List active players your team regrets trading away

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I just edited to add to my post as you responded.

Oshie was scape goated for early Blues exits while being a ghost in the playoffs to go along with maturity questions.

He had to go and Armstrong nuked his value by being determined to trade him.

My take is that between Hitchcock and Oshie you kept the wrong guy. That said and being fair, Oshie was expected to be THE GUY in St Louis and in Washington he had no such pressure on him.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Kane? No
Bogo? No
Laine? No
Jack? No
Armia? No

Only trade I didn’t like that the Jets did was when they moved back 3-4 spots (in first rd) in the draft to protect Toby and picked Stanley. I hated that move by Chevy.
You have 2 different drafts mixed up

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Can't really say there is anyone the Rangers traded away that I wish they kept. They have been very smart at cutting bait at the perfect time before they're stuck or have to commit to a player long term.

On the other hand I wish they found a way to keep Fast in UFA. He is missed.
DeAngelo ?

Wasn't he signed last October for $9.6M ?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
My take is that between Hitchcock and Oshie you kept the wrong guy. That said and being fair, Oshie was expected to be THE GUY in St Louis and in Washington he had no such pressure on him.
I think Oshie had to go regardless of Hitchcock being there or not.

The team struggled in the playoffs offensively three years in a row. Part of that is lack of elite center depth, but that doesn’t excuse everything.

Even if Hitch was fired after losing to the Wild-which many people were stunned that he wasn’t-I think Oshie needed a change of scenery to mature and progress to be a better player instead of being in STL. Which is why I don’t regret him being traded or miss him.

And once Tarasenko came to the US, it was no longer Oshie being the offensive wizard. For whatever reason, the young forward trio of Perron, Berglund, Oshie didn’t develop in STL the way people thought they would. 2/3 ended up turning into good players after being traded. But thankfully Schwartz and Tarasenko lived up to the hype.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't know if there is anyone who fits the bill for the Flames. We haven't traded away anyone of substance in a long time. Kulak, I suppose? But he wouldn't move the needle on this team.

Reactions: Boomstick

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly, not a lot of trades for the Lightning that are regretful. Biggest regrets are first round draft picks, and letting Marchessault & Verhaeghe walk for nothing.

Our last bad trade was June 15, 2012:
Anders Lindback for 2 2nds and a 3rd

Last edited:

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
McDonagh and Sergachev are two active players I wish the Habs hadn't traded. We have a tendency of trading away promising D for some reason.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Not many for Dallas. I guess Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski would be at the top but at that point Niskanen had lost all confidence in his game because Zubov wasn't around anymore to babysit him on the ice and Dallas desperately needed a puck moving dman. Goligoski actually became a good 2way defender for Dallas but they still lost the trade over time. Niskanen eventually found his game and confidence and Neal would become a consistent 25 goal scorer for the rest of his prime.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
No one really from Winnipeg
Laine stings but it's too early to call that one
Maybe Armia? It's not a huge loss though.
For this Jets fan losing Brendan Tanev sucked but was understood. Another was Paul Stastny the first time, especially to the Golden Knights after what they did to us in the playoffs.

Edit: sorry I misread the thread title. Those two I mentioned were lost in free agency. Not through trade. My apologies

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Jonathan Marchessault and Vincent Trocheck for Florida, at least for me personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad