Friedman: Logan Brown likely available

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
upload_2021-1-12_18-29-46.png

I know it’s not a shock at this point, but it’s still a topic worth discussing.
He could probably be had for a second or a third at this point, he’s a top-6 or bust player and often injured; if you plan on bringing him in to play bottom-6 minutes, you’re going to be disappointed. That said, when given top-6 minutes in Ottawa last year, he looked good. then got injured.

Discuss!

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t stalled prospects like this usually get about a second or third? Maybe a little less in this market though?

RuthlessLieutenant

Sep 4, 2009
Kingston
Dorian says he likes his skillset, so I dont think they move him unless he asks for a trade. Smith wants his players to earn their spots. He'll get looks during the season with injuries. Hopefully he can leave an impression when he gets his shot.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I'd much rather keep Brown if we're only receiving a late 2nd/3rd round pick for him.

He's big, he's talented and he produces well when given top 6 opportunities.

He just needs to stay healthy and find a good environment that makes him to compete harder.

I do believe that management envisioned Brown as a top 6 C but then we drafted Stutzle while having Norris/Pinto who have sky rocketed up the org C prospect charts.

Last edited:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
He was always going to be a bit of a project. Don't be one of those teams that spends a significant amount of time and resources developing a player only to give up too soon and move him to a team where he'll flourish. Stay the course.
This! hell I'd even try him on the wing before getting rid of him.

Reactions: banks

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I mean our top-6 is

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Stepan-Dadonov

It's not THAT bad anymore....... Is it?
For a team rebuilding I think it's quite good. I love going young on the first line and I really like that they're insulating Stutzle with two veterans (and Dadanov is no slouch).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Brown grew up in the same STL youth hockey program as the likes of Keller and Fischer. He’s best friends with Chychrun. His dad was active in STL youth hockey when Bill Armstrong was an amateur scout with the Blues.

I could see AZ as a fit.

They could offer an early 2nd. Much like they did when they acquired Anthony DeAngelo two years after his draft for the 37th overall pick.

Reactions: banks

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Always liked Brown, I can see the Canucks being interested. Something like Beagle, Chatfield and 2022 4th for Brown and 2021 3rd

Reactions: cookiefest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad