Friedman: Logan Brown likely available

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Senators aren't desperate for picks or prospects, they don't need to move Brown for the sake of moving him. I don't think they move him for anything but a prospect of similar pedigree who could also use a change of scenery or as a part of a package for a star player.

Getting a late 2nd or a 3rd doesn't do much for them, might as well wait and see if he can put all the pieces together if thats the best they can get for him.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
As a Coyote fan, I hope the 'Yotes inquired. Capobianco +. They do have some other prospects that may be of interest to the Sens.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
As a Coyote fan, I hope the 'Yotes inquired. Capobianco +. They do have some other prospects that may be of interest to the Sens.

I'm probably the biggest Capobianco fan on the Sens board and even I think you'd be looking at Capo + 2nd 2021 at a minimum. That being said, it probably still makes more sense, as some fans have alluded to, to hold on to him until there's a trade for a player of equal value in a similar spot.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm probably the biggest Capobianco fan on the Sens board and even I think you'd be looking at Capo + 2nd 2021 at a minimum. That being said, it probably still makes more sense, as some fans have alluded to, to hold on to him until there's a trade for a player of equal value in a similar spot.
I was alluding to maybe a prospect with Capobianco like Farinacci or Maccelli (Jarventie's linesmate in Finland). Waiting too long to trade him will be disadvantageous if he is going to be exposed to the Kraken.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
As did Jeff Carter
Yeah it's actually really hard to think of guys with longer / smoother strides who have that "hardest worker on the ice" reputation.

Just look back to Brian Boyle, one of the harder working guys in the league. He was seen as a "loafer" when he was a prospect.

The list of big, skilled centers who, at one time or another, were given the loafer reputation, is notable. Lemieux, Thornton, Lindros, Malkin, Spezza, Staal, Eichel, Matthews, Lecavalier... the list goes on. Even effortless skaters like Marleau and Federov struggled with that perception at times.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
With the amount of prospects/picks Ottawa has I rather just risk it on brown developing tbh.

Unless some team has a young nhl dman and is willing to listen to a package of brown ++

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
With the amount of prospects/picks Ottawa has I rather just risk it on brown developing tbh.

Unless some team has a young nhl dman and is willing to listen to a package of brown ++

If he ends up being moved, I think it will be more to do with him forcing himself out than the organization giving up on him. It would suck but we know he feels he deserves to be a NHL player.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Yeah the Sens have enough prospects/picks, and no room for anymore young forwards.

If Brown is moved it should be in a package for a top line center or a top 4 D.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's not relevant. You sarcastically implied that he hasn't done deals like that.
Uhhh my original post was about how bad he is at trading. That was one of the worst trades in franchise history. So sure if you want him to make more terrible deals sure thing.

Also thats not what that was he was a throw in on a major deal where they traded other assets. You implied that he would successfully move Brown for a core piece.

It makes absolutely no sense to trade him either. His value is garbage and they havent given him a legitimate shot. He is worth more to Ottawa than another team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We’re probably not getting a prospect with as much upside in return, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick probably won’t have as much potential either.

So there’s really no reason to trade him unless he morphs into Ho Sang or something.

Reactions: BK201

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I think this was mentioned earlier but a Brown for Mittelstadt swap could be interesting. I feel like both players are in a similar situation and both have similar draft pedigree. A change of scenery for both could be a good thing.
I would entertain that. I don't if I would pull the trigger but it's not terrible and probable the type of deal the Sens would make.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad