List active players your team regrets trading away

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
For the Bruins it still has to be Tyler Seguin

I guess if the return value is fair, it doesn't sting so much. But still there are cases where the team just gave up on the player too quickly. Or used incorrectly etc.

Throw in Reilly Smith too. Been searching for a second line right winger for years and the one we had we traded away for Jimmy friggen Hayes.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
For the Caps it's Forsberg, of course.

Second might be Burakovsky, but Caps fans don't mind it. He didn't step up in DC, and he had plenty of chances. Most are genuinely happy for his success in Colorado.

Reactions: txpd

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Taking into consideration contracts, where the team is at and where the player is at in his career:
Mark Stone & Mika Zibanejad

Karlsson isn't what he use to be and that contract isn't very appealing.
Hoffman doesn't really line up age wise, but I do miss him.
Was very sad to see Pageau leave, but Ottawa isn't contending for a cup right now and I think it was the right choice to trade him.
A few other guys who are older (Spezza, Turris, Brassard, etc) don't make much sense right now.

Reactions: Kamina

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Verhaeghe

He was always more of a developmental third round pick, that was just getting to the Marlies when Lou traded him away for some reason.. Had some intriguing potential, and had an opportunity with the Leafs not having much organizational centre depth at the time.

Would have liked to have hung onto him, and I'm glad to see he's done well. Funny enough Lou goes to the Islanders and lets him go again to Tampa, and now he's breaking out in Florida :laugh:

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Rangers

JT Miller being included in the McDonagh trade.

Neal Pionk because it got us Jacob Trouba at 8 million.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Throw in Reilly Smith too. Been searching for a second line right winger for years and the one we had we traded away for Jimmy friggen Hayes.

naw. Rumor was that he didn't want to say. Or perhaps scoff at Bruins extension offer

His production was erratic. I mean he kept getting booted out of town until he arrived at Vegas. Still goes mia from time to time

The return the Bruins got was the bad part

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
For the Avs, the first set of negotiations seemed to really set the stage for a soured relationship. I don't think there was any salvaging that once it was clear that management and ROR weren't willing to budge at all.

^ This, Idk if it's still the same but Ryan O'Reilly was never the problem . The real problem was the environmen arround him. Every 31 club would take him on its roster , the problem is that there's a but.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Danault

Tuevo was a cap casualty with Bickell. Kind of had to be done. A few other guys as well in this category.

Reactions: Esq

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Honestly, for the Blues, within the past 5 years or so, I’d say Reaves over Oshie.

Oshie had to be traded and since Armstrong was determined to get something, the value was never going to be close and I don’t think Oshie would’ve matured if he had stayed in STL.

Reason I say Reaves is because his skill set is pretty unique and the Blues haven’t and likely won’t find someone with the same style and effectiveness for a while. Sundqvist has turned out great and TBD on Kostin, but Reaves’ style is missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad