially if the cost is a mid round pick and another struggling prospect.

Leschyshyn+3rd would be the most I'd offer.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Teams accommodate players often. It’s not working here, you want a trade? Here you go. Good luck.

It’s crappy organizations that try to force round pegs into square holes. Ottawa buys good will to give this guy a fresh start. 2016 draft wasn’t very good anyway.

Yes, teams accommodate players often. If Brown is traded for a 3rd, it will be a case of Ottawa accommodating him.

You know how else they could accommodate him? By giving him a chance to play NHL minutes with skilled players in offensive situations. He's done a lot to warrant that opportunity and has been far from an unmitigated failure when given such opportunity in the past.

I would go with the latter, personally, over the former. That is all that my comment was about. If Ottawa has no interest in doing the latter, they will do the former (or whatever the best option is).

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
maybe Tyson Jost or Sam Bennett or Virtanen (^). Someone like that.

Wouldn't do it myself. I'd keep Brown for now till he gets some time in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad