OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
It would be really shitty of Entercom to do this, and I hate that it was my first thought but would anyone be surprised if they don’t take this window to replace him with someone younger and more cost beneficial?

Yes, but only because I'm shocked that they would employ a beat reporter so thin skinned that they have half their audience blocked.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
It would be really shitty of Entercom to do this, and I hate that it was my first thought but would anyone be surprised if they don’t take this window to replace him with someone younger and more cost beneficial?

Entercom has been bleeding money since the merger with CBS Radio. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't replace him at all.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Surprised to see Skurski fall victim a little over a week from the NFL draft, I enjoy his content for the most part.

Looks like Harrington & Lysowski survived the furloughs for now.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I've been seeing recent tweets from Paul Hamilton being posted in various threads. Is he back at WGR or is he just freelancing?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Jerry Sullivan is joining News 4 as a Digital Content Feature Writer for WIVB.com.

Sullivan for 29 years worked for The Buffalo News, where his work was unflinchingly opinionated, widely-read and ignited many a debate among fans.

As the News 4 Sports department continues to cover the Bills and Sabres on air and online, Sullivan, in a newly-created position on our digital team, will pursue unmistakably original local stories and provide a unique perspective.

He started in March. Expect a nice piece about the Sabres soon.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Sad to see the cuts at the A, but it was almost inevitable with the lack of sports happening anywhere for this long.

Hopefully most can be brought back when their financial situation starts to improve.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Who's going to cover the Sabres then? They were already down to Vogl and Yerdon, is it going to be Vogl solo from now on?

It looks like it's just Vogl right now, I'm probably cancelling/not resubbing at this point, which I was leaning towards anyway since they didn't bring back Stimpson the previous year and the lack of Sabres coverage with any real analytical look was pretty nill or basic (Yerdon was trying, so I give him credit for that). Vogl is just what he is and is basically swappable with any team beat person for coverage.

Hopefully the Athletic improves the Sabres coverage at some point.

Reactions: PuckSim8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad