OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don’t live there but great idea, their stadium and its atmosphere is legendary. Dortmund as a city isn’t pretty and not really a tourist destination. It’s a former steel workers and coal miners town. Same goes for Essen (I have family there). Unless that’s exactly the type of stuff you want to see then you might want to visit the Zeche Zollverein in Essen.

Düsseldorf and Cologne on the other hand have lots to offer (tourist attractions, culture, history, entertainment, night life). Both are about a 1 hour drive or train ride from Dortmund. The entire NRW region is pretty well connected (one might argue it’s one big city). Roads and trains will be packed on game day though I imagine.
Thanks for the tips. Just booked my flights.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Prime Gaming listed Farming Simulator 19 for free today.

Europa Universalis 4 and Orwell this week are also free on the Epic Games Store.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So where are you staying?
I booked one of those trips that the team organizes that include a ticket, hotel room, a piece of merchandise etc. so I'll have to stay in Dortmund over the weekend, but I'll be in Düsseldorf for a few more days after that. I'm going to the game against Leipzig on December 8-10th. Would've preferred more of a traditional team to be honest but that was the one that suited my schedule the best.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I booked one of those trips that the team organizes that include a ticket, hotel room, a piece of merchandise etc. so I'll have to stay in Dortmund over the weekend, but I'll be in Düsseldorf for a few more days after that. I'm going to the game against Leipzig on December 8-10th. Would've preferred more of a traditional team to be honest but that was the one that suited my schedule the best.
The atmosphere should be amazing either way. Have fun!

Reactions: JoVel

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Any Wowheads here?

I've been doing research off-and-on recently in order to get set up for next season, and found that wowway.com offers the cheapest internet for my address. 100mbps for $30.

Any experiences? They aren't a known quantity like Spectrum or CenturyLink.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
AT&T Internet Air (fixed wireless) coming to Tampa in its initial 16 markets.

Everybody stay safe during the storm tonight.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bally reporter Ryan Bass has been retweeting videos of some of the flooding in Tampa.

Those of us out-of-market can watch local TB news coverage on sites like localnow.com, florida24network.com, or through the TB network affiliate station websites, but as someone mildly familiar with Tampa, Bayshore Blvd is very close to Amalie Arena. The eastern terminus leads into W Brorein St and Channelside Drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia