List active players your team regrets trading away

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For the Bruins it still has to be Tyler Seguin

I guess if the return value is fair, it doesn't sting so much. But still there are cases where the team just gave up on the player too quickly. Or used incorrectly etc.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We've let some young guys walk that I regret, but for trades? Can't really think of any.

Lately we've been trading picks and prospects a lot rather than roster players. JT Miller is probably the best player we traded, but that was a) a Cap trade, b) for good value, and c) that we turned into a player that directly helped win the Cup in a way that JT Miller would not.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Does signings count?

Chris Tanev probably. Missed dearly for his ability to actually play defense.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
1155563850.jpg.0.jpg

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Can't really say there is anyone the Rangers traded away that I wish they kept. They have been very smart at cutting bait at the perfect time before they're stuck or have to commit to a player long term.

On the other hand I wish they found a way to keep Fast in UFA. He is missed.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
For the Jet's, I'd say Armia. There are other player's whom I'm sorry we lost, like Tanev and Chiarot, but they were priced too high to keep.

Reactions: AngryMoose

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
For which team?? It feels like Palmieri has been on the Devils for a long time

He was drafted by the Ducks 26th overall in 2009.

Fun fact, that draft pick was San Jose's which was traded for Dan Boyle, traded for Meszaros, traded for Campoli, traded from the Islanders to Columbus then Anaheim which weren't interesting trades as they were draft-pick related.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
probably gonna say nino for the islanders. Not many trades in the past few years where i'd say i sorely miss a player, and nino is the only one where i'd kinda wish he grew into the player he is now on the island

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Chara was a throw in for the Islanders to acquire Yashin. So I guess that.
Thats older but 100% that trade and the luongo/linden ones historically speaking. you could make a stanley cup winning team with the players milbury traded away

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Recently it kinda stings that JT Miller was a throw in to an already lopsided trade for the lightning with McDonagh. Also just tossing Ryan Graves away is annoying after he looked great last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad