List active players your team regrets trading away

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Was also supposed to be our future captain, in his prime, and was someone the young guys loved to be around. Ugh. I've beaten this to death in the Sens board already.
That trade is forever going to cement vegas as elite, and stone is very good as well. I'd argue he's their star player over patches and thats because of how damn smart he is as a player. Ottawa just stunk on that trade and didn't get much value for him as well. Thanks for pageau still

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
For the Penguins Oskar Sundqvist. I don't watch him a ton, but every time I do he seems to be doing good things. Would be a really nice addition to the bottom six for Pittsburgh.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Honestly Calgary is bad for letting depth players walk. Guess they're looking for the home run hit but just keep the effective player.

Derek Grant, Hathaway, Reider, Kulak, Forbort. Probably more.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That trade is forever going to cement vegas as elite, and stone is very good as well. I'd argue he's their star player over patches and thats because of how damn smart he is as a player. Ottawa just stunk on that trade and didn't get much value for him as well. Thanks for pageau still

No need to argue, he definitely is.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
A thread like this is more notable to me for the absence of any mention of Tyson Barrie from Avs fans. The thread on the Avs forum in the aftermath of the trade with the TML was something else in terms of regret from Barrie’s fans on the Avs. So many people would have taken him back. However, I don’t think that Barrie would be a top 4 Dman on the Avs now.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Rask and Gunnarsson would be my top two. I couldn't give less of a f*** about the Kadri trade anymore to be honest.

Reactions: notDatsyuk
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
A thread like this is more notable to me for the absence of any mention of Tyson Barrie from Avs fans. The thread on the Avs forum in the aftermath of the trade with the TML was something else in terms of regret from Barrie’s fans on the Avs. So many people would have taken him back. However, I don’t think that Barrie would be a top 4 Dman on the Avs now.

Barrie is extremely likeable, and he seemed like he was just a loved member of the team from his own teammates. He is an extremely flawed player however, and would not add much to the current Avs defense, especially as he would/should not be getting PP1 time over Makar.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Kadri is the main one for the Leafs. He is better than Kerfoot, which is all that is left of that trade for the Leafs. I would undo it in a minute if I had the chance.

Carter Verhaeghe would come in pretty handy now too, but I don't think anyone could have know what he would be when he was traded. It's hard to work up too much seller's remorse over that one.

A few years ago there were a lot of active former Leafs I would have liked to have back, such as Anton Stralman, but they are all getting older and/or retired, and there's not a whole lot of value out there that would still compete for spots on the Leafs' roster at their current price-points.

Phil Kessel, Kasperi Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Connor Brown, Nikita Zaitsev, Richard Panik and Curtis McElhinney are all still very useful NHL players, but none of them would fit into the Leafs plans at this point in time.

McElhinney would have been a Godsend during the Leafs' backup-goaltender crisis that has now passed, and I can't think of anyone other than Kadri and Verhaeghe that I now wish were back on the roster today.

Last edited:

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
sIyP4Hh.png

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Armia and Tanev for sure.

Probably Tanev the most. Man that guy was just everything you wanted in a 3rd liner. Plays balls to the wall every shift. Great disruptor with really good speed and even scored a few beauties. I like Appleton on that 3rd line but he's no Tanev.

Reactions: FractionTwo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad