OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

All that hype just to be told wait 2 more years :rolleyes:

GTA will be a hit no matter what month it's released (as long as R* doesn't completely drop the ball on quality). It doesn't have to be a holiday release. March or April are possibilities.

I'm not sure what to make of the actual trailer. There are a lot of clips of the GTA universe's version of TikTok. It seems like they showed off a lot of the optional TV/internet type content. Not indicative of gameplay.

It'd make sense to allow players to watch the in-game TikToks using the character's phone.

GTAV's side content had an emphasis on celebrity, where you help paparazzi, etc. GTAVI would then likely focus on influencers and viral videos.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So what will be GTA 6's version of shrinking horse balls?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So what will be GTA 6's version of shrinking horse balls?
They put so much detail into the horses in RDR2 because you look at them so much.

So probably shrinking car balls.

edit: R* hasn't said anything about a PC release. Based on history, that would come a few months later, maybe a year. It also wouldn't logically come to Xbox Game Pass or Playstation Now at launch, although both could use a huge console-only game to drive sign-ups.

Game Pass costs $1 for the first month, or $10/mo regularly. There's no way Microsoft would pass up on selling them a console and a $70 game instead.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
On iOS I can’t see twitter embeds anymore (it’s showing “this tweet is not available anymore” for all tweets, clicking on them opens X and the tweet is shown, hence exists). Anybody else having this problem?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

EGS is having a game giveaway every day for the holidays.

Deathloop is free with Twitch Prime. Arkane Studios likes to give away past games on EGS, so we might see Deathloop tomorrow or Monday. (or just claim it on Twitch if you have Amazon Prime)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I've been debating it with myself for at least two to three years now, is the air fryer worth it?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Happy New Year All. This year has been absolute drain on me mentally. High point was going back to Japan for a few weeks, but aside from that, its been a shit year. Hope 2024 brings everyone the best and everyone f***ing crushes it. One more time, happy new year my bolt brothers and sisters.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This is a crazy story.

That request was one of many ESPN made of some of its biggest stars last year after the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), the organization that administers the Emmys, uncovered a scheme that the network used to acquire more than 30 of the coveted statuettes for on-air talent ineligible to receive them. Since at least 2010, ESPN inserted fake names in Emmy entries, then took the awards won by some of those imaginary individuals, had them re-engraved and gave them to on-air personalities.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was certain that this game would get canceled, but it's happening.

Machine Games knows how to make good first-person shooters, but it's a weird choice for an Indiana Jones game. Indy isn't going to be gunning everyone down, so the emphasis is on melee, the whip, and puzzle design.

There are examples of first-person games that do each of them well, but it's a very unconventional game to pull off well (and on console). A game more like Tomb Raider or Uncharted would be what you'd expect (which both took heavy inspiration from the Indy movies).

You can see, just from the trailer, the dungeons are pretty flat. There's not a lot of climbing or verticality, which severely limits the design of its puzzles. As a slight plus, it ends up looking more like the movies.

Society lost something when Indy stopped going for religious artifacts. Crystal Skull ended up being about aliens, and Dial of Destiny was time travel. Now he's looking for a big circle?

I'd guess it gets a metacritic score in the 60s or low 70s.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
One of the YouTube channels I follow (primarily for stadium/arena and transportation videos) recently visited St. Pete.

Reactions: Tampa22

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I’m out for the rest of the beer league season with a hip flexor injury. Have no idea how Point and Hedman played through it, it just destroys any semblance of explosiveness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad