OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Proton VPN has severely limited their free version. The gravy train was always going to come to an end at some point.

I've looked into Windscribe and hide.me for free alternatives. I don't really think either is suitable to get around ESPN+ restrictions. If you just want a VPN to give you another IP, then they're all still fine.

I guess I'll have to pay extra to learn that ESPN+ is the exclusive home of the complete 30 for 30 library.

Last edited:

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Proton VPN has severely limited their free version. The gravy train was always going to come to an end at some point.

I've looked into Windscribe and hide.me for free alternatives. I don't really think either is suitable to get around ESPN+ restrictions. If you just want a VPN to give you another IP, then they're all still fine.

I guess I'll have to pay extra to learn that ESPN+ is the exclusive home of the complete 30 for 30 library.
I use Avast secure Line VPN, I pay the year and is cheap, at least for me and I'm in a poor country and poor economy but don't have problems to watch the games and I use to see more than 90% of Lightning games.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I use Avast secure Line VPN, I pay the year and is cheap, at least for me and I'm in a poor country and poor economy but don't have problems to watch the games and I use to see more than 90% of Lightning games.
My main use of a VPN is just to get around ESPN+ blackouts. Proton VPN free was perfect for that.

There are only a few weeks left in the season on Bally Sun, so I'm just going month-to-month with VPNs right now.

I could theoretically build my own for like $20/year, but everything feels like such a waste when I only need it for a few minutes a month.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

When Paradox starts giving the DLC out, it seems we're getting close to a disappointing sequel announcement. HOI4 has had legs, and stayed one of their most popular games.

They had been posting L's at launch for a while now, but Cities: Skylines 2 appears to have shaken them a bit. The games are eventually improved, but the damage is done.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
BlackBerry is on Hulu.

It's a fictionalized movie around RIM, who made the BlackBerry phone. The co-CEO was Jim Balsillie, a major character in the movie.

Balsillie tried to buy the Pens, Predators, and Coyotes with the intent of moving them to Hamilton.

That story is going on in the background as a C-plot. Although an actor playing Gary Bettman does appear.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
X-Men '97 is pretty good so far (3 episodes).

The showrunner Beau DeMayo got fired shortly before the premier, which wasn't a good sign, but the show works.

justliketampa

Apr 2, 2024
Cool seeing the 19/3 still being used! How will the Lightning ever survive paying 19 million to 3 players?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In case you want eclipse spoilers:
The sun will be obscured 57% at the maximum eclipse visible in Florida. The eclipse will begin at 1:45 p.m. and will be peaking at 3:03 p.m. It will end at 4:17 p.m.

I know it takes the fun out of staring at the sun all day for some of us.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
My students today thought the eclipse happened all over the world at once. Now obviously the other side of the planet is dark so how is that possible? Well apparently according to them on the other side of the planet it’s called a lunar eclipse and the sun passes in front of the moon

• Wow
Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My students today thought the eclipse happened all over the world at once. Now obviously the other side of the planet is dark so how is that possible? Well apparently according to them on the other side of the planet it’s called a lunar eclipse and the sun passes in front of the moon
that's right, tho

• Haha
Reactions: Rschmitz

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
May I ask how old your students are? :D

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was messing with ChatGPT for some NHL Utah team name ideas.

It occurred to me ChatGPT 3.5 likes to give me a lot of garbage, and that there's a fair amount of overlap between car names and team names.

I told it to give me names for possible future Jeeps.

1. Jeep Wrangler Zenith
  2. Jeep Renegade Apex
  3. Jeep Gladiator Fury
  4. Jeep Cherokee Summit
  5. Jeep Compass Horizon
  6. Jeep Patriot Trailblazer
  7. Jeep Liberty Vanguard
  8. Jeep Commander Odyssey
  9. Jeep Grand Wagoneer Legacy
  10. Jeep Trailhawk Titan
  11. Jeep Compass Voyager
  12. Jeep Renegade Nomad
  13. Jeep Gladiator Titan
  14. Jeep Wrangler Sentinel
  15. Jeep Patriot Vanguard

We're supposedly pretty close to the next GPT release, whether it's 4.5 or 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad