GDT: LIVE NHL Draft 2022, Day 2 -- NO SPOILERS

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What's wrong with the kid? Seems like a good leader who has a great plus minus and puts up points.

I would think being a D+2 and not being as much of an inside player puts a drag on his draft status. Edmonds, with his dynamic shot, got taken. It wouldn't be the first time a player goes through to UDFA status with solid, projectable skills and production. But now he has the uphill battle of not even being drafted to contend with when/if he signs.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I would think being a D+2 and not being as much of an inside player puts a drag on his draft status. Edmonds, with his dynamic shot, got taken. It wouldn't be the first time a player goes through to UDFA status with solid, projectable skills and production. But now he has the uphill battle of not even being drafted to contend with when/if he signs.

Well maybe Adams will invite him to Development Camp.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It's something to see someone that moved making an acknowledgement. Also makes me wonder just how bad it was under Botterill's stewardship too.

My sense reading people:

Murray: brash, unprofessional, overruled scouts and fractured the staff via a toxic leadership style.

Botterill: smart but likely never had the ability to make the tough call with Eichel, went the easy way out moving ROR, and was likely not a team builder. I can also see him overruling the staff personally and making unilateral decisions more often than needed.

He doesn’t get it out, but he clearly is trying to say “9 years.”
Forton has been here since 2013 and has been through just about anything you can imagine with this franchise, so it says a lot about Kevyn here.
Watching Adams interview, it’s clear that he’s the right guy for the job, and has a McDermott-Beane process strategy.

First time in a decade I feel completely at ease with the Sabres direction.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
3 seasons of KA drafts:

21 F
5 D
1 G

giphy.gif
Even though he wasn't drafted by Adams, I'll give him credit for acquiring Levi to add to the prospect pool. Then again, we'd have to also give him Krebs by the same token, so...

22 F
5 D
2 G

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Even though he wasn't drafted by Adams, I'll give him credit for acquiring Levi to add to the prospect pool. Then again, we'd have to also give him Krebs by the same token, so...

22 F
5 D
2 G
“Hey Ryan Johnson…I hope you are enjoying dev camp. Let me explain why you should sign here despite seeing three top LHD ahead of you…you literally only have to beat out Jacob Bryson and then dont have to worry for another seven years. Here is a chart to prove it.”

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My sense reading people:

Murray: brash, unprofessional, overruled scouts and fractured the staff via a toxic leadership style.

Botterill: smart but likely never had the ability to make the tough call with Eichel, went the easy way out moving ROR, and was likely not a team builder. I can also see him overruling the staff personally and making unilateral decisions more often than needed.

He doesn’t get it out, but he clearly is trying to say “9 years.”

Watching Adams interview, it’s clear that he’s the right guy for the job, and has a McDermott-Beane process strategy.

First time in a decade I feel completely at ease with the Sabres direction.

I do too. They are following the bills recipe:

1) clear out people who don’t want to b here

2) add veterans who do want to be here

3) preach team accountability, ownership, and bonding

4) draft and develop players

5) patience and stay the course

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I do too. They are following the bills recipe:

1) clear out people who don’t want to b here

2) add veterans who do want to be here

3) preach team accountability, ownership, and bonding

4) draft and develop players

5) patience and stay the course
Beane should call over and tell them that one of the steps was to invest in good players who try to keep the ball out of the endzone. Keepers of the goal…line…so to speak

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Beane should call over and tell them that one of the steps was to invest in good players who try to keep the ball out of the endzone. Keepers of the goal…line…so to speak

I'm 100% in with Beane and McDermott (and maybe Josh Allen?) coming to Development Camp and visiting with the guys. Actually, I'd be surprised if something doesn't happen like that.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Just for all of you who are wondering: Rogers shit the bed across Canada. Everywhere is cash only today (no debit machines were working) and we had a complete 911 blackout today for a few hours. It really did not help that Bell also crapped out.

I had cell and internet service due to not having them as a provider. But I did not watch the draft as I had my daughter today and hung out with her.

Tampa got a steal with taking Nick Malik. I had him as a 7th rounder last year, and wanted him in the 7th this year. He almost made it there.

Lastly, I am really surprised Servac Petrovsky went 185th. That’s like, 4.5 rounds too late IMO.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Going by the same analogy.......Beane didn't truly dip into unrestricted free agency until this past summer. Sure, he dabbled in it......but he never made a splash in unrestricted free agency until the Bills were a contender.

Same kind of idea -- I don't expect Adams to make a real UFA splash until we're more ready. But it's most certainly time for a dabble.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Going by the same analogy.......Beane didn't truly dip into unrestricted free agency until this past summer. Sure, he dabbled in it......but he never made a splash in unrestricted free agency until the Bills were a contender.

Same kind of idea -- I don't expect Adams to make a real UFA splash until we're more ready. But it's most certainly time for a dabble.
The problem is you can’t draft new players that can come play on your team in the nhl. in the nfl they all can.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
One side note, I f***ing love that Kris Baker was working with Marty and Duffer on tv/radio and providing insight.

I followed his website before I found this forum and lurked in 2008-ish. He was a poster here IIRC. Just so cool to see that.

Reactions: michaelsaas

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Huh? NFL is certainly different than the NHL. But Poyer, Hyde, Morse, Lotoulei, were all big signings. We just never went for the huge swing until von miller.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well maybe Adams will invite him to Development Camp.

He could. They also have the "in" of McKee being his HC so they likely have additional info on the kid in terms of how he is in the room and off the ice too.

One side note, I f***ing love that Kris Baker was working with Marty and Duffer on tv/radio and providing insight.

I followed his website before I found this forum and lurked in 2008-ish. He was a poster here IIRC. Just so cool to see that.

Not only was Bakes a regular here (and he still has his account), but he was a mod for a time. Good guy, haven't talked to him since the 2019 draft though. I should change that.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4